E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #1959
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

That Uriah KO was brutal. Bubba looked well and truly defeated before he stepped in the octagon though. Also think it's funny that Josh has been given every fight he's asked for. Both coaches asked for Uriah v Josh but DFW went against them, you can tell he's trying to set it up for the finale to make more $$$. We'll see it plays out that way, anything can happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #1960
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
That Uriah KO was brutal. Bubba looked well and truly defeated before he stepped in the octagon though. Also think it's funny that Josh has been given every fight he's asked for. Both coaches asked for Uriah v Josh but DFW went against them, you can tell he's trying to set it up for the finale to make more $$$. We'll see it plays out that way, anything can happen.
lol yea, exactly. Dana even said this was the first time ever, that the coaches agreed and he still doesnt make the Josh vs Uriah fight. The other two guys arent as marketable so yea, he just wanted the bigger fight for the finale but I'm hoping Kelvin pulls off the upset like he has done all season long
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #1961
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, Uriah Hall is a monster. Not sure if Bubba was faking it out of fear but it didnt look like that hard of a shot but homeboy was done
Yeah Hall is always beasting. I'm sure dyle will give him a solid 2 rounder since he's got so much heart. I wonder who he's gonna be facing in the finals.

I can't stand that salmon surfer guy. Always looking for the easy fights. Shit don't work like that in the real world homie.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #1962
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Yeah Hall is always beasting. I'm sure dyle will give him a solid 2 rounder since he's got so much heart. I wonder who he's gonna be facing in the finals.

I can't stand that salmon surfer guy. Always looking for the easy fights. Shit don't work like that in the real world homie.
yea, he annoys me too, he's clearly scared of Uriah and avoiding him at all costs
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #1963
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

UFC on Fuel. Mousasi got the win but he's gonna be out for a bit with knee surgery..... fack. Guess Gus will have a new opponent then in the near future.

Madadi took one fucking vicious leg kick from M Johnson but came back and got the impressive sub.

Tor from TUF also got a sub against the kid that Hall KTFO lol! Kid looked like he wanted to tap, didn't and tapped moments later xD
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #1964
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
UFC on Fuel. Mousasi got the win but he's gonna be out for a bit with knee surgery..... fack. Guess Gus will have a new opponent then in the near future.

Madadi took one fucking vicious leg kick from M Johnson but came back and got the impressive sub.

Tor from TUF also got a sub against the kid that Hall KTFO lol! Kid looked like he wanted to tap, didn't and tapped moments later xD
yea, Mousasi looked pretty good considering his knee was jacked, hope its not as serious as he was saying it was

Ross Peason also had an impressive KO w/ a pretty injured foot too

Mad props to Madadi, thought he was going out after that head kick, specially the way he hit the ground.

but to me Connor McGregor stole the show, holy fuck! been watching him for a while on CageWarriors but didnt think he would be that impressive in the UFC

Invicta FC had a damn good card too
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #1965
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
yea, Mousasi looked pretty good considering his knee was jacked, hope its not as serious as he was saying it was

Ross Peason also had an impressive KO w/ a pretty injured foot too

Mad props to Madadi, thought he was going out after that head kick, specially the way he hit the ground.

but to me Connor McGregor stole the show, holy fuck! been watching him for a while on CageWarriors but didnt think he would be that impressive in the UFC

Invicta FC had a damn good card too
McGregor looked really good. I can't wait to see him fight again

Oh ya I forgot about Invicta FC. Will have o check that out as will! ONE FC also hard a card. Aoki is a champ once again!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #1966
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
TUF spoiler....

As impressive as Uriah Hall has been all season, the semi-final was the most impressive for me. Not only is Dylan a tough dude but to TKO someone from the bottom... wow!

Glad Kelvin won, I really like him and Samman was a huge d-bag through out the show
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #1967
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
TUF spoiler....

As impressive as Uriah Hall has been all season, the semi-final was the most impressive for me. Not only is Dylan a tough dude but to TKO someone from the bottom... wow!

Glad Kelvin won, I really like him and Samman was a huge d-bag through out the show
Yeah for sure. He knew that Dylan was gonna go all 3 rounds and potentially go for the take down. Played safe and out struck him from the outside but wtf, Ground and Pound from the bottom O_O?!?!?!?! If he gets better with his takedown defense and sprawls along with a little better conditioning (since he strikes so much). He'll be nearly unstoppable!

Kelvin totally owned samman. Funny how the kid wanted to pick all of his opponents and look what happens. Gets takendown and manhandled like a bitch.

