E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]

01-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #1409
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
The overboost option to be honest I didnt pay attention other than I didnt see 14 PSI unless using LC. When the checker flag is up overboost was available. I cannot confirm if overboost is available on regular WOT runs

Since I dont have a M3 DCT to make the comparison, then I would say I dont really know. However I do know the LC on the M3 DCT is more robust but on the 335is it is more flexable to launch the car in the RPM range to a MT

BMW was thorough in revealing how to use LC on the M3 however they did a poor job on the 335is. There is soo many hidden ways to use LC on the 335is its a joke.

Real. Like tempature and when you press dtc and you gotta press sports and than put it in M1, hold brakes and freaking press gas all the way down pass the buttin at the bottom to get into this. on M3 I forgot what you press but you hold the smg lever up and hold brakes and press gas I think. complicated but BuraQ with the mods you have now, is the LC useless for you? I spin all the way to 3rd using LC with my mods now. I havent seen anyone do this with some slicks yet. Won't our axle break from launching at 5k with some sticky tires?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #1410
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
Real. Like tempature and when you press dtc and you gotta press sports and than put it in M1, hold brakes and freaking press gas all the way down pass the buttin at the bottom to get into this. on M3 I forgot what you press but you hold the smg lever up and hold brakes and press gas I think. complicated but BuraQ with the mods you have now, is the LC useless for you? I spin all the way to 3rd using LC with my mods now. I havent seen anyone do this with some slicks yet. Won't our axle break from launching at 5k with some sticky tires?
The reason why you are spinning out is because your launch RPMs are too high. You need to launch at a lower RPMs. Now you probably just gave me a frown like wtf am I talking about

Yes you can launch at lower RPMs. I was goign to make a video on how to do this. Seeing it is easier than typing it. So here is is an example to "start with". Learn this first then I will disclose the other unkown secrets of our cars

The first step LC of course you should know by now. Its technically useless with a tune launching at 5k RPMs primarily due to lack of traction.

To be more succesful with LC you have to lower the RPMS at which you are launching at

A secondary way is to let the car rev to 5k rpm in Launch Control, then let up off the gas and then release the brake peddle, when the rpm needle falls to about 2000-2500 rpms press back down on the gas but DO NOT go down pass the kickdown switch. There might be a slight delay and the car will catch and away you go.

Practice learning how to do this first, and after you you have figured it out then let me know and i will show you the other steps

Please make sure you do this on a closed road or track, away from other cars and people

When the RPMs are falling while the checker flag is displayed the car will not launch. It is only when your foot is on the gas peddle it will launch when in LC mode "at this step". Just dont try to release gas peddle and brake peddle at teh same time. Release gass peddle first till you see the RPM needle falling then release brake, then pressing back down on the peddle(not going pass the kickdown) before the RPM falls below 1500-2k RPMs the car will launch.

If the RPM falls less than 1500 RPMs the flag will disapear and then the car will "SLOWLY" start moving forward, its nothing threatening.

Last edited by BQTuning; 01-12-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #1411
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

When I try to launch it myself it wont go past 1.2k RPM. Only launch control can enable me to go to 5k

AND WOAAA I JUST NOTICE. You did launch control and letted it off till it went down to 2k and then you hit it? How much pedal you add when it drops to 2k? foll trottle or half?

Also My car doesnt have sports traction. I only press DTC and press sports and put it in M1 and do my launch control. that icon you have at the top only pops up when I hold my dtc buttin for awhile. I notice how some 335is are different.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #1412
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I try to launch it myself it wont go past 1.2k RPM. Only launch control can enable me to go to 5k

AND WOAAA I JUST NOTICE. You did launch control and letted it off till it went down to 2k and then you hit it? How much pedal you add when it drops to 2k? foll trottle or half?

Also My car doesnt have sports traction. I only press DTC and press sports and put it in M1 and do my launch control. that icon you have at the top only pops up when I hold my dtc buttin for awhile. I notice how some 335is are different.
I only went down on the peddle half way before the kickdown. Each tune is different on throttle response so you might have to play with it. However DO NOT push down pass the kickdown switch. Atleast not here at this step of learning this.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #1413
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
I only went down on the peddle half way before the kickdown. Each tune is different on throttle response so you might have to play with it. However DO NOT push down pass the kickdown switch. Atleast not here at this step of learning this.
Got cha. Didnt think this is affective rather than just ease off the line and then wot. I was soo used to using LC rather than launch it myself. ima give it a try
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #1414
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

So what is the unknown secrets of our cars? I haven't heard anything of this before.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #1415
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So what is the unknown secrets of our cars? I haven't heard anything of this before.
The various methods of using launch control. This is a big issue as people thaught there was only one method using LC

There are four discovered methods. The first method everybody know. THe second method we just demostrated for you. Technically this method only serves as a preperation for the third method.

