E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Hyundai Unveils Genesis Coupe R-Spec

02-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #23
Z06M3
///M...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Z06 | 16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
This car is a fail.

Not because of the actual car, but because of the badge. Sadly, I don't think it's possible for Hyundai to get rid of it's image without changing it's name.

I also don't think other manufacturers are phased by anything Hyundai releases.
You fail... get off your high donkey. Great job Hyundai.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Do you remember when Toyota went head to head with the big boys?
Luxury EXport U.S. (LEXUS)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
All it will take is one rap star or basketball player to buy one of those things and hyundai will be accepted.
wth does the badge have to do with it? this is probably the best bang for the bug car out there.. I don't like it, but I'm sure a hell of a lot of people who can't afford nice BMW's like us will.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOne View Post
Do you remember when Toyota went head to head with the big boys?
Luxury EXport U.S. (LEXUS)
Do you remember when they tried to make a 2 seater sports car (Toyota Spyder) Fail? The Supra is a different story..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

Hyundai is way better positioned than Toyota. Toyota didn't fail exactly, they're still selling lots of cars. They just found their way with practical sensible cars. In other words, boring.

But Hyundai has those characteristics as well but with these new models might become a serious contender in a way Toyota never could. Partly because they put out Lexus. But Lexus is expensive and not sensible.

Hyundai in a way, by not making a luxury brand, could have inadvertently stumbled upon a way to have their image say, "Luxury & performance, but ALSO sensibility, reliability, and value. Which is pretty lucky for them if it works out that way.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 05:27 AM   #28
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Hyundai don't have a bad name in Europe, they are fairly popular, particularly in the UK. Good to see competition nipping at the heels of BMW, it can only make them try harder to keep ahead in the game...
      02-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #29
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
This car is a fail.

Not because of the actual car, but because of the badge. Sadly, I don't think it's possible for Hyundai to get rid of it's image without changing it's name.

I also don't think other manufacturers are phased by anything Hyundai releases.
Seriously stfu.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #30
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep

"When the colors of your new turbocharged rear-wheel-drive sport coupe are named after international racing circuits, you’d better have the performance and confidence to back it up. Now, Hyundai is upping the ante by announcing an R-Spec version of the all-new 2010 Genesis Coupe, designed to appeal to true enthusiasts who want a low starting price and the ability to tune their car to their own specifications. R-Spec will be available as a mid-2010 model year introduction.

R-Spec provides genuine track-readiness in an affordable model. The R-Spec adds core performance equipment to the most affordable 2.0T model, such as: Track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with performance summer tires, Brembo braking system, Torsen limited-slip differential, and R-Spec badging. To further reduce cost and weight, it also eliminates some non-essential convenience equipment such as: Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. The Genesis Coupe R-Spec will be priced at $23,750 and $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model, leaving tuners with extra cash for their own choice of aftermarket performance upgrades. Appropriately, the R-Spec will be available in three performance oriented exteriors colors: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red."

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
wth does the badge have to do with it? this is probably the best bang for the bug car out there.. I don't like it, but I'm sure a hell of a lot of people who can't afford nice BMW's like us will.
Badge has a lot to do with everything, regardless if its a Hyundai, BMW, Kia, Nissan or any other car. There are a lot of people that won't buy specific makes regardless of how nice and affordable their cars are.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #32
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep

Hyundai should've just used the Genesis badge. Then people wouldn't have to mod with a stupid oval behind it.

Still one of the best shots.

Appreciate 0