E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > TGS Exclusive - UUC XI Sway Bars NOW Available - More Info Inside!

View Poll Results: Do you want UUC to build XI Sway Bars & Ready to buy?
Yes, ready to buy as soon as they are back in stock 36 69.23%
Yes, ready to buy and willing to put a refundable deposit (that's how serious I am) 11 21.15%
No Thanks 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

11-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #23
Hpirx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240 xDrive, BGM

Make sure the corresponding end links will be available/in production.
Still awaiting word if/when the ones I ordered 3 weeks ago, will be in stock.
Have fun at SEMA
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #24
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpirx View Post
Make sure the corresponding end links will be available/in production.
Still awaiting word if/when the ones I ordered 3 weeks ago, will be in stock.
Have fun at SEMA

Are you looking for specific ones? There's no specific set that has to be run for these. I just installed mine a few weeks ago. I went with HP Autowerks front and Hotchkis rear adjustable end links - that's probably the best setup for DD use to avoid unwanted noises. The rears aren't sealed, but there's end caps that can be added.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #25
Hpirx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240 xDrive, BGM

No, I wasn't really looking for specific end links.
I just liked the design of UUC's offering, with the center adjustable without having to remove the link. I ordered them in anticipation of the installation of coilovers I have on order. But it seems the waiting game is normal for modding a car. Hopefully I will
get lucky and everything will magically appear at the same time. If not I might have to go with other brands. I just wanted the OP to be aware and maybe inform the "Chief Engineer" so as to have a complete package available. Thanks for your suggestions though.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #26
justrokkit
Private
Rep
Drives: SGM E91 xDrive

I've been waiting on an order I placed with them directly.

Since May.

I thought this might be the case, but man, UUC really needs an operations consultant. This business model is undercutting their revenue.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #27
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

I'll be talking to UUC in detail today about the production of the Xi sway bars.

Once I feel confident in the proposal, I'll go ahead and offer up the details to you guys.

If all goes well, I'm hoping to run a pre-order with those actually interested. This will lock in your spot for the bars. They are only doing a production run of 25, so it will be first come first serve and exclusively through us.

I'll be purchasing them in advance for you guys to get the ball rolling.

:Fingers Crossed:
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #28
Motorama
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs & P-cars

How much more of an improvement are these over the stock ones?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #29
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorama View Post
It's night and day compared to stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #30
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorama View Post
It's night and day compared to stock.
I have m3 rear swaybar. Would it be beneficial to get just the front or get f and r uuc bars? Are the uuc bars hollow or solid ?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 09:22 PM   #31
justrokkit
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'll be talking to UUC in detail today about the production of the Xi sway bars.

Once I feel confident in the proposal, I'll go ahead and offer up the details to you guys.

If all goes well, I'm hoping to run a pre-order with those actually interested. This will lock in your spot for the bars. They are only doing a production run of 25, so it will be first come first serve and exclusively through us.

Wait, does this mean that they said they're not going to bother with direct orders?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #32
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 2011 Porsche CTT

In for updates, seems like this may be the last chance to get these bars.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #33
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
I have m3 rear swaybar. Would it be beneficial to get just the front or get f and r uuc bars? Are the uuc bars hollow or solid ?
You'd probably only need the front. I can't recall if they are solid or hollow but they would be slightly stiffer then the M3 overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrokkit View Post
Wait, does this mean that they said they're not going to bother with direct orders?
No, I didn't say that. This is only for new orders. I can't explain what they are doing about current back orders, you'd need to contact them. (Sorry).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike360 View Post
I'm hoping to hear something in the next day or two.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #34
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
You'd probably only need the front. I can't recall if they are solid or hollow but they would be slightly stiffer then the M3 overall.

Quote:
No, I didn't say that. This is only for new orders. I can't explain what they are doing about current back orders, you'd need to contact them. (Sorry).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike360 View Post
I'm hoping to hear something in the next day or two.
I couldn't imagine the rear bar being stiffer than m3 bar I believe m3 bar is 20mm vs uuc rear xi bar which is 18mm or 19mm I can't recall at the moment. But someone correct me if I'm wrong though
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 07:41 PM   #35
boro92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi s4 lol!

M3 bar is 19mm. Don't just look at diameter--uuc bars have additional holes for different end link mounting points. The leverage on the bar will differ, thus making it stiffer. To be honest an m3 rear bar may not be necessary at all. I am on stock bars and can pick up the inside rear tire on most corners at my local track. People come tell me it looks nuts because no one expects a BMW to pick up a rear tire

Track day & Car setup blog

Last edited by boro92; 11-09-2016 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #36
TEC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 355

Quote:

How did things turn out?

If things still are up in the air how would you feel about having a company like Synchro Design Works in GA make them for those interested? I was chatting with the owner David about how tough it is to get UC's attention and he seemed interested in filling the void if we had enough interest. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #37
justrokkit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
How did things turn out?

If things still are up in the air how would you feel about having a company like Synchro Design Works in GA make them for those interested? I was chatting with the owner David about how tough it is to get UC's attention and he seemed interested in filling the void if we had enough interest. What do you think?
I'd be interested to see what they can do, but looking at their Facebook page, it seems that this would be their initial foray into sway bar engineering. Not to say it's an overly complicated system, but have they produced sway bars in the past, or perhaps manufactured something with the type of steel that is used for them?
Appreciate 1
Glennyd65.00
      11-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #38
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
How did things turn out?

They emailed me today and said they have ordered the materials and will update me again when they have a completion date ready. I wasn't able to grab anything more then that out of them.

I actually ventured out to a few manufacturers and none showed any interest, likely because it is a small market.

However, I'm always open to offerings.

Quote:
I'd be interested to see what they can do, but looking at their Facebook page, it seems that this would be their initial foray into sway bar engineering. Not to say it's an overly complicated system, but have they produced sway bars in the past, or perhaps manufactured something with the type of steel that is used for them?
Great question.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #39
TEC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Suspension components are supposed to be there specialty. They seem to have a lot of prototype stuff already out there that I didn't know about.
With that said, try calling him and see what you think of their capabilities.

Btw, I don't know them personally, aren't sponsored by them, getting a discount or ever even used their products (I am planning on getting their spherical control arms though after talking to them) for that matter. I am just trying to find some company that will actually produce the darn things and keep their word about doing it.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #40
boro92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi s4 lol!

Synchro knows their stuff and they produce a number of very solid products. They aren't mainstream, as their work is focused on race car prep parts but they are the real deal. I wouldn't drink too much of the uuc koolaid. A sway bar is a very simple device who's entire purpose is to provide the driver the ability to adjust handling balance. As long as they are adjustable it will be fine. Plus, it is not hard to copy say, m3 bar diameters, produce a solid bar and add some adjustment holes...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #41
justrokkit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro92 View Post
Synchro knows their stuff and they produce a number of very solid products. They aren't mainstream, as their work is focused on race car prep parts but they are the real deal. I wouldn't drink too much of the uuc koolaid. A sway bar is a very simple device who's entire purpose is to provide the driver the ability to adjust handling balance. As long as they are adjustable it will be fine. Plus, it is not hard to copy say, m3 bar diameters, produce a solid bar and add some adjustment holes...
That does say a lot. From an engineering standpoint, though, even if design is similar, unless they had involvement in the metallurgy process of building up a product, my concern is that they might choose a type of steel that goes by the same "street" name, but just doesn't perform like the particular kind that is better researched/tested from the likes of UUC, Bilstein, or Whiteline. It'd be fine shipped out of the factory, but the product could lose its stiffness at a faster rate, or worse, stretch out from torsional force. And that's something I'm concerned about because I'm paying for this with earned money, and the process to swap the rear sway bar is also more involved than the average car.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #42
Glennyd
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335

I think if they are a hard core shop, they already know all this about many different steel and there strengths and week eases and would be committed to build only something they can be proud of. That's how companies get such a reputation as the real deal. I'm leaning toward a new vender based on the lack of confidence in UUC
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #43
TEC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennyd View Post
I think if they are a hard core shop, they already know all this about many different steel and there strengths and week eases and would be committed to build only something they can be proud of. That's how companies get such a reputation as the real deal. I'm leaning toward a new vender based on the lack of confidence in UUC
I with you but I want to give UUC a chance if it can be worked out however I have no issues going with someone else. Dont have time for a run around.
Appreciate 1
Glennyd65.00
      11-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #44
manolooo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X4 M40i

Garage List
I'm in for a front sway bar as soon as they're available.
Appreciate 0