E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Screws for LCI Xenon AHL Modules

05-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Augster
Master Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport

Garage List
Question Screws for LCI Xenon AHL Modules

Does anyone happen to know the part numbers of the various Torx screws that secure the ballast, ALC, and LED modules, and the part number for the Phillips screws that secure the DRL bulb access cover?

Practically everyone sells LCI headlights bare and RealOEM doesn't provide any part numbers for the modules' and cover fasteners of any E9x/F3x series models at all. It's maddening why none of the sellers at least include the fasteners with the housings since they don't include them with the modules and covers that I've seen sold separately.
      06-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Augster
Master Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport

Garage List
Since no one seemed to know (or care) what the part numbers are for the screws, nor could I find a similar screw at a local hardware store, I finally brought a sample screw from a complete LCI Xenon headlight assembly to my local BMW parts dealer, and after 30 minutes of waiting while the parts expert researched it, I was given part number 63122754796 (but only after placing a special order for them because they won't give out part numbers unless an order is submitted); sold in packs of four for $5.30.

RealOEM only shows this part on 6-series E63/64 and X3 E83 for securing headlight modules. Upon receipt, I immediately noticed the head was flatter with a washer-like base integrated into the head, and the shank appeared to be just slightly smaller in diameter. It does seem to hold the modules in place okay but I'm hesitant to really tighten down on them fearing it may pull through the plastic threads because of the perceived smaller diameter. I'm probably being paranoid over nothing as it's still a T20 screw.

Hope this helps someone in the future...
Attached Images

10-11-2020, 03:28 AM   #3
Spasta
Rep
Drives: E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augster View Post
Since no one seemed to know (or care) what the part numbers are for the screws, nor could I find a similar screw at a local hardware store, I finally brought a sample screw from a complete LCI Xenon headlight assembly to my local BMW parts dealer, and after 30 minutes of waiting while the parts expert researched it, I was given part number 63122754796 (but only after placing a special order for them because they won't give out part numbers unless an order is submitted); sold in packs of four for $5.30.

RealOEM only shows this part on 6-series E63/64 and X3 E83 for securing headlight modules. Upon receipt, I immediately noticed the head was flatter with a washer-like base integrated into the head, and the shank appeared to be just slightly smaller in diameter. It does seem to hold the modules in place okay but I'm hesitant to really tighten down on them fearing it may pull through the plastic threads because of the perceived smaller diameter. I'm probably being paranoid over nothing as it's still a T20 screw.

Hope this helps someone in the future...
I want to let you know that it helped me and probably other people in the past and future
I found out later that 32306769431 could also be an option

Thanks

Last edited by Spasta; 10-11-2020 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 0