E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > How much are people payin for their E90 Sedans?

03-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #749
GreenThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90

MSRP 40,770
Sales Price 38,770
Invoice 38,320

2015 335xi | Mineral Grey Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | NAV | SportLine | ZPP | ZDA | ZCW | Munich Build

Retired: 2008, 2011, 2013 328xi
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #750
mrvuml
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i w/ZSP

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
08 335i 6MT. $400 over invoice. No Maco. $45 doc fee. Base rate + 0.0002 (=0.0022) MF. Free carpeted floormats and wheel locks.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #751
Hadi335
USD School of Business
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron1011 View Post
I wonder what I could get for a payment for just a E90 335i with Sport Package, metalic paint, and USB?
The Money factor isnt .00175 right now; that's what it was when I got my baby in August. Right now for March it is .00210 for an e90 at 36mo. thats a pretty big difference there. Wait to see if it goes back to .00175, then pull the trigger and go for it, I wouldn't jump on it until then. There was a point last year the money factor was .00150!

Will be tricky to find that car (only sport) but you should be ok with some research, number crunching, and negotiating.

Remember, if you pay more than 500 over invoice its a bad deal.
Remember, if you pay more than Buy rate its a bad deal.
If you get both: Now you're talking.

When I was shopping, I was quoted 625 over invoice, I said no.
When I was shopping, I was quoted .00185 money factor I said no.

Don't let these guys screw you or talk you into anything. You know the hard numbers. Call 20 dealerships. Tell them I know A, I know B, I want C, can you do it? If no then hang up, if so then take delivery!
      03-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #752
E90StAtUs
Registered
Rep
Drives: 05 Evo 8, 07 R6

How do u find out what's The Money factor for the month ?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #753
Hadi335
USD School of Business
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90StAtUs View Post
How do u find out what's The Money factor for the month ?

To find money factor and residual:

Go to www.bimmerfest.com

Go to forums

Go to ASK-A-DEALER

On the top, as a sticky, it will have a link to the current month's buy rate. This is the lowest rate a dealership can go "by the books" on a lease with BMWFS. Every single dealership. You can also see the residiual there as well.

Remember, getting 500 over invoice and the buy rate is based usually on TIER 1 A+ Credit. Previous BMWFS possibly will get a money factor reduction if there is a promotion that month; There was a Money factor reduction a few months ago on the 535 but not for the 335. Maybe in the future?

Remember, dealerships have enough say whether or not they can get you approved. If you're in the middle between Tier 1, Tier 2 or so, they can seriously push it through for you because they have pull. BMWFS has people in regions that monitor dealerships. For instance, Los Angeles has BMWFS representative, and if they want something pushed through, then they call. Usually, they can do it, but they hit you on the money factor and the negotiated price. That's where some buyers get duped, they say you have this on your credit, your income is this, your score is this, so we have to give you the car at 1200 over invoice. LOL. See ya later.

!
      03-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #754
G35revup
V3 Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
ahahaha.

A $34,450 328i has $1,995 of profit in it
I guess you all are losing money on cars then. This guy I know sold cars for 20 years, he told me that he lies so much he even lies to his friends and doesnt realize it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #755
RyanDe680
Investor Relations
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I just bought my 335i sedan for $500 over invoice.
      03-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #756
bman5150
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i M-Sport (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
I just bought my 335i sedan for $500 over invoice.
Did you have a trade? What did you get for it and what was the value on Kelly Blue Book? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #757
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

No trade
cash deal (no financing, not really a suitcase full of cash)
factory order (not off the lot)

$1200 over invoice
No MACO

Fully optioned 6MT car.

Decent deal?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #758
bman5150
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
No trade
cash deal (no financing, not really a suitcase full of cash)

$1200 over invoice
No MACO

Fully optioned 6MT car.

Decent deal?
It certainly isn't a bad deal. Best I can tell from the monitoring I've done on these cars, you might have been able to negotiate as good as around $500 over invoice for a car on the lot, but we're only talking a difference of $700 here. It's not unreasonable, but probably not the best I've heard.

Thanks for writing back with additional details. Really helps paint a more accurate picture of the current marketplace.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #759
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
It certainly isn't a bad deal. Best I can tell from the monitoring I've done on these cars, you might have been able to negotiate as good as around $500 over invoice for a car on the lot, but we're only talking a difference of $700 here. It's not unreasonable, but probably not the best I've heard.

