E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > anyone try european delivery yet?

10-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
duyh
Team Blop
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M & 13 E92 M3

anyone try european delivery yet?

how much do you exactly save and how does it all work. anyways i have a 325i sedan in sparkling graphite with black dakota leather with bi-xenon adaptive headlights, navigation, logic 7 premium sound, comfort access, premium package, sport package, cold weather package with about 25000 miles on it how much do you think i could get for it next year when theres about 30000 miles on the car
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

My guess would be around 24k if your lucky.
      10-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
andytaro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Graphite 2008 335i Sedan

Read this first:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...opean_Delivery

You can probably save 1-2k depending on your negotiated ED price and travel cost to Munich.
I completed my ED this summer and have spent 15k for travel. So basically no saving there. I opted for ED so I can take my family to Europe for vacation and drive on autobahn.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I did ED.....

You can easily get a car $1K over its ED price if you do your hmwk. (overall savings are over $6K compared to MSRP price) I used miles for everything else so the savings were pretty big.
I've only spent 5 days in Munich and did drop off the car the same day i picked it up. i've been to Munich many times before so the whole tourist / visiting Europe thing was not a concern for me

PM if you have any questions.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

You shouldn't pay more than $1k over invoice (not MSRP). ED is pretty much a no-brainer for many dealerships. Your car does not come out of their inventory, so it's just gravy for doing a little paperwork and hadning you the keys.

We did our's toward the end of '06. Flew 2 for 1 on Lufthansa to Munich. ! night in Munich (Marriott), pick the car up the next morning, drive to Florence, Italy. 3 nights in Florence, drive the Grossglockner, two nights in Austria, visited the Disney Castle (easier to spell than Newschwanstein???), another 2 nights in Munich (Marriot again), dropped the car off at Harms, took the shuttle to the airport.

Very, very easy. And an amazing trip. You'll come back with a whole new appreciation for driving (if you get onto the Autobahn and Autostrada) and disdain for dub-ass U.S. drivers.

I think we came back with $400 more in our pockets than if we bought the car straight from the dealership's floor.

We just bought an '08 M3. WE would have done another ED, but there's no discount built into the ED program for M's.

There are only two downsides I can think of.

1) You are paying for the whole trip. The money you save over MSRP (or non ED-selling price) isn't financed like the car payment. So, you have to have that cash available.

2) It'll take 7-8 weeks to get your car back once you drop it off at Harms (or it gets back to them if you drop it off at any of the other approved locations).
Kind of tough to trade a car in this way.

Warning - You'll want to set up WAY more stuff to do and places to go than you really should. Narrow it down. Even still, you'll be dead-ass tired when you get done.

And, read all the posts where andytaro suggested.

Don't fear getting around Munich via public transportation. It's wicked easy, even for a Hic like myself!
Appreciate 0