E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > F**K PACIFIC BMW!!!!!!

04-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #23
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Interesting thread. I'd like to hear the other side of the story too.

I can say one thing for sure.. if Pacific BMW sees this thread, you're never going to get decent service. (rightfully so, in my mind). You are better off working something out first, then bitching if your efforts failed. It certainly sounds like all you needed to do was to talk with your SA again.

Pacific BMW has one of the busiest parts and service departments in the country, due to their large portion of internet sales. I'm on the east coast, ordered a few things from them, and know of at least a dozen local people that also order from them, and have never had anything but a pleasant experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #24
vasantos
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 325i

As for the software issue -

I bought my E90 at FLOW BMW in Winston-Salem, NC. I liked the "lock-after-takeoff"(doors automatically lock at 5 mph) feature and the daytime running lamps of the E46. When I asked for these features in the E90 they said it would require a software upgrade. The car was so new it didn't have those features.

They did upgrade the car's software, and were happy to do so. BUT they did say they were also RELUCTANT to do so - because if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Please bear that in mind when you PUSH for software upgrades. An E90 is a blend of computer and sport car. What if the DSC or DTC fail when you need it? All because you are constantly tinkering with your car? You CAN do more harm than good by pushing for software updates.

If BMW feels the software updates are necessary - they are going to install them no matter what when you service your car. Count on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #25
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Uhh.. guys krndanic, has every right to speak to a manager. I work in my own business, its a multi million dollar group and I cater to upper-middle class to upper class clientele (1M net worth to 150MM net worth - I have pro football players and a few NBA superstars that are clients). Here's what should happen: Customer goes to sales person (Irate or not). Asks to speak with manager. Sales person states, "he is busy right now or whatever, is there something I can help you with?" Repeat once or twice. If customer is still irate, and demands to speak with manager, get the manager there!

In business, particularly when dealing with rich clientele, you CANNOT have this attitude. Service. Service. Service. The customer is always right (no not literally, but that means that you can't piss them off and need to come to come to adequate resolution). There is no big deal in having the manager speak to them. I'm the owner, and I have gotten personally involved, forget my managers (although i try my level best to keep a distance, and maintain somewhat inaccessible, sometimes, you have to do it). I WILL speak to an irate customer if I need to. That helps MY business. We all have bad days (customers included), and being a business owner, sometimes you have to be a therapist as well, and listen to their SH*T (within reason, i'm not saying bend over backwards).

He should have been able to speak with the manager. No doubts about it. I'm about to raise hell on the OWNER of our local Mercedes Dealership for how he treated my mother. I don't care to speak to managers.

I had a problem at Fry's Electronics (multi million dollar business), they really screwed up bad with me (they delivered a fridge ONE MONTH LATE). I picked up a comments card that went straight to Randy Fry in Arizona. He wrote back to me, yes, it was his inked signature by his personal typist, and told me it would be resolved (it was not a generic letter, it was personal to me). A day later, I got my fridge discounted $300 bucks (lol it was a $700 fridge to begin with), and it came within a few days. They also threw in a $50 Fry's Gift Card for the trouble. Fry's made me a happy customer, if they did not handle to my satisfaction, they would have lost a potential for tens of thousands of dollars over the next 10, or 15 years. Not to mention a bad reputation. I strongly believe that one happy customer tells 3 others of his/her experience. one mad customer tells 10 people of his or her experience. Was the poster an irritating customer? Perhaps, but that does not matter. The onus falls on BMW to handle the situation in a professional manner. Their reputation is at stake, as well as potential loss of sales from this guy and his family/friends in future.

my .02.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #26
Narbeh Davidian
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i SP, PP, Active Steer, Nav

Well the situation seems kinda tough. But I personally know the service manager at Pacific BMW because he is my next door neighbor. Class-A guy, I talk to him all the time about my car and he's always over for barbeque. What you gotta understand is that Pacific BMW is in the heart of Glendale, a place with more BMW's than average. They have an incredible number of cars coming in and you can imagine managing that place is tough. Now, with what happened to your car I can see where you are coming from. If you really hate the dealership, take it in for service and when they call back for quality control tell them about your experience and try to have this reach BMWNA. They'll contact you and try to resolve it as well as giving you a few gift cards. On the other hand, try going to a less crowded dealer in the area, Center BMW in Sherman Oaks being one, and have them take a look at the door panel. I know how it feels to have bad service, but I've seen the other end of the stick and Pacific is an extremely crowded service scene and they deal with a lot of major problems. Going to a smaller dealer can really help you out. The more you nag these guys who already know you hate them, the less they will want to help you out. I suggest going to a different dealer and making an appointment there. That way you can start off fresh with a new department.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #27
md37793
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Dude...is English your second language or what. How about you attempt to string together a sentence in English and then we will all be happy to attempt to understand your gripe with Pacific BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #28
Narbeh Davidian
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i SP, PP, Active Steer, Nav

I hope you aren't talking to me. If so, that would be plain stupid because I do not have a gripe with them. I am simply saying that they are very busy and smaller problems can be handled at other BMW Dealerships. FYI, English is my first language and if you don't have something helpful to say shut your mouth.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #29
graves4r6
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

I have been lurking around on this board and I'm impressed how the people here expressing their anger with immature ways.

