E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Yet another Speaker installation tut for E90

12-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Sjeez
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 318d

Yet another Speaker installation tut for E90

Hi guys, my first post here so might as well post something useful

I got inspired by another thread which does exact the same thing, except my car is a '08 E90 (pre-lci).

Already installed a sub, and I noticed that I have a little bass overkill now. So got myself two sets of Pioneer speakers.

So now for the how to (see attachments for the pics):

Front
To start with the left door, first remove the trim and you'll see 4 Torx screws uncovering. When you have removed them you can pull out the entire inner door panel with some force. You might have to use a screw driver to get it a bit going.

When the panel comes off, support it with your leg or something to not let it fall. The panel is however still connected to the lock cable and electric cables. I only removed the electric cable because installation is possible with the door still connected.

Next you will see the speaker. Remove the cables connected to the speaker and next remove the screws around the speaker. Then it will come off and you're halfway there .

When installing my new speakers, I noticed that they had 4 attachment points, instead of the stock speakers which had 3. What I did is drilled 4 holes in the door panel and didn't use the old points. This way the speaker is attached at 4 points and firmly in place.

If you got the speaker installed, next cut off the electric cables and connect them with the cables supplied with your speaker set. The cable with the brown line on it is the ground, this goes for front and back.

Then it is just a matter of putting everything back in place. When putting back the door panel, push hard and it will click in place.

The right door is the same, except there is another screw under the door handle.

Back
This is very easy, just pop out the speaker grill and you can remove the speaker easily.

Just pay attention to the wires (brown is ground) and you will be okay.

Hope I helped you guys a bit with my pictures of the installation and a little textual explanation. Together with the other DIY thread I think it's not that hard and is something everyone can do.

The result is a much louder, fuller sound. Even with the stock amplifier this does sound very good for those of you who don't got the logic7 set.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

those are some pretty nice speakers, how much did you spend total? i wanna do this but am too nervous to break a clip or something
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0