E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Q's about CCC to CIC Retrofit

02-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
mrgarysteel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530D M Sport 02/2016

Q's about CCC to CIC Retrofit

Hi,

I've recently bought a (May) 2008 E90 Saloon 320D Edition M Sport which has CCC Nav Pro. Having moved from tomtom in my car to now having this is quite a change and I find the routing provided by the CCC not so intelligent.

While considering a should or shouldn't I upgrade from CCC to CIC I've (so far) not found an answer to these specific questions in the forum.

1. Will the CIC retrofit affect the current BMW Services Assist that I already received?

2. Will it allow me to unlock the car remotely (which I can't do) using the app as well as send from google (Which I can already do)?

3. Will the routing become more intelligent like tomtom or will it be no better than the CCC albeit faster in calculating the route.

4. Will I receive the Real Time Traffic info (RTTI), and if so, wehere does it get this info from? does it use the BMW Assist service?

I'm Located in SW London, UK and recommendations for who could do the retrofit?

Thanks in advance
Gary
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
koni_E90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysteel View Post
1. Will the CIC retrofit affect the current BMW Services Assist that I already received?
your TCU unit is responsible for BMW Assist. As long as you will not install Combox you are fine. Of course you can install Combox Telematik and transfer your account but you need to ask your dealer if he will be willing to do that

Quote:
2. Will it allow me to unlock the car remotely (which I can't do) using the app as well as send from google (Which I can already do)?
again - BMW Assist is responsible for this

Quote:
3. Will the routing become more intelligent like tomtom or will it be no better than the CCC albeit faster in calculating the route.
Never had CCC unit in my car, but I guess tomtom is better

Quote:
I'm Located in SW London, UK and recommendations for who could do the retrofit?
I have a friend in London who might do it for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
mrgarysteel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530D M Sport 02/2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by koni_E90 View Post
your TCU unit is responsible for BMW Assist. As long as you will not install Combox you are fine. Of course you can install Combox Telematik and transfer your account but you need to ask your dealer if he will be willing to do that

again - BMW Assist is responsible for this

Never had CCC unit in my car, but I guess tomtom is better

I have a friend in London who might do it for you.
Thanks very much for getting back, be interested to hear how much your friend would charge, also do you know if the upgrade will allow Real Time Traffic info?

Regards
Gary
Appreciate 0