The fourth method is to use LC with TC "completely off" . When I break into the 11s is then when I will release how to do this on the 335is DCT

Last edited by BQTuning; 01-12-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #1416
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got cha. Didnt think this is affective rather than just ease off the line and then wot. I was soo used to using LC rather than launch it myself. ima give it a try
That way results in poor 60" time and risk of slippage on the clutches
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #1417
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
The various methods of using launch control. This is a big issue as people thaught there was only one method using LC

There are four discovered methods. The first method everybody know. THe second method we just demostrated for you. Technically this method only serves as a preperation for the third method.

The fourth method it to use LC with TC "completely off" . When I break into the 11s is then when I will release how to do this on the 335is DCT
Having slicks can also get into this. Ima get some hoosiers on and do LC and see what happens. My big bro run 11.5 in his C63amg and I can keep up with him for 3 gears doing a 60 roll till 130.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #1418
SMED
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 M850xi CPE & 23 X3 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
READING ALL THIS STUFF IS KILLING ME!! I can't wait until my break in period is over so I can start trying some of this stuff. I got 700km in week, but there is snow where I live and my winter tires are on order!! You guys that are running different tunes, what type of air intakes are you recomending/using?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #1419
ysh.90
Second Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: MMM

Last Nov, due to HPFP issue I switch my car back to bone stock.

Finally, new performance steering wheel is fully functional and got my mod back on my car.

Procede V5 / DCI / Agency-power DP = pretty much fast as stock c63.
Also I got my MPG improved which is not that I expected
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #1420
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Question for 335is owners about oil.

Hi everyone,

I started a new thread to answer an oil problem:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...0#post11168780

Please help me out!

Thanks

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #1421
330izhp
Rep
Drives: E46 330i ZHP

Here is my new 335is the day I brought it home from the dealership:
Sorry for the bad photo.

Last edited by 330izhp; 01-20-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #1422
TriniJots
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Hey guys, quick question.
In my previous car, 09 335i, when the daytime running lights were activated...my back lamps were also on.
On my new 335is, this isnt the case. Is there a way to have the daytime running lights on as well as the back lamps? (without having to turn the switch into the mode that activates the amber corner lights as well)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #1423
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniJots View Post
Hey guys, quick question.
In my previous car, 09 335i, when the daytime running lights were activated...my back lamps were also on.
On my new 335is, this isnt the case. Is there a way to have the daytime running lights on as well as the back lamps? (without having to turn the switch into the mode that activates the amber corner lights as well)
im pretty sure coding will take care of this
funny enough, i want the complete opposite of u
i want my drl on WITHOUT the rear lights on
      01-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #1424
dstrick
0-60 Quickly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330izhp View Post
Sorry for the bad photo.
Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #1425
protoType_540i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHDEN View Post
Calling all 335iS owners! share your car photos; your love and hates (if any) on the car; mods; and etc...

Received: June 2, 2010
Color Combo: Alpine White w/ Coral Red Interior
Transmission: DCT
Mods: amber light deletes; M3 lip spoiler; tints & a great driver
Current Miles: 7,862 miles
Favorite thing about the car: the exhaust sound; and the how the car feels with the DCT. simply amazing!
Wish List: wish it came w/ nicer brake calipers; smaller mirrors & different seats.

Picture of my car upon delivery:

Pictures after couple mods:

now share yours!...

Bro, I just picked up my Alpine white 335is two days ago. My first bimmer and I love it! Just ordered carbon front splitter and spoiler. Will post pics after I install them. I live in wpb, if you know any meets, please let me know....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #1426
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoType_is View Post
Bro, I just picked up my Alpine white 335is two days ago. My first bimmer and I love it! Just ordered carbon front splitter and spoiler. Will post pics after I install them. I live in wpb, if you know any meets, please let me know....
Splitter? What kind because the LCI, I haven't seen any splitters for it yet lol. Besides the Kerscher style lip and the EXPENSIVE ARKYM LIP!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #1427
quietus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is BSM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330izhp View Post
Sorry for the bad photo.
Nice ride and congrats!
      01-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #1428
quietus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is BSM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
im pretty sure coding will take care of this
funny enough, i want the complete opposite of u
i want my drl on WITHOUT the rear lights on
+1
      01-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1429
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

What SNOW! with a LSD not a problem!

Hi Guys,

Will I just started working nights tonight, so I was sleeping all day and the last thing I remember before sleeping is that the weather was going to be ok all day.

So I woke up at around 5PM to get ready and never bother watching the news like I always do, plus I live in a apartment downtown Toronto, Ont in Canada. so I didn't look out the one window I have.

So I pulled out of the underground garage and seen something that I have not seen for a while, SNOW!!! and lots was still coming down.

Now the last time I drove in snow like this I got stuck on that damn hill on Dufferin and Dupont St, but I didn't have the LSD installed yet.

Now I got Ivo to switch the diff a couple of months ago, and now I conquered both hills, the second one is at Dufferin and Rogers.

The DSC never came on, the car in front of me stopped because it could not make it up (it was front wheel drive), but the 335is just swung her rear a bit to the right and away I went.

It fells so good not to get stuck anymore I just love my WAVETRAC!!!

I think they should have LSD as an option for our cars but that is just my opinion.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #1430
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik355is View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

i don't have a 335is, but i got my first beamer at cap cities lol