E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Using Your Canandian Phone in the States

11-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #23
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
Hey guys,

I'm going down to the states for work related stuff. Rogers wants $40 for like 40 US-Canada long distance minutes and 100 text messages. Sad stuff.

What do you guys do when travelling with your phone?
First off you travel to Europe where all phone service provider contracts are not allowed to charge excessive rates just because you travel to another country, all European service providers opperate a reciprical service, ensuring only a tiny extra cost when using a roaming service.
North America seems light years behind us when it comes to mobile phone customer service practices and costs! I see a huge business opportunity for one of the main European service providers to "Clean up" if if it were not for the fact that US and Canadian governmental legislation suports this blatant rip off of their population by allowing telecom monopolies to grow and prosper unchecked. could this be because of "Political donations" ? I think so.

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0