E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Scammed by Convoy Motors LLC!!!

06-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #23
Wawa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325

It’s easy to look back and see all the signs, I have bought cars overseas before but always from private people and never had any problems at all. I guess I thought by buying from a dealer they would be more straight up and no scamming, but I guess I was wrong big time and have now learned a lesson.

Salvage is not a problem, I have bought salvage before and also friends and people I know too and mostly it’s decent or even spotless repairs. I guess a repair by a pro repair shop as Silvio Gallone aka Convoy Motors LLC claimed he was I thought it would be a decent repair. I’m so angry as I payed pretty much for this car, not really call it a GREAT deal. I guess I was more concern to not lose my deposit and own a bmw that I didn’t think twice. Today I wish I lost the deposit instead of buying a car from this scammer.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #24
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Do you mind sharing the exact car with options you got along with the price (before you "fixed" it.) Just curious how much you were trying to save from a salvaged vehicle. For instance, I purchased three months ago a 2006 325 heated/power seats for 17,400. No salvaged title and still had warranty remaining.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger

Last edited by Chriztofor; 06-13-2010 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #25
Outlaw 06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i (daily driver)

“Caveat emptor" is always the first rule of buying a used car, even with a CLEAN title. What were you thinking buying a car with a salvage title sight unseen (and putting down such a large deposit in the first place)? You should have posted here for advice BEFORE you did it.
      06-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
Lexi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Do you mind sharing the exact car with options you got along with the price (before you "fixed" it.) Just curious how much you were trying to save from a salvaged vehicle. For instance, I purchased three months ago a 2006 325 heated/power seats for 17,400. No salvaged title and still had warranty remaining.
don't think it's comparable, remember that he is in Germany. Cars over there are expensive
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

sorry to hear
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #28
NWapex
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

It sucks that you got taken. However, if you had 7k cash to put down on the car and were able to speand another 6K cash on repairs after taking delivery as you noted, I am really, really unclear why you were looking at a salvaged vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Wow I am sorry to hear about this. I would get a lawyer.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
youry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 355i Super Special Edition

$7k should have been the whole payment for that car with a salvage title, not only a down payment. What year, model and how many miles on the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #31
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 17 OG M2

I think this whole story is BS.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #32
Wawa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWapex View Post
It sucks that you got taken. However, if you had 7k cash to put down on the car and were able to speand another 6K cash on repairs after taking delivery as you noted, I am really, really unclear why you were looking at a salvaged vehicle.
Because here in Europe they are no Salvage cars = Salvage price like in the USA, that’s why if there is a decent repair on a minor damaged car there is no issues. With all the money spend on the repair I guess I would be close to a non-salvage car here, but as said, it’s easy to think twice after the facts, I’ve learned my lesson for sure. I have just never been screwed over like this before, I didn’t know there were people out there that could sell a car in this kind of shape and tell you that they are pro repair shop of BMW cars and Jaguars and then send a car like this. I mean I would not even risk a business to do such a thing, but I guess people do anything for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youry View Post
$7k should have been the whole payment for that car with a salvage title, not only a down payment. What year, model and how many miles on the car?
I don’t want to figure with a price on the forum. But it was a -08 with only 900 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSailor View Post
I think this whole story is BS.
I REALY wish it was!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
StoneCold
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 328i Coupe, Pro 02/08

I'm sorry to hear OP. Hope you learned a lot out of this in your life & to all members beware as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #34
3pnt4maro
Long Time Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330I

not to be a dick but hope you learned your lesson
      06-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #35
hubble bubble
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Salvage title = run, don't walk, away as fast as you can. Salvage always means (a) the cost to fix is worth more than the car or (b) damage is so bad car cannot be fixed properly.

I bought a car via e-mail once, but it was a CPO from a BMW dealer about 6 hours away. $500 deposit. Dealer was willing to extend the 3-day return from the day it arrived at my house. I ended up flying out., picking it up, and driving back. LOVED the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #36
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

^ +100. There is no such thing as a decent repair on a minor damaged car when dealing with salvaged vehicles.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #37
ssuper44
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

Thumbs down

Beware of this guy from convoy motors Sylvio Gallone. He is a cheater and crook. He betrays ppl with salvage vessels and pretends he sells "perfectly repaired cars...
i had to spend more than 7000 Euro to get the purchased car really perfectly repaired.... could not get a hold of him here in germany.... but everybody who thinks about buying a car from this dude.. STAY AWAY !!
i can show lots of pics who show how he works.... if i would have drove the car on the road, it would have been life dangerous.... hope he will feel some handcuffs soon ....