Thanks for writing back with additional details. Really helps paint a more accurate picture of the current marketplace.
Thanks for the feedback.

It would not be off the lot. I guess that is important too.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #760
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post

He actually got between 800-950 or so over invoice considering he didn't pay MACO. MACO is a fee that dealerships pay and is charged to every single car, so even if he didn't pay it the dealership did.

MACO is different depending on where you buy the car
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #761
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

What I have noticed is this thread has become a pissing contest of who got the best deal. Without naming anybody - I know of a few people I have personally sold in this thread that did not get the deal they posted.

i can't speak for everybody, but be honest guys - or else people who aren't getting some of these insane deals aren't going to feel like they got ripped off.

I've had a few customers call me after seeing this thread and they paid $800 over invoice really upset that I "ripped them off".

Unfortunately, E90 Post is not reality in terms of the deals people are getting nationally.

The floor guys consider $1,500 over invoice a skinny deal on a 335i sedan. People are paying more for these cars - just not you guys. Which is a good thing! I don't blame you! But if somebody joins this forum after and sees this thread, they start to feel very bad about their purchase

Don't really know where I am going with this. Cheerio! Enjoy your new vehicles!

Will
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #762
bman5150
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What I have noticed is this thread has become a pissing contest of who got the best deal. Without naming anybody - I know of a few people I have personally sold in this thread that did not get the deal they posted.

i can't speak for everybody, but be honest guys - or else people who aren't getting some of these insane deals aren't going to feel like they got ripped off.

I've had a few customers call me after seeing this thread and they paid $800 over invoice really upset that I "ripped them off".

Unfortunately, E90 Post is not reality in terms of the deals people are getting nationally.

The floor guys consider $1,500 over invoice a skinny deal on a 335i sedan. People are paying more for these cars - just not you guys. Which is a good thing! I don't blame you! But if somebody joins this forum after and sees this thread, they start to feel very bad about their purchase

Will

I don't disagree with your comments entirely. There is certainly a ton of misinformation in this very long thread. That's why I've always tried to steer the conversation to the details. Someone may have bought a 335i sedan at $500 invoice but might have paid MACO, or maybe got a much lower trade-in value than what the trade was actually worth in the market.

There is some value to be had within this post if you want to know about what these cars are going for. And yes, it does vary by region/market but for the most part you can get a pretty good idea of where things are at. And my point to the previous post was that basically, he got the car he wanted and still got what I would consider to be a pretty fair price - especially since it sounds like it was ordered and not a car sitting on the lot. No pissing contest here. ..heck, I haven't even bought mine yet! ;-)

Fair to say, a decent deal on a new 2008 335i right now (all other things being equal) is between $500 and $1500 over invoice. Factor in MACO fees, your trade-in (if any), getting the exact car you want vs. settling for something slightly off what you wanted and this is a pretty good range to shoot for - that is, for in-the-know prospective 3 series buyers!

The internet is the greatest and worst thing for the car buying process (depends whether your the buyer or the seller!)
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #763
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Will
I guess you aren't a capitalist? There is a phrase in this country "what the market will bear". If you will sell me the car at invoice then I'm interested in buying. Of course the floor guys are unhappy selling the car at $1,500 over invoice, that's because they are capitalists and want every penny they can get. Name me one salesman that would be unhappy to sell a car for $10,000 over invoice and I'll show you a salesman who's looking to sell a car for $20,000 over invoice. Why should anyone here (buyers) care how little we pay? Why wouldn't some buyers display fake (or real) anger because they feel (or want to appear they feel) they paid too much. You and I know there are many salesmen out there displaying plenty of fake (and real) anger, tears, contrition, angst, etc... about selling the car for too little. Let me guess, no salesman at your dealership would ever do that... (insert fake offense here).

You must be on crack to even have posted this. I'd like to think you were a nice guy but this sounds like such typical dealer whining about how the dealers aren't getting a "fair deal" (despite the fact that they sign the bottom line too). You don't like angry customers? Well I don't like angry, lying, conniving, dissembling, ignorant, etc... salesmen. Don't do business with those people any longer if their anger is more than you can handle. Bottom line is I've heard this whine too many times to be impressed by this print version. People should ignore this dribble.

