E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC to CIC - No Sound (HELP)

01-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
SGM330
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6spd

CCC to CIC - No Sound (HELP)

Hello,

Im doing CCC to CIC retrofit to my car, everything is in with Bimmer-Tech PNP harness to activate navigation, DVD in motion and voice command. I transferred MOST connecter from OEM harness to the PNP harness potion that plugs into the CIC directly.

Navigation is working but when I put in a DVD in it doesn't play, and I have absolutely no sound, no gongs, no chimes, no radio, no cd.. Nada. Also bluetooth isnt showing up anymore.

The guy coding is having a hard time...... Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

If anyone knows what features to add to get everything working, please chime in. VO was changed to #0909 I believe but still not working.

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #2
djkevinnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM330 View Post
Hello,

Im doing CCC to CIC retrofit to my car, everything is in with Bimmer-Tech PNP harness to activate navigation, DVD in motion and voice command. I transferred MOST connecter from OEM harness to the PNP harness potion that plugs into the CIC directly.

Navigation is working but when I put in a DVD in it doesn't play, and I have absolutely no sound, no gongs, no chimes, no radio, no cd.. Nada. Also bluetooth isnt showing up anymore.

The guy coding is having a hard time...... Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

If anyone knows what features to add to get everything working, please chime in. VO was changed to #0909 I believe but still not working.

Thank you!!
i had this problem before. I believe the Logic 7 amp needs to be updated. Then it should be working. glachhman does this sound right?
e90 jet black on terra//pure stage 2//fuel-it stage 3 lpfp & pi w. return//motiv tuned//vrsf dps//vtt inlets & outlets//helix fmic // er w. hks bov // bms dcis // spec stage 3+ w. mfactory smfw // cdv delete // clutch stopper // kw v1 // m3 control arms // whiteline fsb // cic|combox|backup camera retrofit // m3 headliner retrofit
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
glachhman
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

update amp
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 04:33 PM   #4
SGM330
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glachhman View Post
update amp
Software update correct? What about the Bluetooth? Will that show up in my CIC menu after amp update too?

Last edited by SGM330; 01-24-2015 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #5
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM330
Quote:
Originally Posted by glachhman View Post
update amp
Software update correct? What about the Bluetooth? Will that show up in my CIC menu after amp update too?
Yes, software update. That's why it's recommended you have a full software update to all modules in the vehicle before beginning the retrofit.

As far as Bluetooth, as long as you have the modules installed and the head unit is coded for it, it should show up in the interface.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
SGM330
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Yes, software update. That's why it's recommended you have a full software update to all modules in the vehicle before beginning the retrofit.

As far as Bluetooth, as long as you have the modules installed and the head unit is coded for it, it should show up in the interface.
Ah, I've been reading up on this retrofit for a little while and didn't see that. I also bought the retrofit some what impulsively lol. Any other module that can cause this issue?

I'm going to get the module updated tomorrow.. and ill get the system coded later this week. Hopefully I don't run into any other issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM330 View Post
Ah, I've been reading up on this retrofit for a little while and didn't see that. I also bought the retrofit some what impulsively lol. Any other module that can cause this issue?

I'm going to get the module updated tomorrow.. and ill get the system coded later this week. Hopefully I don't run into any other issues.
Yes, you'll want to get every module completely upgraded to it'll work properly with the retrofit. The software on the TCU/MULF (which controls the bluetooth functions) could be incompatible with the CIC and require update, could be issues with other module to module communications, etc. because they don't understand the commands from the CIC.

Ideally, what you'd need to do is this:

1) Reinstall the CCC into the vehicle
2) Have the entire vehicle completely updated with ISTA/P / Autologic / WinKFP (only need to reinstall the CCC if you are using ISTA/P)
3) Then proceed with the retrofit of the CIC into the vehicle

Also, if you're having stuff like the Amp and TCU, etc reprogrammed your coder it going to want an OPS or ICOM A+B setup, with a stable power supply (*NOT* a battery charger) and the appropriate software. If they just have a D+KCAN cable and are trying to update modules that are supposed to be updated via the MOST bus, you're just asking for trouble.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
creamridgebimmer
Rep
Drives: bmw328xi

is updating just AMP 60 fix for getting sound

I already posted in other thread was wondering if this issue can be fixed by updating AMP 60 via winkfp.and not other modules.Do we need to default code with NCS Expert as well modules?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 07:50 AM   #9
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamridgebimmer View Post
I already posted in other thread was wondering if this issue can be fixed by updating AMP 60 via winkfp.and not other modules.Do we need to default code with NCS Expert as well modules?
Technically, yes.... However, you may still run into other random issues if all of the other modules are downrev.

You can re-flash using WinKFP and default code the AMP using NCS Expert. Although I don't remember if the Logic 7 amp communicates over the K-Line, it *may* require using a OPS/ICOM to re-flash over the MOST fibre optic port.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #10
BigSkulk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 30i

Hi everyone,

I am having this same issue with a CIC to CIC swap (old one crashed) there is no sound for anything to include bluetooth, and my navigation tab is grayed out so no navi as well.

Is doing the update the fix for this?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
Mc 0077.00
      03-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #11
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkulk View Post
Hi everyone,

I am having this same issue with a CIC to CIC swap (old one crashed) there is no sound for anything to include bluetooth, and my navigation tab is grayed out so no navi as well.

Thanks
CIC is coded to your VIN. So if you installed a used CIC unit from another vehicle it is coded for someone else's car. You'll have to code it to your own. Then you'll need to use CIC Patcher or alternative to regain Navigation.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #12
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkulk View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
CIC is coded to your VIN. So if you installed a used CIC unit from another vehicle it is coded for someone else's car. You'll have to code it to your own. Then you'll need to use CIC Patcher or alternative to regain Navigation.
CIC patcher only works when CIC is running the latest update C1A and is needed to activate navigation and apps. To get sound must change VO and reset the amplifier. Updated files aren't needed.
Appreciate 0