E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "OEM" Navigation

12-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #111
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjeff86 View Post
i think so, that technic guy is a douche and just keeps saying the same crap, i tried looking up just how hard it is to do a removal and just put my own amp in and i still cant figure it out.
How does this exactly make him a 'douche' ? It seems, to me at least, that he answered all the questions pretty accurately already. Now because you cannot figure something out that you did not ask him direct6ly he becomes a douche ?

Perhaps I missed something, but so far your logic appears a bit flawed here.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #112
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
i think so, that technic guy is a douche and just keeps saying the same crap, i tried looking up just how hard it is to do a removal and just put my own amp in and i still cant figure it out.
Think about for a second what you just stated above... and still you keep asking the same crap.

I rather be a douche that a dumbass, it is much easier to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #113
script
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
How does this exactly make him a 'douche' ? It seems, to me at least, that he answered all the questions pretty accurately already. Now because you cannot figure something out that you did not ask him direct6ly he becomes a douche ?

Perhaps I missed something, but so far your logic appears a bit flawed here.
Logic 7 no less!

Easy fellas................
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #114
djlorenz
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

hi guys,
i'm new here... really interested @ this navi!

subscribed
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #115
djlorenz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328i View Post
I will get some teaser shots up tonight but probably wont have a full review or DIY until after this week as i have some finals i should probably be studying for. Here are two shots to hold you over until then:
They are blurry, like i said it was dark out so i used no flash and didnt have a tripod:

Sergio, i have pictures of the WHOLE installation process that i will share with you if you need some assistance before i get the DIY written up. PM me and i can shoot you my email address.
very nice!

coul you post the pictures? i'm very interested and i wanna see if it's too difficult for me...

anyone knows if the installation of the navi will break the bmw warranty?
there are some errors on start?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #116
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Been following this tread for quite sometime in anticipation of this unit being available...

The errors on start up and losing the Assist might be a deal breaker?

If the errors can be addressed I can always add Loc Jack to the car to supplement the loss of the BMW Assist.

As I mentioned in a prior posting, my car was stolen (they got the keys), and BMW assist was able to head them off and I recovered the car.

WORTH EVERY dollar for the program...

Have any of the 46 folks had an issues with BMW warranty coverage?

I could live with losing the Logic 7...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #117
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Okay guys,
I am still working on compiling the install guide, hopefully i will have it done by this weekend so i can share it with you all.

As for the assist, it is a yellow "error" so it just shows up when you start the car and goes away. My vehicle is actually at the dealership right now getting some warranty work done, so i will report if my SA says anything about it or not.

Other than that its been working like a charm and i am loving it!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #118
jeffb325
Rep
Drives: BMW

There are no warranty issues with having an aftermarket stereo....the way the law works the dealer would have to show how the stereo somehow caused a fault in your car.....its the same as with any aftermarket parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #119
djlorenz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Okay guys,
I am still working on compiling the install guide, hopefully i will have it done by this weekend so i can share it with you all.

As for the assist, it is a yellow "error" so it just shows up when you start the car and goes away. My vehicle is actually at the dealership right now getting some warranty work done, so i will report if my SA says anything about it or not.

maybe your car needs only the error reset from your dealer... ask him
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #120
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Okay guys,

Huge thanks for the feedback and DYI...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #121
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Just got off the phone with my SA, not a single peep about it or anything in the reports he sent me so i would have to agree with Jeff.

Will post some more pictures this weekend when i get my car back!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #122
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my SA, not a single peep about it or anything in the reports he sent me so i would have to agree with Jeff.

Will post some more pictures this weekend when i get my car back!

Thanks.... The more pictures and comments you post would be very much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #123
Tredvesone
Private
Rep
Drives: E82

Awesome Looking forward to the DIY!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #124
millerjeff86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i silver

douche

im just saying the whole point of these fourms is to help each other and not just be a dick as soon as someone that is new to this whole idea and shut them off like youre some kind of know it all. just try to be a helpful member and not just be a dick, not every one understands the lingo or terms you use. we all havent made 6000+ post on this fourm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Think about for a second what you just stated above... and still you keep asking the same crap.

