E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > No More Speculating - the next Airstrip Attack is Coming Soon!

11-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #529
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Yeah, hopefully we can find an AT solution. Not sure if it's the converter and maybe the 335d converter is the answer.

I know the stock turbo's would never be able to keep up with the upgraded turbo cars with a good tune, but the fact that I was able to put down 480 to 500 whp with stock turbo's just goes to show upgraded turbo's have room to grow with fueling hardware and e85. But it was fun trying. Like any race, outcome is up in the air until you cross the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
It was nice talking to you also. Still can't believe that drive back up to Oregon! It was also nice hanging out with all the other regulars again.

This 6AT trans thing is kind of a scary thing. Terry's car let loose right in the middle of the gear, sending the engine to redline. Is everyone else just having the problem right after the shift, or right in the middle of the gear?

Running well, the BMS 135i belted out back to back 130mph qtr mile, level vbox runs. So it makes sense that Eric's E63 and him are neck and neck on a clean run. Most 335i RBs are trapping in the 125-127mph range.

Its so hard to judge what is happening at the end of a roll on race as a spectator, because you have no idea what happened at the start, etc. For comparisons sake, get a Vbox and do a level qtr mile run, you will immediately see what range your car is trapping at. If its 125mph, you are in GTR, Z06 territory. If you are in the 130mph range, you are up there with the ZR1s, 458s, etc. Once you have the traps, you already know what you "could" do in the qtr mile with good traction.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #530
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC View Post
We had a great time at the event, and it was nice meeting all of you guys! Wedge that was me you raced, Tyson was in the B8 S4. Wedge's car is seriously fast, definitely the fastest stock turbo N54 that I raced. Even if I had shifted clean into 4th, I would have won by only a car or so. I definitely wasn't expecting your car to be that fast!

I was able to race the MT single turbo coupe, as well as the single turbo sedan (not sure of the transmission, but I believe it was an auto). Both of these cars edged me by what looked from my perspective to be around 2 cars (the coupe was noticeably faster, in my race at least). Sick335's RB car looked to beat me by the same distance, and I honestly felt that his car was just as fast as the singles I raced. The midrange on the RB's is very impressive.

As a perspective, some of the cars I beat include a C6 Z06 (intake and tune), 2013 GTR Black Edition, heads and cam C6, bolt on M5 and built motor turbo Integra. So these upgraded turbo N54's are certainly in an elite performance class!

Overall, a great weekend and a great time with fellow enthusiasts!
Hey Thomas!

It was great hanging out with you at the event. Its always good to be around down to earth, good people and enthusiasts. That wasn't the case for all of the participants at the event, but hey, gotta take the bad in with the good. Your car was impressive, but i was expecting it to be, being that it's almost the same platform as the N54. Looking forward to seeing you at the next event!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #531
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
Hey you are on all the forums! It was good to meet you man.

For my honor I must post again that I put my 450lb friend in the passenger seat during our run.

/Excuses

It couldn't have been a better day. I would recommend that anyone who can go show up. The drama of the forums doesn't exist on the race track. Hanging out with these guys and watching turbo lambos spin off the track is really what it's about.

See you there next year.

-Pete
Pete,

Definitely have to mention that, because you did have more weight than me! No doubt about it, you beat me and will continue to beat me if we do more races. It is funny the friendly atmosphere on the track, compared to coming back to the forums and seeing the bantering.

It was a pleasure meeting you, and I'm glad I was able to see firsthand a well setup single turbo car!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #532
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

I thought I'd post this here because I almost did this!

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jmYvPG1T2yU[/u2b]

thanks to MGallop

Last edited by Dmacc; 11-13-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #533
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Well at least the driver thought it was funny! I was in line waiting for half an hour while they were digging him out, didn't find it as hilarious...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #534
MikeB@fftec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Evo 8

My photos are up.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4327446&type=1
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #535
EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i M/T, 15 F80 M3 DCT

Garage List
Hey guys finally getting back to reality after an awesome weekend at Shift-S3ctor. Jason and Ryan really upped their game this time. This event was even better than the first event at Trona. They even had a plane doing fly by's and taking footage while racing!!!! We all really owe it to Jason and Ryan. They are two really cool guys that selflessly put on this whole event for us to go out and have a great time with like minded gear heads. So again THANK YOU RYAN AND JASON!

I went on Sunday only. The day was full of action and great races. Seeing a GTR and the UR Gallardo spin out was the only mishap of the day. Longboarder's new S/C M3 was just dominating. There was an epic race between him and Rob@vishnu (built Zo6). Drew's M3 was also laying the hurt on a lot of fast cars. I noticed the S/C M3's were performing much better than last time at Trona. The lower temps and lower altitude was most defiantly in their favor. The whole FFTEC/Vishnu crew was representing with 5 single turbos. CaptinInsano's single turbo duct tape fender masterpiece did not skip a beat all day. He was there hanging with the big dogs.

Since I'm only intake, meth and tune, I played with cars that were more in my realm of competition. I ended up having two great races with two stock M3's. Meth spray was on and off on the 2nd M3 race and I did rather well. I got to race a FBO 335i N54 and a FBO 335i N55. You will probably see the footage soon. If not I'll share later on.
I got to race two of the GIAC Audi RS4's. They were very cool guys and ended up handing me a good ass whoopin.

All in all it was a complete success like last time and everyone had a blast. If anyone has been even remotely thinking about going to the next event, do not hesitate. Make the drive like Wedge did and come down and have fun. When everyone is there in person it is a whole different ball game. It was good getting to meet you all and I hope to see you all soon at the next event.

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #536
Dave W.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon

Did anyone datalog and capture some 60-130 times at this event?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #537
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
Did anyone datalog and capture some 60-130 times at this event?
Terrys best was 7.8. I assume my best was low-mid 8s
Appreciate 0