Last edited by ssuper44; 11-07-2012 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #38
ssuper44
Registered
Germany
Rep

maybe together we have a chance to get him layed... please reply to this message thanks....
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #39
ssuper44
Registered
Germany
Rep

Thumbs down

hallo, ich bin auch mit diesem typ reingefallen.... melde dich mal bitte
hmaxeiner@thema-media.de

danke
lg
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #40
Chrisruf911
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i...not stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawa View Post
Okay I got so damn ripped of that I feel I need to share this with you guys!

Let’s make the story short.
Few months ago I was looking for a BMW 3-serie on ebay, found a guy that was selling one but I passed to buy it. Here comes the BIG mistake I did, I contacted this ebayer by the nick name silviogallone aka Convoy Motors LLC.

Anyways we started to email and he explained he repaired salvage BMW and he did excellent repairs that couldn’t be spotted, he also tested the cars for 2 weeks before he sold them, so that everything worked proper.
So we decided on a car and I gave him a deposit that it would be mine. Anyways one day he emails me that the transmission didn’t work as smooth as it should, so he will need to fix it and the price would be higher because of that. I did not want to pay that price so he would now try to sell it to someone else. I tried to get my deposit back but he refused and said that he must sell the car first and then he would pay me back. Weeks were passing by and he is still working on the transmission and he already has a buyer he told me.

As for now I felt I would not see my deposit that was almost $7k!
So a couple months later he emailed me and told me he had a BMW 3-serie for sale that was loaded with options and had only a few miles on it. It was soon to be finished and it was in "excellent condition", that was his own words. I thought maybe I should take it and maybe not lose my deposit as I felt I would if I wouldn’t get anything (stupid me). So I decided to buy that car and he would get the check for the rest when he delivered the car to the freight company.

Now here comes the BIG surprise of my life.
The car arrives I go and pick it up, I notice FLAT TIRE is symbol is on and the Car service Engine also. I thought what kind of dealer sells a car with warning lights on! Anyways I drive home and try not to think much before I inspect it closer.

I get it home and look it up, I got so pissed of that I understood I got ripped BIG TIME by this Silvio Gallone aka Convoy Motors LLC.
I found so many errors that I couldnt belive there would be someone out there that would sell a car for that price in this condition, it looked as it was repaired by a 5 year old kid. The front bumper and hood was not aligned, could find cracks in paint and see the filler underneath the paint, horrible look! Also one side, both doors were not aligned at all, really looked like sheit. The best of all was the fender were it seemed to been hit, that was really bad repaired with filler that it looked like a kid just thrown some filler balls on the car and no paint after it (I got picture to show you guys).

It doesn’t stop here, no no, I try out some stuff in the car to see if they work, I try the washer and nothing happens, after I step out of the car I finally see where everything goes, everything pours out on the floor by the wheel, NICE! Oh I hit the horn, doesn’t work?! wtf...
Next day I demount the bumper and fender etc and find out that the washing system didn’t have 2 hoses so it was not even connected. And behind the bumper I find that there are only cables and no damn horns installed, I buy and install them and still don’t work, after a few hours I find a broken cable, wow!

Okay this will never stop guys but let me tell you this one too, when I get the car up on the lifts I get another surprise, the whole damn plastic cover that covers the car from under is all missing! So I go and buy all the plastic covers from the rear to the front and when installing them I find out that I even missing a frame that goes from one wheel to the other that stabilize the car and that I need it to attach the plastic!

This story goes on...

So anyways I emailed this Silvio Gallone and tell him what is up, how come he screwed me over like this? I get an email back like 3 weeks later and this is his words "I know the car left in a big rush but still we have no excuses to have delivered a car that needed finishing and details to be done."
Is this guy a joke or what, it left in a rush? What dealer would send a car in this shape, big scammer!

In the last email he wrote "I would like to straight things up with the BMW" after I emailed him there is no more response at all.
Anyways I spent like $4k on parts and $2k on labor to get the car fixed proper, and not even mentioning how much time I had to spend by running around to get everything done.

So I just warn you guys for this dealership or whatever it should be called CONVOY MOTORS LLC aka Silvio Gallone = BIG ASSHOLE!
That sucks. I put a deposit on a car I bought online but I didnt finalize the deal until I saw it in person. The work done the door hinge pillar you have shown a picture of is horrendous. I am a professional bodyman and being "rushed" is no excuse for that.
      07-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #41
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

This?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...t_47114wt_1165

Why not call ebay and work something out with them? Also, why do they still have 100% feedback?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #42
goowatchi
Chairman of the Board.
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuper44 View Post
Hi there, seems i got the same problem.
I got really mugged by this Silvio Gallone. Please reply to get in contact
thanks
Wait, you got GOT by the same guy and you're ALSO in Germany? :thumb down

Is common sense superseded by the thrill of a good deal??
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #43
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Damn, this thread is old ass hell lol
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #44
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Lmao. I'm sorry man lol but I died laughing when I saw that pic! Haha I just don't think how anyone could even buy a salvage car sight unseen....

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0