I thought BMW owner is stand up kind of people!

Does our moderator really monitor what is going on here?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #30
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graves4r6
I have been lurking around on this board and I'm impressed how the people here expressing their anger with immature ways.

I thought BMW owner is stand up kind of people!

Does our moderator really monitor what is going on here?

What should we BMW owners stand up for? Our right to throw toys out of our cribs? I have nothing in common with the original poster, other than I drive the same car. In the LA area, a 3 series is the AVERAGE CAR, and there is a wait to get them. Why would the dealer be afraid to brush off an obnoxious owner when people are lined up to take their place?

All I see here are a lot of people feeling entitled and others that are just looking for reasons to be offended.

What would you like the moderator to do? Demand that people act more mature?
I can't control BMW, and I can't control their owners. I can only control my own actions.
      04-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #31
BMW_E90
Major
Rep
Drives: 325i

yea pacific bmw got problems.... one time they took 2 hours just to tell me they dont have the part i needed in stock... i got pissed off... waste of my morning. fu*kin as$holes
      04-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #32
graves4r6
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmosblau
What should we BMW owners stand up for? Our right to throw toys out of our cribs? I have nothing in common with the original poster, other than I drive the same car. In the LA area, a 3 series is the AVERAGE CAR, and there is a wait to get them. Why would the dealer be afraid to brush off an obnoxious owner when people are lined up to take their place?

All I see here are a lot of people feeling entitled and others that are just looking for reasons to be offended.

What would you like the moderator to do? Demand that people act more mature?
I can't control BMW, and I can't control their owners. I can only control my own actions.
At least control the bad words
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #33
cosmosblau
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graves4r6
At least control the bad words
To which "bad words" do you refer?
      04-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #34
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry, I did read his post, but as I am only capable of understanding English, all I was able to extract from his posts was that he was very upset, and that he tells his story like a crybaby gangsta. I assume that was conveyed to Pacific BMW, thus the reason for his brush-off.

I may be an asshole, but at least I know how to conduct myself like a gentleman in public and on internet forums.

Because of this, I usually get what I want.

P.S.- using a dollar sign instead of "S"' in the word asshole doesn't make you any more couth.
Ohh, classic cosmo. VERY classic. Picking out "A$$hole", lol.
thats just too funny. I am sorry, I was trying to be less offensive by putting two $ signs.

And another classic part of you, "English". Oh wow, I guess we are in English 101 forum huh?
If you can't understand broken english and only rely on "correct" english, you are not very good at "English".

And yes, like what 3aficionado said, I wasn't directly calling you an "a$$hole"(are you going to correct me again, professor?), it was an example. You may know how to conduct yourself like a gentleman, but you have problem understanding stuff. Read the posts you posted above. You are the one making false assumptions and stereotyping the original poster in this thread. Cry baby gangsta? Maybe you don't even know how to conduct yourself like a gentleman afterall.

Its ok. its not my first time to see such thing.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #35
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

I would be angry as well, but oly a few things i would have to say. Why try to fix defects yourself? Thats why you have warranty. If you feel that you are right ask to have an appointment with you and the manager. Simple, be polite and people will respond
      04-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #36
cosmosblau
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Ohh, classic cosmo. VERY classic. Picking out "A$$hole", lol.
thats just too funny. I am sorry, I was trying to be less offensive by putting two $ signs.

And another classic part of you, "English". Oh wow, I guess we are in English 101 forum huh?
If you can't understand broken english and only rely on "correct" english, you are not very good at "English".

And yes, like what 3aficionado said, I wasn't directly calling you an "a$$hole"(are you going to correct me again, professor?), it was an example. You may know how to conduct yourself like a gentleman, but you have problem understanding stuff. Read the posts you posted above. You are the one making false assumptions and stereotyping the original poster in this thread. Cry baby gangsta? Maybe you don't even know how to conduct yourself like a gentleman afterall.

Its ok. its not my first time to see such thing.
Communication is not the act of transmitting messages; it is the act of making sure messages are received.

Numerous people have complained about the syntax and incomprehensibility of the original poster. Of course, it is my opinion that the original poster comes off like a "crybaby gangsta". That opinion was based on the message he attempted to convey. (Wah!) Maybe that's just the way teenagers talk today, enahanced by the failings of the educational system. As I (as well as every BMW Service Department) function in the Adult world, the message comes off as malicious jibberish.

