Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel & Tire Protection - Coverage

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
rubes22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325 xi

Wheel & Tire Protection - Coverage

Hello all,
I need to replace all 4 of my Continental RFT's according to the dealership. I asked if I bought the same tires from somewhere else would I lose my wheel and tire protection and they kind of hinted that I would. Anyone know if I purchase the same model Continental RFT's will I lose my protection? I ask because the dealership will cost me almost $500 more to do it there.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubes22 View Post
Hello all,
I need to replace all 4 of my Continental RFT's according to the dealership. I asked if I bought the same tires from somewhere else would I lose my wheel and tire protection and they kind of hinted that I would. Anyone know if I purchase the same model Continental RFT's will I lose my protection? I ask because the dealership will cost me almost $500 more to do it there.

Thanks!
Get a copy of the Wheel & Tire warranty and read the disclosure. In most cases it is covered if is the same wheel/tire regardless of where is purchased but please make sure before you do so.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I would expect that any tire coverage you purchased is specific to the tires you bought. Your car may have come equipped with Continentals at the start; mine did not. For myself, therefore, I'd not expect BMW's tire protection to cover the Continentals.

Just my reasoning...I guess the best thing to do is to read the policy you purchased.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

It has to be an approved rft which is listed in your original tire warranty and I don't believe it has to be purchased from BMW. Read what you signed it'll give you all the answers.

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0