E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > FK Silverline X plus coilovers

01-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

FK Silverline X plus coilovers

I had the pleasure of buying a set from SupremePowers dealing with Eric and Craig...They were a pleasure to deal with, the transaction from payment to delivery was incredible...I live on the East Coast (tri-state) area and thought about getting coilovers for a while but contemplated because of all the shit roads out here...Well I finally grab my balls and ordered them...I had a local installer Matt ( Itsbrokeagain ) to do the install for me because I know he is quite qualified to do the install since he has done so many and his price is unbeatable.. The install went very smooth and Matt came to my location and did the install without a hitch...It still needs to settle and on Monday he will meet me to re-adjust the height and if anything the ride quality. We set the shock adjustment to 50% because I didn't want too harsh a ride or to soft so we decided at the middle point and I love it....After taking the car out today, I have to admit that these coilovers are the shit, they are FAR better than the OEM sport suspension that I had in my car running on RUNFLATS...NOW the ride is smooth as silk and hitting the bumps and little imperfections in the road is so different compared to my shitty OEM sports suspension that I had...It absorbs and dampens the car more effectively making it steady, even though the car is lowered, it made the ride and comfort 100x better...For the handling of the car, its incredible and now the car handles like I am driving around in a GO-Kart...Turns are so much more responsive and tight like on rails...Highway speeds my car before felt loose and bouncy when going over 80 mph, but now its no longer bouncy and going over 80 the car still handled perfect....THe FK Silverline X coilovers that I purchased from SupremePower are perfect and I am glad I went with this brand.....I will post some pics after Monday when Matt (Itsbrokeagain) re-adjusts the suspension for me and tweaks it....I have to admit anyone in the Tri-state area who wants coilovers or springs to be installed, HE is your man!!!

Last edited by cn555ic; 01-09-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I had the pleasure of buying a set from SupremePowers dealing with Eric and Craig...They were a pleasure to deal with, the transaction from payment to delivery was incredible...I live on the East Coast (tri-state) area and thought about getting coilovers for a while but contemplated because of all the shit roads out here...Well I finally grab my balls and ordered them...I had a local installer Matt ( Itsbrokeagain ) to do the install for me because I know he is quite qualified to do the install since he has done so many and his price is unbeatable at $150.. The install went very smooth and Matt came to my location and did the install without a hitch...It still needs to settle and on Monday he will meet me to re-adjust the height and if anything the ride quality. We set the shock adjustment to 50% because I didn't want too harsh a ride or to soft so we decided at the middle point and I love it....After taking the car out today, I have to admit that these coilovers are the shit, they are FAR better than the OEM sport suspension that I had in my car running on RUNFLATS...NOW the ride is smooth as silk and hitting the bumps and little imperfections in the road is so different compared to my shitty OEM sports suspension that I had...It absorbs and dampens the car more effectively making it steady, even though the car is lowered, it made the ride and comfort 100x better...For the handling of the car, its incredible and now the car handles like I am driving around in a GO-Kart...Turns are so much more responsive and tight like on rails...Highway speeds my car before felt loose and bouncy when going over 80 mph, but now its no longer bouncy and going over 80 the car still handled perfect....THe FK Silverline X coilovers that I purchased from SupremePower are perfect and I am glad I went with this brand.....I will post some pics after Monday when Matt (Itsbrokeagain) re-adjusts the suspension for me and tweaks it....I have to admit anyone in the Tri-state area who wants coilovers or springs to be installed, HE is your man!!!
where are you located? i'm on long island and would love to experience these coils first hand...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Glad everything went well Steven can't wait to see sum pics!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

i removed my stock suspension - installed kw v1's - pulled them out and installed eibach pro kit on koni fsd (current setup)....there is no way in hell i'd do that for $150 - that is a BARGAIN.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
i removed my stock suspension - installed kw v1's - pulled them out and installed eibach pro kit on koni fsd (current setup)....there is no way in hell i'd do that for $150 - that is a BARGAIN.
Matts (Itsbrokeagain) is definitely charging a price that is unbeatable and not only that, he comes to your location if its not too far with all the tools needed!! I would suggest anyone who wants suspension work done, give him a call, but speaking to him if its this weekend he is fully booked!!!
Appreciate 0