The message you conveyed to me, Lux, intentional or not, is that you think I am an a$$hole (which I hope means an asshole, but with money!) Don't worry; I do not offend easily.

As the saying goes: Assholes are like opinions- everyone's got one.
      04-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #37
graves4r6
Captain
Rep

Quote:
To which "bad words" do you refer?
Sorry to say this. Can you read this entire post?
Some of us tend to be using derogatory comments.
And FYI, I don’t want to talk to you anymore so don't ask me or give me some of your valuable comments. I hope you can read this.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #38
SaintK
Rep
Drives: 2004 R53

The thing is dealerships are run by people. And as such mistakes will be made, and failure in communication will result in problems. Due to the sheer amount of BMWs they sell and service, socal dealerships are more prone to "mistakes".

Patience and clear communications will go a long way in resolving a situation. And like many have said, treat them with respect and they will also treat you with respect. It isn't right as they should treat the customer with respect regardless but that's just how things are. I know for a fact that dealerships will favor you if you've been nice to them in the past.

As for software updates. If you don't need an update do not get one! Progman is constantly changing and sometimes the latest update will cause more issues than it fixes.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2006, 12:19 AM   #39
wo0dysjz
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
all I was able to extract from his posts was that he was very upset, and that he tells his story like a crybaby gangsta.
lol... wtf is a crybaby gangsta.. lames..
      04-13-2006, 03:55 AM   #40
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Hey first of all, you guys need to stop with the personal attacks , okay so he's got a anger problem, but all of you guys know if you took your brand new bimmer in and they said not only are we not gonna fix and hey i'm not even gonna give you the respect or time to tell you why :mad: ...now I'm sure the Manager was like damn I aint dealing with this f**king a**, I'll fix him I won't give him the respect due as a customer. ...now to Krndanic....dude relax :rocks: it aint worth it see if another dealer will fix it for you..respect gets respect, and I understand that sometimes losing ya cool may seem like the best thing ....but dude if your cool with the local chapter of the BMW club......gawd just let them get the word thru the grapvine that PACIFIC sucks. ...look at it this way look at how many people now on this post are going...SH***T I aint dealing with Pacific...and ya better trust somebody on here is saying hmm, I was gonna buy a car from them. ...I'll check the other guy....power of the pen my friend is a powerful thing. ......so call another dealer ask him if ya can bring ya car in ....explain in a cool manner whats up, and i'll bet he goes....hmmm I'm gonna steal this guy from Pacific and he will do all his maint work here .....trust me
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2006, 02:43 AM   #41
BmWr1d3h
Private
Rep
Drives: BmW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_E90
yea pacific bmw got problems.... one time they took 2 hours just to tell me they dont have the part i needed in stock... i got pissed off... waste of my morning. fu*kin as$holes
Same thing happened to me, only I waited for 3 hours and my sleep was also gone because of them.

I am also kind of young, one other time I took the car there because one of my handle door LED light was bad, and it took them them 4 hours to tell me that there was nothing wrong (which was BS) and waited another hour for them to give my car back to me half washed.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #42
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirtynine
Hey sorry to hear about your problems. I read the whole thing but I'm still confusd. It'd be easier to read if there wasn't so much swearing though
Maybe that's the reason the manager wouldn't talk to him.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #43
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90

This is a tough case. Trying to fix it yourself sounds like something I would do. The thing is, when you go to the dealer, what do they see? A person could have been trying to modify something and damaged it.

A similar situation happened to me when I leased a car and found damage on it. You should inspect everything very very very carefully before you take delivery! (Did I mention very carefully?) This was the lesson I learned. The car is inspected and cleaned before it is given to you, and they can kind of tell because of this if something happened before or after delivery. That being said a busy dealership might miss something.

If you are sure that the damage was there before you took it then bring it back and ask to return it. That is what I did, and I even brought my checkbook. I was really upset because even though I was young, I hadn't had this kind of experience with the other two cars I negotiated leases for. What ended up happening to me was that the salesperson admitted he didn't check for damage under the car and the general manager decided to have it all repaired. They claimed, and validly, that I could have scraped the bottom of it driving it around the approx. 100 miles that I did, and it was a lowered car. But as they saw me as sincere in my beliefs they took care of me. (I bet every time we take the car in for service they are checking the bottom for damage, and hah, sure enough none...)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 02:59 AM   #44
R3DLINETHIZ23
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 335i

iiiiii hateee pacific BMW ive gone in their a couple of times to get a lease quote on a 335i, their BIG DICKS and have the worsssst sales reps ive ever seen, they could literally careless about their customers, and they sit their and wonder why their 335's have been sitting in the lot for about 2-3 months, i hate those fukers
Appreciate 0