E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Advantages of taking loans for business vehicles

02-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Advantages of taking loans for business vehicles

There have been discussions of late of whether a loan or cash was the best way to pay. Here's an explanation of where financing through your small business makes sense and how interest on the loan is tax deductible.
http://www.smh.com.au/small-business...207-1aiza.html
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 02-06-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Taking finance always makes sense in certain situations - especially when you can claim deductions on your business.

In before orey introduces muzzas into the conversation

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
orey
Banned
Rep
Drives: the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Taking finance always makes sense in certain situations - especially when you can claim deductions on your business.

In before orey introduces muzzas into the conversation
i agree
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
QUM01Z
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i / 2011 Merc C250

I found it better to go with a personal Loan t his time around and draw a car allowance from the Business to cover the % of Business use.. Much Cleaner this way unless of course the car is 100% for company use!

JB4/ AR DP's/M Sport/ 19" Double Spoke Alloys/ Roof/ Blk Front Grilles/ Comfort Access.
www.uniquemobiles.com.au
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Drew335
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

for some people involved in business (myself included) there are plenty of good reasons for financing a vehicle rather than paying cash for it. the SMH article covers many of these points.

in my case the company owns the car and my name appears nowhere apart from the insurance policy. while our business could have purchased the car from cash, there is no way any of us wanted to tie up (precious) cash in what is essentially a deductible running cost. also if you have to dispose of the car quickly then the accounting treatment on a loss is far more favourable from a company perspective.

only downside is that (in my case) it's preferable to go easy on the mods, ie none mechanical, when the business is carrying the financial risk on the vehicle
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

another one
http://www.smh.com.au/small-business...214-1asrd.html
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0