E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone had to give up a BMW for a lesser car because of budget issues?

Closed Thread

07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #89
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
for your information they gave me that car before i went off the wall so the point u made is irrelevant
Your state of mind however, is completely evident...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #90
supLOL
Banned
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" E89 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69
just had to let go of my car to down grade to my dd 06 honda accord and 02 chevy tahoe for a while till i can upgrade and get another car. most likely wont be another BMW. i got my eye on some american muscle :cough:new GT500:cough:new C7:cough:cough:
C7 please <3
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #91
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
just had to let go of my car to down grade to my dd 06 honda accord and 02 chevy tahoe for a while till i can upgrade and get another car. most likely wont be another BMW. i got my eye on some american muscle :cough:new GT500:cough:new C7:cough:cough:
You should go see an indy doc about that cough, it sounds bad and may get u killed at least with the german ride u would feel safe knowing the cars are built like a tank
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #92
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep

I feel pretty sorry for the OP, as this thread now has absolutely nothing to do with his original intent. Maybe time to start a new one.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #93
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by supLOL View Post
C7 please <3
but u know what thow i dnt mind that it is a "downgrade" with a purpose.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #94
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendeltouring View Post
Your state of mind however, is completely evident...
call it what you want but u are obviously judgemental its about service if they bave my car sitting there until tuesday and it wont even be worked on until then thats unaccceptable i would understand if they were working on it i wouldnt care what car they gave me but its not the case. when i had a loaner from infini it was an actual infiniti not a camary
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #95
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
well i live in miami not germany. get over urself. tf this is a free forum not a moral exercise. im not here to please u. just say howimfeel and keep it moving. u should do the same gtfoh
A bit tense aren't we?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #96
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep

Quote:
call it what you want but u are obviously judgemental its about service if they bave my car sitting there until tuesday and it wont even be worked on until then thats unaccceptable i would understand if they were working on it i wouldnt care what car they gave me but its not the case. when i had a loaner from infini it was an actual infiniti not a camary
You're engaging in more than a fair bit of interpolation. It's also evident that you feel entitled to a new BMW as a "loner" (it's "loaner" by the way) having brought in a nearly 5-year-old 3 series, not even sure if this is where you bought the car. In just about every post which have been absolutely riddled with spelling errors, you attempt to make your case, though only succeeding in revealing your default and rather angry state of mind.

I think people should be grateful for any service loaner as dealers aren't obligated to give you one, even less so if you didn't purchase that car there.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #97
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
A bit tense aren't we?
a little
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #98
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're engaging in more than a fair bit of interpolation. It's also evident that you feel entitled to a new BMW as a "loner" (it's "loaner" by the way) having brought in a nearly 5-year-old 3 series, not even sure if this is where you bought the car. In just about every post which have been absolutely riddled with spelling errors, you attempt to make your case, though only succeeding in revealing your default and rather angry state of mind.

I think people should be grateful for any service loaner as dealers aren't obligated to give you one, even less so if you didn't purchase that car there.
common debating tactic. you attack the person and not the argument. if u want to b picky the look back in my previous posts i have spelled "loaner" both way. its a typo. that neither here nor there. even if i was illiterate that is not what is being discussed here. and no matter what year i buy i do feel entitled to a certain standard of service. i am 22 i cannont afford a brand new bimmer nor a more expensive model. the same reason someone would purchase a 328 and not a 335. and i did purchase the car from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #99
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
You should go see an indy doc about that cough, it sounds bad and may get u killed
i might kill me cause that doc i was recommended to practices out of a ford and chevy dealer and i cant make it to either for a few months ::::cough:::::

Quote:
but u know what thow i dnt mind that it is a "downgrade" with a purpose.
not really, i downgraded because like the op asked i have some budget issues right now which didn't allow me to keep the BMW for the time being therefore it had to go. its just a car to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #100
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep

Quote:
common debating tactic. you attack the person and not the argument. if u want to b picky the look back in my previous posts i have spelled "loaner" both way. its a typo. that neither here nor there. even if i was illiterate that is not what is being discussed here. and no matter what year i buy i do feel entitled to a certain standard of service. i am 22 i cannont afford a brand new bimmer nor a more expensive model. the same reason someone would purchase a 328 and not a 335. and i did purchase the car from the dealer.
I actually purchased a 328 because I prefer it to a 335, money wasn't a factor.

It seems more than a bit of a first-world problem to complain about being given a car to use, that if new was probably worth more than your 335.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #101
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
i might kill me cause that doc i was recommended to practices out of a ford and chevy dealer and i cant make it to either for a few months ::::cough:::::

not really, i downgraded because like the op asked i have some budget issues right now which didn't allow me to keep the BMW for the time being therefore it had to go. its just a car to me.
and u know what thats ok because its not all the time that u would b able to after something and thats fine. ive been in that situation after totaling a car and it bothered me but i was ok with it in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #102
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually purchased a 328 because I prefer it to a 335, money wasn't a factor.

