E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Town and Country in Toronto = BAD experience

07-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #67
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
this stuff make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside cause parkview treats me like a valued customer. i walk in and they ask if i want something to drinkseriously, you guys should give parkview a shot. i have first hand knowledge that it is considered the best toronto dealernot only that, all the girls are hotttt
parkview bmw is great.

for every 1 guy that does not like t&c , there are probably 95% that have no problems with them. every dealership has its faults, i just find some dealerships are worse than others.

im sure there are some who dont like parkview, but i can bet its way less than the ones who dont like t&c

i felt like t&c acts like there doing you a favor by letting you buy a car form them. using the attitude of "if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead"

just ranting a bit..............its all good though i won in the end, hehe
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #68
notsure
Rep
Drives: E46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro View Post
i walked into T&C bmw ready to buy. i was wearing shorts, my flip flops and driving my work van. i walked in and after about 10 to 15 minutes of me walking around (no one greeted me at the door) a recptionist asked me if i needed help. so i looked at her a little funny and said yes ma'am i do need some help.

about 8 minutes after that a salesman walked up to me and asked me what i was intrested in. i told him i was ready to buy a 335 and i had some numbers already lined up, so if he can meet them we have a deal.

we sat down and as soon as i told him what i was able to get the car for, he didnt even let me finish my sentance. he said its impossible and that were not even close. so i told him im not making these numbers up (which i was not) and that i can get this deal already through another dealership. he then said that the dealership will not come through on that price and i should be careful. he wanted to offer me a MAX of 2% off, and that would only be after he spoke to his manager to confirm, and after i gave my credit card to him to show good faith. i told him i can get more than double off what he was offering, and he pretty much called me a liar.

so i basically laughed in his face. i didnt mean to but he knew i was laughing right at him. these guys think there s**t doesnt stink.

right as im about to leave, he notices my watch and asks me if i am wearing a ss daytona. i said yes and his attitude seemed to change. what a loser. now he was all nice. I told him im leaving because I needed to go home and wash my hair ( thats what i actually told him). he then took down my number, but i told him I will call him i i need him, and NOT to call me. A$$hole..................

he calls me the next day and asks me if i got my e550 from paul at mercedes. i dont even know how he found this out. I said yes and he now says hes sorry he didnt realize i knew paul blah blah. Because walking in off the street isnt good enough these days. he tells me to come in and he will match the deal i had. I then bring up how he basicaly called me a liar about the price i had given him. he completly ignores what i say and tells me once again to come in , they have a slot available and can get the car within 2 months.

i said i will see you at 5. never showed up. he calls me a few more times, every time i keep telling him what time i will approx be in, and never show.

you treat people like crap your gonna get treated like crap.

ps parkview bmw rocks.
It's funny how often this type of thing seems to happen and it completely p*$$e$ me off.

My normal work attire in the summer consists of shorts/sandles/golf shirt or t-shirt. I'll be damned if I'm going to go home and dress-up to go buy a car. To top it all off I'll only shave every third day or so. :-)

When I went in to buy my first 04 330i (in 04) I was barely given a second look by the salesman. After I stood around looking stupid long enough, he came by and asked me what I wanted. I gave him the exact specs for the car and what I was prepared to pay... cash on the spot. He then tells me they've got a used Mercedes Kompressor on the lot and maybe I'd be interested in that instead! I turned around and walked out.

I did end up buying from that dealer (only 2 in town and the other wouldn't come close to what I wanted on my trade) but not before I i) specifically asked to speak to any salesman other than the first guy and ii) had some words with the general sales manager before starting any negotiations. Best of all I ended up paying less than I was prepared to pay during my first visit.

This time around it seems that I'm getting the "junior" salesmen (i.e. either no sales or have only been around a few months).
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #69
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmyfro View Post
it was paul ngo from the mercedes dealership on kennedy.
Thanks.
      07-26-2007, 10:25 AM   #70
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

haha, for real dude, my salesman treated me very nicely (he doesn't work there anymore though)
whereas the salesman that I dealt with at Parkview treated me like crap, similar to what slapmyfro experienced
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
you should go back and edit that post.....funny you're switching dealerships now eh?
      07-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #71
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
The MB consultants (2 our of the 3 we met) were terrible... way too aggressive.
      07-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #72
halB
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: W211 E350 4M MkV GTI 987.2 S

The ironic thing is that MB dealerships are all corprorate owned, not franchised, so their sales reps should be a bit more relax and professional.

10 987.2 S w/Leather sport seat, Sport Chrono, 19" Carrera S II wheels
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #73
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

I just dropped my car off at T&C and felt the reception I received was sub-par.

Rather than getting into specifics, I would just say that overall, the three people I spoke with during the process had a very non-helpful attitude. Rather than saying "yes I can" (or at least "yes I can try"), I was innundated with "no, we can't" responses.

I also have not received a warm reception from anyone in the sales department in the past. I am very interested in the X5 or the X6, but this dealership shows no interest in me.

I am only going to T&C as it is close to where I live. I am not impressed so far, and they have already managed to turn me off purchasing our next vehicle from them.

BTW, I am not surprised to find out that they bought the nearby VW dealership ... we also received rude service when looking at the Touareg.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #74
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Well, I hate T&C. I have a lot of painful flight with T&C the past 9yr. Too bad they are so close to were I live. Just last friday when the damn "engine malfunction, reduced power" came out, I was in the chinese plaza just across the street of T&C. So I pull over there and ask for help. The f*ing SA just told me to leave the car for them for at least 3 weeks (but on loaner or rental) or make an appointment 3 weeks later. I told him I need a car to go for work then he asked me to just drive it on limp mode or rent a car by myself. So I called Autohaus and they able to gave me an appointment on Tuesday or I should call BMW assist to tow the car over to them and they will work on it immediately and will give me a rental for sure. Since my limp mode was gone by itself, so I just drop it off on Tuesday to check it up and they still give me a rental anyway. Even it is a hyundai but at least the service is a lot lot better than T&C. But I still hate the b*tch(I*ene) @ Autohaus
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #75
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

Just as a quick follow up to my initial complaint with T&C service ... when I went to pick up the vehicle, I ended up speaking with Terry, who turned out to be one of the nicest people I have spoken to at a dealership ever. He was very helpful, the exact opposite of the people I spoke to in the morning. His attitude was superb and he really knows (and loves) the cars he deals with. It truely is hit or miss with the individuals you deal with.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #76
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Wow i live 5 houses down from T&C BMW there and is on my 2nd car with them. They treat me very good since my dad knows quite few of them too, but other than that my sales guy has been pretty good to me thus far! Anyone up for a coffee if you stop by? Mini-BBQ meet at my house :P
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #77
Two Sheds
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper JCW

I got my car from BMW and didn't have a great sales experience form them and then moved out to Markham and have been using T&C for the last 4 or 5 services. One of the services has met my expectations, the rest have been woeful.

The first my loaner car (a suzuki swift) the drivers door lock had been punched out so you couldn't lock or unlock it from the drivers side. I didn't know until I got to work since the guy that sorted out the car opened the door for me so I didn't see it.

Then I think I had an acceptable experience (a real surprise), but then the next time I went in for a booked appointment it took them over an hour to get me into a loaner and I got shit from my boss for being late, I was expecting a 15 to 20 minute wait not around 1 hour and 15 minutes. I bitched seriously at them after that and they offered for the next service to do valet (drop off a bmw loaner at my house and take my car, then bring it back when done) which they said they did for customers who bought their car there (anyone actually had this?)

The next service I said I didn't need the valet, but a bmw loaner would be appreciated. For the last service (a few days ago) I did get a bmw loaner (328xi), but it did take them 1/2 hour to get me into it. While I was dropping it off I asked them to check the oil (it was for a vehicle check service) since the "low oil, add a quart of oil" had been coming on intermittently for the last week or so. I get the car back and on the way home, what should come on, but the low oil, add a quart of oil.

I must say the whole BMW dealership experience is driving me away from the brand completely. They make great driving cars, but to pay this much for service so lousy is incredible. The poor service I have consistently received from T&C and BMW Toronto from the purchase experience has been some of the worst service I have received in the last 5 years in any industry.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #78
Carbon4
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 - 328i

Lately I've seen a wave of new sales as I was there about a months ago and the girl sales I initially had my test drive with(quite pretty actually)was gone when I made an appointment only to be replaced with a blonde ^^. I think they are getting the message in getting better sales help.

The worse was last year when I walked in with my mom after dinner on a Monday night and this old chinese lady helped us, boy did she piss me off. I asked for a brochure and info on the 335i and she said "it's all on the internet". We just walked out of there. I haven't seen her since.

Personally I prefer talking to newer sales reps, they don't have "the game" yet and are more honest.

That being said, I did buy from them - they were just closest. I think they know they have the Markham / Richmondhill market just due to location.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #79
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon4 View Post
The worse was last year when I walked in with my mom after dinner on a Monday night and this old chinese lady helped us, boy did she piss me off. I asked for a brochure and info on the 335i and she said "it's all on the internet". We just walked out of there. I haven't seen her since.
Is her name Irene by any chance?
      09-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #80
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Kev, you got a crush on Irene?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #81
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
My parents bought our first car (in Canada) through her at MB Thornhill more than 10 years ago... she used to sell Volvos but apparently have "accounts" at other dealers. At that time, she was already driving a S500...

No, I definitely don't have a crush on her....you definitely won't be when you see her in the newspaper
      09-09-2008, 08:09 AM   #82
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

wasn't that bitch Irene from Autohaus? I think everybody hate her
      09-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #83
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
oops, yeah, it is Autohaus, my bad...

Was at Parkview today, had a warning light that came on that was not in the manual. I apprently need a brake fluid flush. Made the appointment, and once again, NO LOANER... the lady that scheduled me said it will only take an hour so no loaner, so I said fine... then she ask me what time is good, so I told her whenever that's early, she gave me a time for 10:30... I told her i have to get to work by 8:30, then she reluctantly gave me a slot for 8:00 am next week...

On the bright said, I will be renting something, maybe I'll get something that is not a BMW...
      09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #84
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !

I had an apointment @ Parkview BMW last Wednesday (where I got the car) to fix the wheel alignment, and the experience was pretty good, they set me up for an 8:30 am and gave me a 323 sedan loaner (what a POS !!) and they did it all under warranty

Only thing that went wrong is the service guy got mixed up and cause he was handling 2 clients with the same first name and called me to tell me something about the engine light is still on, and I freaked out LOOOL. Wheel alignment and engine light ?!?! Cleared the mixup of course.

Couldn't be happier.
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #85
larkie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i-E90

Recently my fd bought a car from one of the "GOLD SALES MASTER" from T&C. Guess what, the very first impression this sales person gave my friend was "Oh I normally don't do walk in customer" . What kind of sales tone is this ? Make it sounded like, the customer is lucky that he's serving him. I definitely dont' think buy a car $50k + with cash deserve that kind of service. If I ever buying a bmw again, I would try visit other dealership other than T&C (I've bought over 3 cars from them). At least I would avoid this GOLD SALES MASTER.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #86
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFatAngry View Post
I had an apointment @ Parkview BMW last Wednesday (where I got the car) to fix the wheel alignment, and the experience was pretty good, they set me up for an 8:30 am and gave me a 323 sedan loaner (what a POS !!) and they did it all under warranty
Wheel alignment and you got a loaner? I am going to freak out next time if I don't get a loaner!
      10-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #87
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGxi View Post
Wheel alignment and you got a loaner? I am going to freak out next time if I don't get a loaner!
Yup just have to call up ahead see which day they can give you a loaner, that's what I did.
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #88
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFatAngry View Post
Yup just have to call up ahead see which day they can give you a loaner, that's what I did.
I always ask when they can give me a courtesy car before I book my appointment, the lady that schedules for Parkview always tell me it won't take long and we can't give you a loaner.