E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dealer replaced battery - still getting increased battery discharge message

11-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
Danman5666
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted24x7 View Post
This may not help but...

I updated the maps on my PROcede yesterday. It all seemed to go fine. When I got in the car this morning I had a symbol on the Nav screen of the car on a lift. A minute later I got the message that my battery was discharging too much. It also told me to set the time which I found strange. Sure enough, the time wasn't set so I set it and restarted the car. No more battery discharging message, no more on a lift symbol. Apparently the two are connected because I drove for a while started and stopped a couple times and it is fine.
So I'm not sure what's going on but I haven't been able to duplicate it since yesterday afternoon. Maybe this was the behavior I received? Not sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #24
distracted24x7
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i xDrive

Sorry to thread jack...

It took less than a minute to load the 9-10 maps and then another to walk through the command interface to load things. Less than five all in. There was something about step three that hit the DME, erasing my trip mileage information and resetting some other things. It was all sorted after a restart except the clock and setting that fixed the battery problem.

I use a MacBook Pro with a Windows 7 VM attached to the USB interface on the PROCede. I did the update late in the afternoon and did not drive the car until morning when I saw the battery discharge problem.
      11-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #25
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

they replaced your battery with used one maybe?
i would give them a call until i get *new one
Appreciate 0