Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Custom 19" Teaser

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #67
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

hey im just curious why the change from the original pic you have up. The first pic looked more 3 dimensional, and the rims you have now although concave is a bit 2 dimensional. i personally think what you have looks better than the original design.

again, not knocking your style, i think your rims look great just curious what went on from when you ordered them to when they were delivered, did the shop go freelance and do their own thing?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #68
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep

what happened to the rivets from the original design.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #69
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
hey im just curious why the change from the original pic you have up. The first pic looked more 3 dimensional, and the rims you have now although concave is a bit 2 dimensional. i personally think what you have looks better than the original design.

again, not knocking your style, i think your rims look great just curious what went on from when you ordered them to when they were delivered, did the shop go freelance and do their own thing?
Quote:
Maybe the first picture is showing the backside of the wheel?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 02:44 AM   #70
TheModCity
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 & C6

Quote:
The original wheel is owned and designed by ICONZ. You can see by the rivet pattern, they are the only ones to have this. It is more than likely, they had to alter their design, to avoid any copy writing issues. Posted below are pictures for comparison.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 03:23 AM   #71
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheModCity View Post
The original wheel is owned and designed by ICONZ. You can see by the rivet pattern, they are the only ones to have this. It is more than likely, they had to alter their design, to avoid any copy writing issues. Posted below are pictures for comparison.

not to start a ruckus, but the two pics you posted are obviously different rims too. The spokes on his pic get much closer together as they get to the lip then the wheel you posted. Also, the rivet holes are located much closer to the spokes than the pic you posted.
      05-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #72
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

They look great man, def keep the polished alum finish
      05-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #73
kamek
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Trojan View Post
Definitely OEM specs. If I were gonna pay $4k for custom wheels I'd definitely get them in more aggressive offsets/widths, but that's just my opinion.
+1 on the offsets

Color combo looks great as is. Hope to see you around Queens!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #74
dirtyylicous
Swagger on a trillion
Rep
Drives: IS300

Dude those are sick! That finish is perfect man.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #75
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Sorry i havent responded in a while, theres a lot of questions i need to address, i just been very busy with my personal life/work.

Quote:

Quote:
The first pic of the centers that i posted were unfortunately NOT concave. Those were just regular "mesh style". If you notice, near the rivet holes, the spoke part kinda just melts into the outer portion. That does not apply on the concave style. on the concaves, the spoke actually sits IN FRONT of the outer portion. After they sent me the original pic that i posted for you guys i emailed them back and told them those are NOT CONCAVE and they had to scrap them and build them again. next time around they forgot to add the rivets (a**holes) but it was 9 weeks waiting and i didnt care. They are idiots i must admit, but the final product was to my liking so i kept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheModCity View Post
Wrong. Plenty of other companies have this pattern as well. And the two pics you posted are slightly different so that would void any copy writing issues anyway. but its a good observatioin/guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
leave them dude. im happy to see it was worth the wait. they look good as is. between the drop and wheels, you got yourself a good looking ride. good job.
Thanks a lot bro. Im starting to be glad I didnt actually get them Matte Black, even tho i think they would still look hot, i think the concave would be harder to see if the rim were so dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
They look great man, def keep the polished alum finish
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamek View Post
+1 on the offsets

Color combo looks great as is. Hope to see you around Queens!
I dont personally see what you guys are talking about as far as my offsets and the way they fit. they are aggressive, if i were to drop the car any more im sure they would rub my fenders...

But thanks on the color combo comment. where in Queens are u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyylicous View Post
Dude those are sick! That finish is perfect man.
Appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #76
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep

i think they came out great and the rivets would probably take away from the look anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #77
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

i'll go for the real deal......HRE man.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #78
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
i think they came out great and the rivets would probably take away from the look anyway.
Yea i was thinkin the same thing, rivets may be too much going on with the rim. and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroz View Post
i'll go for the real deal......HRE man.
I dont get the people saying they'd go for the real deal etc. You people realize Forged wheels like BBS and HRE are +$5k right? WITHOUT tires...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #79
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

i know they are great looking wheels and everyone likes them but for some reason im not feeling them. Congrats on the new wheels man its a great feeling.
      05-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #80
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

I dont get the people saying they'd go for the real deal etc. You people realize Forged wheels like BBS and HRE are +$5k right? WITHOUT tires...

That's why I said the REAL DEAL!