I can't wait for Kelvin vs Hall. Should be a hell of a fight. Loved their initial staredown too haha. All they were doing was smiling at one another haha

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #1968
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
lol yea man, both stare downs were pretty funny
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #1969
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Ended up watching the UFC card on the weekend. Didn't watch it live because it started at 4am over here but watched it a few hours late. Glad I did because all the fights were great, plenty of finishes. TUF semi final episode was great too. Unfortunately I saw the spoiler on FB so I knew who won. Glad Kelvin put Samman away, I didn't really warm to his personality. Uriah Hall was a given. It almost looked like he was showing Dylan too much respect and can finish the fight at any time. I think Uriah is on another level to these guys, he's definitely UFC caliber. I'm not sure if he'd run through the 185 UFC guys as easily but I think he'd make a case for being a top 10 very quickly if he beats the right guys. I think Dana was a bit shocked when Samman won, not hugely disappointed, just surprised. I do think the 2 best guys made it to the finale though.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #1970
alexdc2t
Honda Junkie
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Dylan lasted longer than everyone else! mega props to him!
      04-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #1971
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ended up watching the UFC card on the weekend. Didn't watch it live because it started at 4am over here but watched it a few hours late. Glad I did because all the fights were great, plenty of finishes. TUF semi final episode was great too. Unfortunately I saw the spoiler on FB so I knew who won. Glad Kelvin put Samman away, I didn't really warm to his personality. Uriah Hall was a given. It almost looked like he was showing Dylan too much respect and can finish the fight at any time. I think Uriah is on another level to these guys, he's definitely UFC caliber. I'm not sure if he'd run through the 185 UFC guys as easily but I think he'd make a case for being a top 10 very quickly if he beats the right guys. I think Dana was a bit shocked when Samman won, not hugely disappointed, just surprised. I do think the 2 best guys made it to the finale though.
yea, I'm not sure how Uriah will do at 185, his only two losses are to Weidman and Phillipou, which are near the top of the ranks. My guess is he drops to 170, where I think he can do damage, even though its a deeper division than 185
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #1972
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
yea, I'm not sure how Uriah will do at 185, his only two losses are to Weidman and Phillipou, which are near the top of the ranks. My guess is he drops to 170, where I think he can do damage, even though its a deeper division than 185
I seriously thought that Dylan was gonna bring the heart....... He went in already defeated inside... -_-

I think Hall will do ok at 185. He just has to deal with the wrestlers.

Speaking of that, if he goes down to 170...... there will be A LOT of wrestlers. Considering he's got like no bodyfat, going down another 15 lbs won't be easy.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #1973
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Connor McGregor wants to replace Joe Proctor (got injured) and fight at UFC 159, hope he gets it!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #1974
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I seriously thought that Dylan was gonna bring the heart....... He went in already defeated inside... -_-

I think Hall will do ok at 185. He just has to deal with the wrestlers.

Speaking of that, if he goes down to 170...... there will be A LOT of wrestlers. Considering he's got like no bodyfat, going down another 15 lbs won't be easy.
On paper his only 2 losses have been to top 185 guys, I don't actually know any of the guys he's beaten and whether they would be considered top 25. So he puts away average fighters easily. I can't always tell on paper though but he does look impressive, his technique is very explosive and violent, it seems like he possesses true KO power which is always dangerous. I think he'll slot into 185 well if he can handle solid well rounded guys like Okami.

Quote:
Connor McGregor wants to replace Joe Proctor (got injured) and fight at UFC 159, hope he gets it!
That will be awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #1975
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
On paper his only 2 losses have been to top 185 guys, I don't actually know any of the guys he's beaten and whether they would be considered top 25. So he puts away average fighters easily. I can't always tell on paper though but he does look impressive, his technique is very explosive and violent, it seems like he possesses true KO power which is always dangerous. I think he'll slot into 185 well if he can handle solid well rounded guys like Okami.

That will be awesome!
yea, Okami is the true gate keeper for 185, if you can get past him, you're a contender

sadly, no Connor McGregor for 159, Al Alquinta (who was fighting Proctor) is now injured too, so that fight has been cancelled
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #1976
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hah, Okami really is just a gatekeeper now. I'm sure he's making good money tho.

Who else here is looking forward to the bout between Tate vs Zingano?

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #1977
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Spoiler

i saw it split decision the other way. I thought hall outstruck him the entire 3rd round, but I guess judges still weigh too heavily on TDs
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #1978
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Great card, awesome fights as always. Really enjoyed the female fight, except it started to get hard to watch once they started to get bloodied up. They are very talented though. I really thought Hall would step up and win but he didn't look like he was there mentally.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #1979
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Spoiler

i saw it split decision the other way. I thought hall outstruck him the entire 3rd round, but I guess judges still weigh too heavily on TDs
yea, I thought so too but Kelvin seemed to be the more aggressive also, so maybe to weighed in to the decision too. Hall wasnt into it like he was during the show, there was no killer instinct, so i dont hate the decision

Quote:
Great card, awesome fights as always. Really enjoyed the female fight, except it started to get hard to watch once they started to get bloodied up. They are very talented though. I really thought Hall would step up and win but he didn't look like he was there mentally.
yea, great card indeed.

Tate v Zingano was pretty damn good, although I thought it got stopped a tad early. Meisha is tough as nails, she took more punishment in her last fight w/ Kedzie and still won, but of course the worst ref in MMA had to ruin it
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #1980
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I had it for Hall in rounds 2-3 but I think the judges took Kelvin's pace and takedowns more than overall striking points. Not upset with the results tho as I'm a fan of both. Heard that Kelvin will be making his way down to WW. Makes sense. Hall's german suplex was a thing of beauty, reminded me of Jon vs Bonnar.

It was a really good card and man, the women delivered again! Cat's knees are a thing of beauty to watch
Appreciate 0