E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aussie 335 owners who want to ProCEDE

03-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Doesn't worry me mate, I'm in the same boat. If I'd have wanted a Porka I'd have one. They have no rear seat, you can't classify it that as a rear seat

I'm not knocking on the ProCEDE. I know exactly how it works, and what it does. It runs on conjunction with the BMW DME. People have being doing the same thing locally with highly modified BMW's for over half a decade. It's just that I don't want to void my warranty. If someone like yourself is happy to remove it before servicing and reinstall it, provided it requires no wiring into the loom then go for it! It sounds like an awesome bit of kit and FI cars are easy to get hp out of.

As I mentioned before though regarding aftersales service and warranty on the unit. You can get the same result here locally without having to deal with an overseas vendor. And I'd like to have it tuned locally for local fuel and conditions, but thats just me.

Good discussion.

EDIT: Just noticed you comment on US rated fuel. There 93 Octane is the same as our 98 RON from memory. Might even be 100. It's without doubt 98 equlivant.
No changes to the loom required- BMW provided an empty "slot" into the DME so it's literally "plug and play"

As for the octane ratings- how do you know this? Do you have any source material regarding this? I'm asking because I've never heard this before and you're the first person to mention this.

BTW the PROcede has capability to change between 2 engine maps (does not have dynamic mapping like the native bmw DME) on the fly
      03-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #24
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
The origional "Excede" is designed and manufactured by Chiptorque on the Gold Coast. This is what the US guys were origionaly using before. A lot of Scobies owners swear by them. Worth a call to the guys. I deal with the engineers and they are great people who know their stuff.

I personally don't like playing with my ECU but if what you are after is beter drivability, performance and local support..... Chiptorque deserve some consideration.

Thanks, I might give them a try if they have a similar easy set up to the PROcede unit as well as easy removal. Do you have anymore info?
      03-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Hi guys,
Sorry to be such a stranger but we are currently testing the PROcede in Australia through an Australian distributor in Sydney. So far so good. But I suspect it will still be a month or so before the calibration is finalized.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #26
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Hi guys,
Sorry to be such a stranger but we are currently testing the PROcede in Australia through an Australian distributor in Sydney. So far so good. But I suspect it will still be a month or so before the calibration is finalized.
Ah, finally. Thanks for the heads up. An aussie distributor is good. What sort of pricing are we looking at here?
      03-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #27
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
Ah, finally. Thanks for the heads up. An aussie distributor is good. What sort of pricing are we looking at here?
Howdy,
Pricing is yet to be determined. I'm guessing price will be around 1300 AUD. Not sure yet... first things first
-shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #28
NickG
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT M/Blue, Jade Grey

Well done Shiv for being responsive to the needs of our little market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Howdy,
Pricing is yet to be determined. I'm guessing price will be around 1300 AUD. Not sure yet... first things first
-shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 06:34 AM   #29
CHill335
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe on order

Aussie 335 owners who want to ProCEDE

Yes, I've just emailed and got a response from Shiv today.

Hi,
We are quite certain that it would. But to be 100%, we'd need to look
at the part number on the factory ECU. Or better yet, could you send
us a picture of the ECU's label? To access the ECU, you can look at
the PROcede installation video that is on our website. It should only
take 5-10 minutes to do

Cheers,
shiv

> Hi Vishnu,
>
> Will PROcede work on Australian spec'd 335i?
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
>
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 07:32 AM   #30
LOK11atXEDE
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Many -Daily- 600hp Ford6cyl T

Quote:
Thanks, I might give them a try if they have a similar easy set up to the PROcede unit as well as easy removal. Do you have anymore info?
Hello guys,

Sorry I missed your post (been away in Adelaide at the Clipsal). I should say, we won't install a PROcede for you but an XEDE. At the moment, we are only doing the XEDE install at our Gold Coast R&D facilty. Feel free to give us a call and we can deliver the right results for you on Australian fuel for RHD Aussie vehicles.

Cheers
Lachlan Riddel
Techncial Director
www.chiptorque.com
www.xede.com.au
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #31
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Ok, so shiv contacts us (finally) about the procede coming soon via a sydney distributor and now the chiptorque boys have come on board with their product- the xede. Let the marketing begin!!!

Personally, from what I've read so far, I like the procede because of its simplicity, ease of installation and removal and "invisibility". Can someone explain the differences with the xede (I'm feeling lazy to look it up)?

I do realize that xede for 335 is likely to be at r&d stage only, so for those who are developing the xede here (I'm posting here so everyone can read the reply) can you tell us about how long the finished product will take to get on the market, the cost , the time to ship and if you need any beta testers in other states?
      03-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #32
LOK11atXEDE
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Many -Daily- 600hp Ford6cyl T

Quote:
Ok, so shiv contacts us (finally) about the procede coming soon via a sydney distributor and now the chiptorque boys have come on board with their product- the xede. Let the marketing begin!!!

Personally, from what I've read so far, I like the procede because of its simplicity, ease of installation and removal and "invisibility". Can someone explain the differences with the xede (I'm feeling lazy to look it up)?

I do realize that xede for 335 is likely to be at r&d stage only, so for those who are developing the xede here (I'm posting here so everyone can read the reply) can you tell us about how long the finished product will take to get on the market, the cost , the time to ship and if you need any beta testers in other states?
Hey, happy to post here.

Differences - Brand, Supplier and in Australia anyway, support from a local Manufacturer/Tuner of 14years standing. (Politics aside )

R&D at present, very true. That's why its Gold Coast fitment only for now. I'd say probably 4-8 weeks before I would send one out for customer/workshop fitment, but if you seriously would like to be an interstate Beta tester during that time, that may be possible.
Expected price AU$1700 - $2000 installed and dyno'd (dyno time and state dependant). Estimated price to just send out programmed for customer install AU$1440

Cheers
Lachlan Riddel
Technical Director
www.chiptorque.com
www.xede.com.au
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #33
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOK11atXEDE View Post
Differences - Brand, Supplier and in Australia anyway, support from a local Manufacturer/Tuner of 14years standing. (Politics aside )
There's a lot more differences than that. And out of politeness I'm not going to go into it here. But I would encourage you to become a site sponsor before promoting product.

shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 03-12-2007 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 0