It seems more than a bit of a first-world problem to complain about being given a car to use, that if new was probably worth more than your 335.
thats preferance. i personally dnt like them. but yeh i agree with u it is a first eorld problem. especially coming from a third world country like jamaica i know but like someone has told me "if a car is your only problem the u dnt have any problems at all."
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #103
E902009
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
i pray to to god that i never fall on hard times either. i have always upgraded in cars as well. from 2 hondas to an infiniti now to my bimmer and this is bull shit that they would give me that shit as a loaner i am disgusted with that dealership just called bmw america and filed a complaint.
Dude, has anyone ever taught you to be humble and count your blessings? Or is your head so big that you can't smell your own shit, so you assume that it doesn't stink? Remember, the higher you are, the harder you can potentially fall.

Chevy Malibu is a fine car, and most people drive that because it's what they can afford. I'm not a fan of American cars, but I'm not going to knock it. Have you ever driven a Lada, Ssanyang, or a 1990 Fiat Panda? I have. Trust me, the Malibu is far from being a piece of shit.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #104
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin
Not to gang up here, but I do want to make a few points.

First, while you may not consider your grammar and spelling important, people on this forum have to read what you're writing to understand what you're saying. Even if you didn't major in English, have some common courtesy and capitalize the first word of a sentence. Perhaps spell out the word instead of using the same abbreviations you would use in a text message.

Second, I think that you've made many assumptions in your numerous posts. You aren't "entitled" to anything because you bought a BMW. If you don't like the service you're getting, try working through it like a rational adult. Were you promised a BMW by the dealer when you bought the car? Have you tried other dealerships?

Third, people who buy 328's vs 335's (or any base engine vs upgrade) are not necessarily doing so for economic or budgetary reasons. Not everywhere is like Miami where you try to obtain status symbols while living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not saying you do this, but from what you're writing it seems like this could be your mentality.

My suggestion would be to take a step back and think about how you are coming off before you say something stupid.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #105
E902009
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingxshot View Post
How did you handle that? Was it difficult?
I'm not gonna lie. It would suck, but depending on for what reason. If I lost my job and I can't afford to make the payments, it would suck badly, and it would crush my ego. Just being honest.

On the other hand, if my family or close friends need urgent help, and I can sell the car, pay off the loan, and take the difference to help them out (and I can, currently I owe half of what the car is worth), I would, without even thinking about it. It's a car, it doesn't define who I am or how much I'm worth. I can always save up and get another one. May family and friends are irreplaceable.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #106
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
I'm not gonna lie. It would suck, but depending on for what reason. If I lost my job and I can't afford to make the payments, it would suck badly, and it would crush my ego. Just being honest.

On the other hand, if my family or close friends need urgent help, and I can sell the car, pay off the loan, and take the difference to help them out (and I can, currently I owe half of what the car is worth), I would, without even thinking about it. It's a car, it doesn't define who I am or how much I'm worth. I can always save up and get another one. May family and friends are irreplaceable.
totally agree
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #107
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvacc View Post
Not to gang up here, but I do want to make a few points.

First, while you may not consider your grammar and spelling important, people on this forum have to read what you're writing to understand what you're saying. Even if you didn't major in English, have some common courtesy and capitalize the first word of a sentence. Perhaps spell out the word instead of using the same abbreviations you would use in a text message.

Second, I think that you've made many assumptions in your numerous posts. You aren't "entitled" to anything because you bought a BMW. If you don't like the service you're getting, try working through it like a rationale adult. Were you promised a BMW by the dealer when you bought the car? Have you tried other dealerships?

Third, people who buy 328's vs 335's (or any base engine vs upgrade) are not necessarily doing so for economic or budgetary reasons. Not everywhere is like Miami where you try to obtain status symbols while living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not saying you do this, but from what you're writing it seems like this could be your mentality.

My suggestion would be to take a step back and think about how you are coming off before you say something stupid.
because i choose abbreviate shouldnt be an issue and point out the fact that i did not capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence is nit pickicking. even "rational adults" express their displeaure with a situation. this is the last time i deal with ft lauderdale bmw. and not that i need to tell u how my life is set up but i do not live pay check to pay check.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #108
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
Dude, has anyone ever taught you to be humble and count your blessings? Or is your head so big that you can't smell your own shit, so you assume that it doesn't stink? Remember, the higher you are, the harder you can potentially fall.

Chevy Malibu is a fine car, and most people drive that because it's what they can afford. I'm not a fan of American cars, but I'm not going to knock it. Have you ever driven a Lada, Ssanyang, or a 1990 Fiat Panda? I have. Trust me, the Malibu is far from being a piece of shit.
yes i have driven lower end cars namely a 96 kia sophia. so if i choose to call a malibu a piece of shit then thats what i CHOOSE to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #109
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
yes i have driven lower end cars namely a 96 kia sophia. so if i choose to call a malibu a piece of shit then thats what i CHOOSE to do.
dude calm your tits
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #110
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin
because i choose abbreviate shouldnt be an issue and point out the fact that i did not capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence is nit pickicking. even "rational adults" express their displeaure with a situation. this is the last time i deal with ft lauderdale bmw. and not that i need to tell u how my life is set up but i do not live pay check to pay check.
As I said, I didn't assume you are doing so, I was merely illustrating a point based on the way you are writing. Your financial situation is none of my business. The blanket assumptions you make about 328 owners are my business.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread