Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Considering Konig Ultraform - input appreciated

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-19-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
gde061
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

Considering Konig Ultraform - input appreciated

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of Konig Ultraform 18x8.5 ET38 for my 2008 335xi. My prior setup was an Enkei 7-spoke 18x8 with +32 offset, and I was pretty happy with how it looked. I plan to set them up with 235/40R18 Falken Azenis.

So first question... some Konig's have the A profile for the lager breaks. The Ultraform doesn't, so wonder if anybody knows if that poses problem for this car. Or if anybody has run them with good success.

Second question... I figure if the steering is too heavy, I'll run staggered with the enkei's in the fronts and the konig in the back. My thinking is that the extra 5mm offset will slightly cancel out the extra .5 width and make it look more square. I don't want it to look too much "street-race" ... as this is an area where drawing attention to your car is a good way to get pulled over for doing 30 in a 25. Anyway, does this staggered set sound like it would work?

I have stock suspension / brakes but will probably go for coil-overs / upgrades at some point if I keep this car longer term.

All constructive thoughts are much appreciated...
Appreciate 0