E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 2RAD module WINKFP update?

12-22-2015, 06:13 AM   #1
Jozy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Singapore
Rep
Drives: R32 GTR

2RAD module WINKFP update?

Hi, I can't seem to find the right name of the module to update 2RAD/RAD2

Is it in the daten files?

Would someone happen to know the name?

Thanks
      12-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozy View Post
Hi, I can't seem to find the right name of the module to update 2RAD/RAD2

Is it in the daten files?

Would someone happen to know the name?

Thanks
RAD2 is RA2CL2. Verify your HW-NR (Part No. displayed in INPA) in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\RA2CL2\RA2CL2.DAT.

Last edited by 808AWD325xi; 12-22-2015 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: added pic
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Jozy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Singapore
Rep

Will do. Thanks very much for your help.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

How do you get this printout in INPA

And can you use it to verify you are coding
with the right level of datens?
So its in the file indicated but how do you get
the file read into that location via Inpa from
your car.?

Last edited by ctuna; 01-01-2016 at 11:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
And can you use it to verify you are coding
with the right level of datens?
So its in the file indicated but how do you get
the file read into that location via Inpa from
your car.?

The screenshot above is from the INPA functional jobs identification screen. You can access it from E90 -> Select E90 -> Functional Jobs -> <F2> Identification. INPA will identify all installed control modules.

In the case of the OP, it is useful to determine the hardware number (HW-NR) or Part No. (as displayed in INPA) of the control module. In this example, we see that RAD2's hardware number is 9205946.

The hardware number can be used to determine the correct ECU family to be chosen in WinKFP comfort mode (the OP's original request) and any applicable assembly identification number(s) (a.k.a ZB number, ZUSB, ZB-NR, et. al.) The ZB number defines the program and data set to be programmed for a control module in WinKFP.

The programming data for an ECU family is stored in the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\<EcuFam> folder. A search of the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\ folder in Windows Explorer for the hardware number (9205946) reveals that the ECU family is RA2CL2:

The ECU logistics files are also stored in the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\<EcuFam> folder. In this example, I used Windows Notepad to open the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\RA2CL2.DAT file. That file is not used by INPA, but rather by WinKFP. For further details, please refer to the WinKFPT 5.1 User's Guide (located in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DOKU):

You can display your plant, dealer, and backup integration levels with INPA. (E90 -> Select E90 -> Functional Jobs -> <Shift> + <F2> Vehicle data):

Integration levels map to ISTA/P versions, which then tells you the minimum SP Daten needed to code your car.

Google bmw group ista/p version and i-level overview and examine a chart. Here is a recent example for SP Daten 57.0:
ISTA/P Version and I-Level Overview

For example, if your dealer integration level is E89X-13-07-505, you would need SP Daten 51.0 at a minimum which maps to ISTA/P version 2.51.0.
      02-17-2016, 11:08 PM   #6
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post

The screenshot above is from the INPA functional jobs identification screen. You can access it from E90 -> Select E90 -> Functional Jobs -> <F2> Identification. INPA will identify all installed control modules.

In the case of the OP, it is useful to determine the hardware number (HW-NR) or Part No. (as displayed in INPA) of the control module. In this example, we see that RAD2's hardware number is 9205946.

The hardware number can be used to determine the correct ECU family to be chosen in WinKFP comfort mode (the OP's original request) and any applicable assembly identification number(s) (a.k.a ZB number, ZUSB, ZB-NR, et. al.) The ZB number defines the program and data set to be programmed for a control module in WinKFP.

The programming data for an ECU family is stored in the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\<EcuFam> folder. A search of the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\ folder in Windows Explorer for the hardware number (9205946) reveals that the ECU family is RA2CL2:

The ECU logistics files are also stored in the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\<EcuFam> folder. In this example, I used Windows Notepad to open the C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\RA2CL2.DAT file. That file is not used by INPA, but rather by WinKFP. For further details, please refer to the WinKFPT 5.1 User's Guide (located in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DOKU):

You can display your plant, dealer, and backup integration levels with INPA. (E90 -> Select E90 -> Functional Jobs -> <Shift> + <F2> Vehicle data):

Integration levels map to ISTA/P versions, which then tells you the minimum SP Daten needed to code your car.

Google bmw group ista/p version and i-level overview and examine a chart. Here is a recent example for SP Daten 57.0:

For example, if your dealer integration level is E89X-13-07-505, you would need SP Daten 51.0 at a minimum which maps to ISTA/P version 2.51.0.
Jesus Christ you're good at this.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 11:39 PM   #7
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post

Jesus Christ you're good at this.
Thank you, J. Dub!
      02-18-2016, 12:35 AM   #8
Jozy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Singapore
Rep

Yeah I'm still grateful to you for showing me the light.

Had to update 2RAD to play well with my MULF2-HI for USB.
      02-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #9
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozy View Post
Yeah I'm still grateful to you for showing me the light.

Had to update 2RAD to play well with my MULF2-HI for USB.
You're welcome Jozy! Thank you for reporting back, glad to hear you got it resolved.