P.S. - Why don't you call out the liars. If you really have a problem with the lying here and you have the means to correct the record then please do so. Here you state that you know people have lied here and yet it seems your desire for potential future sales (to liars who are doing you some sort of harm) is more important to you than providing honest information for the rest of us. Am I right?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #764
myfirst3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

just a quick question on this talk about price over invoice. when you state that you are getting so and so over invoice. does that include the invoice price of the options such as premium package or sports package? at first i thought people got a certain prices over the invoice price of the car then added options after, but going to other car sites, ive seen that the options also have an msrp as well as an invoice (ie msrp zpp $3,250 and invoice $2,960). so when you state you got $500 over invoice, is that $500 over the invoice price of the car as well as all the invoice prices of the options?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:07 AM   #765
1WickedE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirst3 View Post
so when you state you got $500 over invoice, is that $500 over the invoice price of the car as well as all the invoice prices of the options?
Correct. Total invoice price assumes invoice pricing for base price + any added options.
      03-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #766
The Other Tom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:

Will
Thanks for posting this, Will. I now feel better about paying $1500 over invoice. A dealer can't stay in business making $500 over invoice. Ain't gonna happen. I notice a lot of people who claim $500, or $800 over invoice are leasing. My bet is that the dealer is making up the profit on the money factor.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #767
mrvuml
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i w/ZSP

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
Thanks for posting this, Will. I now feel better about paying $1500 over invoice. A dealer can't stay in business making $500 over invoice. Ain't gonna happen. I notice a lot of people who claim $500, or $800 over invoice are leasing. My bet is that the dealer is making up the profit on the money factor.
Yep! MF and acq. fee. I know my dealer did. Doesn't really matter though as its the total deal thats important. $1000 over invoice in my case.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #768
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
I guess you aren't a capitalist? There is a phrase in this country "what the market will bear". If you will sell me the car at invoice then I'm interested in buying. Of course the floor guys are unhappy selling the car at $1,500 over invoice, that's because they are capitalists and want every penny they can get. Name me one salesman that would be unhappy to sell a car for $10,000 over invoice and I'll show you a salesman who's looking to sell a car for $20,000 over invoice. Why should anyone here (buyers) care how little we pay? Why wouldn't some buyers display fake (or real) anger because they feel (or want to appear they feel) they paid too much. You and I know there are many salesmen out there displaying plenty of fake (and real) anger, tears, contrition, angst, etc... about selling the car for too little. Let me guess, no salesman at your dealership would ever do that... (insert fake offense here).

You must be on crack to even have posted this. I'd like to think you were a nice guy but this sounds like such typical dealer whining about how the dealers aren't getting a "fair deal" (despite the fact that they sign the bottom line too). You don't like angry customers? Well I don't like angry, lying, conniving, dissembling, ignorant, etc... salesmen. Don't do business with those people any longer if their anger is more than you can handle. Bottom line is I've heard this whine too many times to be impressed by this print version. People should ignore this dribble.

P.S. - Why don't you call out the liars. If you really have a problem with the lying here and you have the means to correct the record then please do so. Here you state that you know people have lied here and yet it seems your desire for potential future sales (to liars who are doing you some sort of harm) is more important to you than providing honest information for the rest of us. Am I right?
Don't really feel the need to respond to much of this rant, except, there is no reason to call out "the liars" aka my current and hopefully future customers to prove a point to you, sir.

I'm in this business to make a living. I didn't post that to attack you, and I'm actually pretty sure most people did not respond to that post as you did.

Relax, man. I was just trying to set the record straight.

And btw, I would never sell a car for $10k over invoice. If they were determined to pay that much for a car, I'd say, "buddy, let me help you out, how about you pay $3k over invoice (which I get 20% of) write me a little side check for $1k, and you're up 6k!"

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #769
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Tom View Post
No problem man - that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm sure you were almost embarrased to post what you paid among this thread of $300-$500 over invoice winners!

I'm just trying to bring some real world reality back to this thread.

And for the record, I've done 3 deals off of E90 Post this month, and my gross profit for 3 deals is $1,500. That is averaging $500 per copy.

It's what you have to do to earn this customer base though
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:07 AM   #770
HennarotM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 M3, e90 M3

2008 e90 335i

-Alpine White
-Beige Leatherette
-Sport Package
-Steptronic/Paddle Shifters
-Navigation
-Split/Fold Rear Seats
-Park Distance Control
-iPod/USB Adapter

MSRP: $46,075
Purchase Price: $43,295
36 mo., 10k mi./yr lease w/ $5,000 OOP: $508.82 (incl. 10%/mo. DC use tax, $462.56 pre-tax)
Throw-in: $100 Parts/Service Credit

Last edited by HennarotM3; 03-30-2008 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0