E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Calling all 6NF / 6NR retrofitters!

11-18-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
jayooo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M Sport

Calling all 6NF / 6NR retrofitters!

Hi all,

I have a strange issue I am hoping someone can shed some light on.

I have completed a 6NF retrofit, car already has 6FL and combox.

Everything fitted fine, and I have replaced the aux/usb socket for a switch able one to enable aux connection to 6NF.

However, the pinouts for the 6 pin connector connecting to the new usb/aux socket (61136954554) given everywhere on the net do not work correctly for me, and the stereo sound comes out of the wrong side of the car when playing through aux. Left comes out of the right, left comes out of both, and centre comes out of both. The wires at the combox colour code to the same wires given in this thread, so I believed they are correct.

Pinouts at the 6 pin connector should be, and given in all DIYs and instructions; (doesn't play right on my car)

1 AUX_NF_L
3 AUX-GND
4 AUX_NF_R
SHIELD

I have managed to make it sound correctly by switching the connections at the 6 pin connector in the centre console.

I have changed;

Aux_NF_L to pin 3
AUX_GND to pin 4
AUX_NF_R to pin 1
Shiled connected with shield from 6NF

I cannot test aux on the baseplate as I haven't received my snap in adapter yet, should be a week or so, If I can make that sound correct too with a different combination of the remaining 3 pins, there is no issue then right?

Any ideas why this may be? I cant find anyone else who has had the same issue.

Thanks

James
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
jayooo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M Sport

Update

Media cradle arrived today and I connected the remaining 3 pins from the baseplate to the 6 pin socket on the aux/usb connector, and the sound works perfectly from the baseplate on the pins as described in the instructions.

So its just the original combox pins I needed to rejig but as I say not heard of anyone else with the same issue!

Anyway, issue resolved in terms of how the car operates and sounds, but I have had to wire it differently to anyone else which is odd.
Appreciate 0