I rather be a douche that a dumbass, it is much easier to me.
      12-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #125
millerjeff86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i silver

and looking at this thread makes me want one every day, cant wait for tax refund
      12-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #126
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
There are no warranty issues with having an aftermarket stereo....the way the law works the dealer would have to show how the stereo somehow caused a fault in your car.....its the same as with any aftermarket parts.
You are, of course, wrong. The radio affects the electronics and is part of the diagnostics. It would take a stupid dealer two seconds to tie an electrical issue to an aftermarket radio install. A smart dealer could make the connection in a second.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #127
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
im just saying the whole point of these fourms is to help each other and not just be a dick as soon as someone that is new to this whole idea and shut them off like youre some kind of know it all. just try to be a helpful member and not just be a dick, not every one understands the lingo or terms you use. we all havent made 6000+ post on this fourm sorry.
Dude, if your idea of a forum is to help each other then why you keep writing like this is some street brawl?

Yes, the forum is to help each other and there are plenty of posts here with such a help and plenty. In fact, if you haven't noticed already the OP -that is, Original Poster for you- is helping the forum greatly in posting his install here, while you are ruining it by your attitude.

So if you do not understand the "lingo" then search and learn, this is after all you car, your install, and your money. Nobody owes you any help.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #128
jeffb325
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
You are, of course, wrong. The radio affects the electronics and is part of the diagnostics. It would take a stupid dealer two seconds to tie an electrical issue to an aftermarket radio install. A smart dealer could make the connection in a second.
Uh.....as I said the dealer would have to SHOW HOW the aftermarket part caused the fault....

Ive been in aftermarket electronics and parts for 15 years and sold tens of thousands of parts (and thousands of stereos, and hundreds of dynavins) and have seen exactly 0.0 dealer warranty related issues with customers cars.

READ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

If the aftermarket part actually caused an issue you would be right, if it didnt you would be wrong, as I said...0.0 times in 15 years of my business the aftermarket part has caused a warranty issue.

it is a scare tactic that dealers use to boost their sales of their accessories and service.

Last edited by jeffb325; 12-16-2010 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #129
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Uh.....as I said the dealer would have to SHOW HOW the aftermarket part caused the fault....

Ive been in aftermarket electronics and parts for 15 years and sold tens of thousands of parts (and thousands of stereos, and hundreds of dynavins) and have seen exactly 0.0 dealer warranty related issues with customers cars.

READ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

If the aftermarket part actually caused an issue you would be right, if it didnt you would be wrong, as I said...0.0 times in 15 years of my business the aftermarket part has caused a warranty issue.

it is a scare tactic that dealers use to boost their sales of their accessories and service.
You are being very simplistic.

Since the radio on a BMW (and Audi/VW etc) is an integral part of the diagnostic system, any modification can cause warranty woes.

The MM act does not apply to such modifications.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #130
jeffb325
Rep

what you are saying is true BUT radios have been tied into the bus on many vehicles now for over 10 years now....and with the exception of some hack jobs on the "k" wire on some vw/audi cars i havent seen any diagnostic issues on cars with properly integrated aftermarket stereos. The dynavin uses a bus interface to pull steering wheel contol signals off the bus, thats it. Its plug and play, no cutting, no splicing, little or no oportunity to screw things up. Im not going to argue about it, as i said, they would have to show how an aftermarket stereo system caused a failure and that just isnt likely to happen.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #131
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Yes but the E46 didn't have a most bus

Yes but the E46 didn't have a most bus.
And the most bus ties in the bluetooth and a bunch of options and the audio alarms from what I understand.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1260829447
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #132
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
what you are saying is true BUT radios have been tied into the bus on many vehicles now for over 10 years now....and with the exception of some hack jobs on the "k" wire on some vw/audi cars i havent seen any diagnostic issues on cars with properly integrated aftermarket stereos. The dynavin uses a bus interface to pull steering wheel contol signals off the bus, thats it. Its plug and play, no cutting, no splicing, little or no oportunity to screw things up. Im not going to argue about it, as i said, they would have to show how an aftermarket stereo system caused a failure and that just isnt likely to happen.
While I can agree with your point, you are missing the big picture here and how BMW would *could* treat it. Would it be an issue ? Shouldn't be. *Can* it be an issue ? Sure, depends on the SA.

With your vast experience, you should know the difference between CANBUS and MOST Bus, no ? That is the discussion that I see.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0