E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > UUC Endlinks?

07-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
runflat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

UUC Endlinks?

I'm looking to get a set of adjustable endlinks for my 2008 328xi sedan and haven't come across any reviews for the UUC xi endlinks. Does anyone have these and are they decent for the awd cars with a lowered suspension?

I will be installing the endlinks along with the uuc front sway bar/bushings. My car already has koni yellows, m3 rear sway bar, m3 rear subframe bushings, zsp springs, style 193 wheels and michelin pilot as/3 tires. I have a clunking noise in the front when decelerating (coasting and braking) that I believe is due to either the endlinks or sway bar bushings so I'm hoping this takes care of that.

So, anyone have experience with the uuc xi endlinks or other adjustable endlinks that you would recommend?

Here's the link to the ones I'm looking at: http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/pair-...ies-p1369.aspx
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
runflat
Enlisted Member
Rep

Anyone?

The only other alternative I've found are the HP Autowerks endlinks (http://www.hpashop.com/HP-Autosport-...ks-e82-e9x.htm) but I'm leaning toward the UUC ones since neither have many reviews for xi cars and I already have the UUC front bar.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Milan
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I bought the hpa ones they working great.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
P33J
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i XDrive

I ordered UUC xi endlinks February 12 and after numerous follow up calls and emails they still haven't come in. I think it 's about time I get my money back and either go with HP or Turner who have custom ones that will fit any set up:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-21...inks-pair.aspx

UUC is notorious for terrible shipping problems, I regret getting their swaybars because of the custom bushing, some day I will need new ones.

Turner and HP have never let me down as far as delivery times. Turner is near me and get me my order the next day or tell me what the delay is and when the expected shipping date is without having to ask. HP is very responsive and knowledgeable.

UUC products don't do me much good if they never ship.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
runflat
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
I bought the hpa ones they working great.
Thanks for your reply.

I'm leaning towards the HPA ones even though they're a little more expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P33J View Post
I ordered UUC xi endlinks February 12 and after numerous follow up calls and emails they still haven't come in. I think it 's about time I get my money back and either go with HP or Turner who have custom ones that will fit any set up:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-21...inks-pair.aspx

UUC is notorious for terrible shipping problems, I regret getting their swaybars because of the custom bushing, some day I will need new ones.

Turner and HP have never let me down as far as delivery times. Turner is near me and get me my order the next day or tell me what the delay is and when the expected shipping date is without having to ask. HP is very responsive and knowledgeable.

UUC products don't do me much good if they never ship.
Thanks for your post, this is definitely something I was considering. I can't believe that you ordered on Feb 12?!?!?! I'd be extremely pissed if it took that long to get an order

I ordered the UUC front sway bar and had to call twice before it shipped, and it took over two weeks from when I ordered until I received it. UUC seems to have poor customer service overall which is a big reason why I'm leaning towards the HPA endlinks
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #6
P33J
Private
Rep

If I really needed them I would have quit on UUC a long time ago. As it stands I am not changing from stock to coil overs / lowering until later in the year.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #7
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

I can tell you off the bat that the UUC design will make noise within 6 months.

Why? Because the heim joint bearing is exposed.

Dirt will get stuck in between the bearing and race and slowly wear away at the race, allowing for play in the bearing, and as a result clunking noises.

You will want to install protective rubber boots over the heim joints to prevent dirt from prematurely wearing away at the bearing.

Turner's design is much better. Those bearings ARE booted.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #8
runflat
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post
I can tell you off the bat that the UUC design will make noise within 6 months.

Why? Because the heim joint bearing is exposed.

Dirt will get stuck in between the bearing and race and slowly wear away at the race, allowing for play in the bearing, and as a result clunking noises.

You will want to install protective rubber boots over the heim joints to prevent dirt from prematurely wearing away at the bearing.

Turner's design is much better. Those bearings ARE booted.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I already received the uuc endlinks (they were on sale last weekend). Now I'm debating if I should return them and get the turner or hpa set that have rubber boots. Do you know where I could get protective rubber boots for the ones I have? They seem pretty solid but I don't want to have to replace them again soon
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by runflat View Post
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I already received the uuc endlinks (they were on sale last weekend). Now I'm debating if I should return them and get the turner or hpa set that have rubber boots. Do you know where I could get protective rubber boots for the ones I have? They seem pretty solid but I don't want to have to replace them again soon
Any place that sells heim joints/spherical bearings will sell them.

Quick google search found these while searching "heim joint rubber boot"

http://www.mooreparts.com/Heim-Joint...ots-%26-Seals/

I actually have used those FK boots on custom control arms I've made in the past.

These specific boots may or may not work for the UUC end links. They use a tapered bushings/reducer in the joint and these are not meant for tapered bushings.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #10
P33J
Private
Rep

Personally I'm not in love with capturing water and other crap in there where I can't see it with the "rubber boot".

I run Jeeps that get a lot more dirt/water/mud/sand etc. in my Hiems. BUT they have zerk fittings that push all that crap out of the joint when you grease them at the end of the day. UUC pics of their links don't show any grease fittings which is pretty sad frankly ($150). Drill tap whatever.

Ordered links from UUC directly in Feb, no delivery yet, what a joke. I don't shit on people in forums but this is pretty special.

Roger
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #11
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P33J View Post
Personally I'm not in love with capturing water and other crap in there where I can't see it with the "rubber boot".

I run Jeeps that get a lot more dirt/water/mud/sand etc. in my Hiems. BUT they have zerk fittings that push all that crap out of the joint when you grease them at the end of the day. UUC pics of their links don't show any grease fittings which is pretty sad frankly ($150). Drill tap whatever.

Ordered links from UUC directly in Feb, no delivery yet, what a joke. I don't shit on people in forums but this is pretty special.

Roger
If the boot is sized and installed correctly, water and dirt will never get inside to begin with. That is whole point of booting the joints.

Sure the heim joints can be maintained after every event/use, but who is going to do that on a street car? That would mean monthly break downs and reassembly. You should then get a 4 wheel alignment, etc.
Appreciate 0