E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede V2 Installed this weekend!

11-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
razer8724
Private
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C55 AMG

Procede V2 Installed this weekend!

First off, I'd like to thank Alex (HyperM3) for helping, or more accurately, installing the entire PROcede V1 and V2 units at the same time on my car. We started yesterday around 2:30 and he had the entire thing hooked up by 3:15! When it came down to actually connecting the PROcede, we had some trouble as it would not even recognize the unit. After probably about 30 attempts, and freezing our hands off we went inside to troubleshoot using advice from the forum. We come outside once again, this time with Alex's laptop and still nothing. Then strike of luck, the unit connects all of a sudden while he is on the phone! Both of us being puzzled, we decided to go ahead and upload the files to the PROcede and upgrade it to v2.0.1.

To save some time, I dowloaded all the files from Vishnu's site days prior and put it onto a thumb drive. But as usual, my bad luck follows me and we find out the next day the file was corrupt. But back to day 1; we try to start the car and it starts stuttering and my dashboard looks like the christmas tree from Rockafeller, throwing codes such as 4x4 disabled, Service Engine Soon, Half power mode [limp mode], DSC/DTC disabled. We turn it off after a few attempts, scratch our heads, and decide to call it a day for now as it was getting bitterly cold and dark outside. Alex put everything back to stock and my car was completely driveable as I went home. We met up again today to try troubleshooting it even more, and on our first attempt of reinstalling the serial to usb driver, connecting the procede, and running the program we were successful! The car started up like stock and remained so even after we went for a couple test drives.

Coming from driving a 2005 C55 AMG, i was missing the torque of the V8 and realized that the V2 was a necessity if i was going to continue to enjoy this car. The power delivery of the PROcede V2 was amazingly like stock and pulled in every gear, at any RPM. The only thing i miss now about the V8 was its initial "grab" when you down shift manually and smash the throttle. I feel as if the turbos still need a couple of milliseconds of time to spool up and they don't deliver the same neck-snapping feel as the AMG used to. I don't know if this is the actual reason, but just an educated shot in the dark made by a naive idiot. After we finished the install and made a few test runs with the laptop connected and showing boosts between 13-14 psi, we hooked everything back up and the car looks as stock as always. Alex quickly took me for a test drive in his Helix-tuned car and it seemed plenty powerful even compared to the recently installed V2. Afterwards, he quickly installed the golf-tee mod and the car sounds even meaner than ever!

For those curious, I just bought my 2008 E92 Alpine White 335xi about 3 weeks ago, so i've been hit by the mod bug pretty badly already. I'm one of those people concerned dearly with the factory warranty, and after having Alex install the entire PROcede i feel very comfortable knowing I was in good hands. He is an amazing installer and I would recommend ANYONE in the nj/pa/ny area if they need help with something or need something installed. I'm currently at school working on a paper right now, but I'm sure i'll be driving the car all night just to feel the power of the V2. Just felt like taking a break and expressing my excitement after installing the PROcede! as Alex would say, "rock on".

P.S. - Look for me tonight on channel 2 news, I'll be the 08 AW 335xi from NJ in the high speed chase with all the cops after me...hahah just kidding.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer8724 View Post
P.S. - Look for me tonight on channel 2 news, I'll be the 08 AW 335xi from NJ in the high speed chase with all the cops after me...hahah just kidding.
, Congrats on it bro...be safe out there and keep us updated....
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

Nice writeup, just not exact.
"The power delivery of the PROcede V2 was amazingly like stock and pulled in every gear, at any RPM."
U mean the power curve's shape is like stock, just offset a few horses and lbfts higher on the graph, right?

Congrats to your new mod, enjoy and drive safely

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by judec View Post
Nice writeup, just not exact.
"The power delivery of the PROcede V2 was amazingly like stock and pulled in every gear, at any RPM."
U mean the power curve's shape is like stock, just offset a few horses and lbfts higher on the graph, right?

Congrats to your new mod, enjoy and drive safely
Isn't that what it would mean when he said power delivery? It is delivered in the same way as stock (shape on dyno), just much more power. Splitting hairs, but regardless, nice write up....
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
De90man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sedan

yes nice write up...

...and one thing about V8s,..intial "grab" is mighty. Over this holiday, I was driving a family members 07 Mustang Shelby GT (not the GT500), and damn it felt strong. And loud, and it chirpped the tires all day long. 'Barrel chested' experience to say the least.

But, what I did notice is how slow it revved, how reluctant that heavy front end turned, and how soft the accelaration got after that intial push.

Then we got into my car (e90+JB2). I let him drive. This is the first time someone has really nailed it with me in the passenger seat. And man, it was sensational watching that rev needle zip around (I-6 has low inertia) and the vivid acceleration that followed...and it never let up. Electric!!

He was shocked too. Grinning like a child (and driving like a maniac)...and then it hit me...BMWs N54 engine is on another level. Full stop.

This engine and the power BMW left on the table is absolutely sublime. And then the kicker, I looked up his car's performance figures. Not even close. Actually the 335s numbers are more comparable with the Shelby GT500 (with one simple mod).

So, welcome!! Enjoy your car, and V2...because you're driving one of the greats
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

i still think that more than half of the forum do not know what ignition on means. If u guys knew what it was, you guys would get online with the procede almost instantly. No pun intended but it appears the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Thanks for the props Vatsal!

The install definitely gave me a run for my money(the programming part that is) but I was determined to make it work. Your car felt really great and should feel even better over the next few days as it adapts to it. Dont forget that you have an XI and an auto. Unfortunately both sap a little bit of power, but it felt really strong and smooth.

Anyone else out there with an auto and xi should feel comfortable knowing this will make their car twice what it feels like right now.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Did you buy the v1 and v2 PROcede from HyperM3?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Did you buy the v1 and v2 PROcede from HyperM3?
Yes he did.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0