But any way, I like your rims, but I would go with a little more aggressive look...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #81
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E90 View Post
i know they are great looking wheels and everyone likes them but for some reason im not feeling them. Congrats on the new wheels man its a great feeling.
its cool. cant please everybody lol but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroz View Post

That's why I said the REAL DEAL!

But any way, I like your rims, but I would go with a little more aggressive look...
I'm still not understanding why you would go with HRE's/REAL DEAL???

my rims = $3900
HRE/BBS = +$5000

???

I'm going to have to make a video or something. these wheels ARE agressive! lol what do you people want them stickin out BEYOND my fender? WTF lol
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #82
MMOTION
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like you'll never drive again

Wow what a difference now they're on the car! I like them as it is, i guess you can change them up and do matte black face and polished lips later on, but they look really clean they way they are right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #83
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMOTION View Post
Wow what a difference now they're on the car! I like them as it is, i guess you can change them up and do matte black face and polished lips later on, but they look really clean they way they are right now.
Thanks bro. Yea I may/may not switch up the finish on them maybe NEXT spring for a new look. For now they actually look REAL nice and it's a shame the pics really don't do them justice.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #84
Iron Rob
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
I'm going to have to make a video or something. these wheels ARE agressive! lol what do you people want them stickin out BEYOND my fender? WTF lol
Your wheels are not aggressive by any standards. Other people have 10.5" et16 and 11" et20.
You're also not even lowered.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #85
zesus-3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Those are the hottest 4k VMR wheels that Ive ever seen! lol....Congrats on showing us how to waste 4k+ on wheels that could have otherwise been spent wisely on other mods....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #86
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesus-3 View Post
Those are the hottest 4k VMR wheels that Ive ever seen! lol....Congrats on showing us how to waste 4k+ on wheels that could have otherwise been spent wisely on other mods....
yeah because you can get 3 piece VMR's FORGED with staggered chrome lips. Got'cha...

Just so you know as well, ANY GREAT QUALITY FORGED WHEEL will EASILY run you over $1200 PER RIM so thanks for the comment but you make no sense. Not to mention these are 3 piece wheels, which also easily run $$$$. Do some research before making dumb comments.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #87
zesus-3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Im sorry, VMR CSL looking wheel....either way waste of money.

Thanks for the attempted lesson on quality wheel pricing son...I am fully aware of prices out there being that I have owned 3-piece work wheels, 2 piece SSR wheels, various Volk wheels including TE-37's and winning sf's....I have also had the pleasure of owning 2 sets of BBS wheels on 2 previous cars I've owned including rs-gt's and real LM's....Now that I live in NJ and have probably spent more on wheel repair than you have spent on your car, and possibly your house....I now choose to roll on reps or heavier quality cast wheels....That is intelligence little guy....dont be mad at me because your wheels arent as aggressive as you claimed, and not everybody was digging them...oh yeah and you spent a rediculous amount on them.......Good luck on those city streets with those pretty wheels my friend.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #88
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Rob View Post
Your wheels are not aggressive by any standards. Other people have 10.5" et16 and 11" et20.
You're also not even lowered.
YOU my friend need glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesus-3 View Post
Im sorry, VMR CSL looking wheel....either way waste of money.

Thanks for the attempted lesson on quality wheel pricing son...I am fully aware of prices out there being that I have owned 3-piece work wheels, 2 piece SSR wheels, various Volk wheels including TE-37's and winning sf's....I have also had the pleasure of owning 2 sets of BBS wheels on 2 previous cars I've owned including rs-gt's and real LM's....Now that I live in NJ and have probably spent more on wheel repair than you have spent on your car, and possibly your house....I now choose to roll on reps or heavier quality cast wheels....That is intelligence little guy....dont be mad at me because your wheels arent as aggressive as you claimed, and not everybody was digging them...oh yeah and you spent a rediculous amount on them.......Good luck on those city streets with those pretty wheels my friend.
Lol u are hilarious...

A) let's not be ridiculous, you've spent nowhere NEAR that much on repairs...

B) if you've spent soooooo much money repairing high quality/forged wheels, then u obviously just drive like a D-Bag or your just an idiot...

C) calling me "son" and "little guy" must make u feel "tuff"...

D) the majority of replies were in FAVOR of my rims...

E) my rims ARE agressive, there's no way u can put 10" rears and have them NOT aggressive.

F) I never "claimed they were gonna be as agressive as" YOU want them to be. I never said they were gonna be SUPER agressive, relax..

G) people here have spent MORE then me on rims that other members ALREADY HAVE...

H) you fail... Take care "little guy"...
Appreciate 0