E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > navi spelling revisited & hidden commands

01-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
poiney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Question navi spelling revisited & hidden commands

My Navi rarely gets my voice recognition correct for street names, so in frustration, I said "spell" and lo and behold I was able to enter letters. I still can't faithfully force Navi to solicit my spelling, but I'm making progress. "Spell" is a command. I learned this by accident.

Yesterday, someone mentioned "Atlas on" to get the map to move.

How many other useful, not-publicized, commands are there? Where is the secret list kept?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Raayman
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320d Touring

Garage List
Did you check out the complete thread that is made sticky at the top of this section? That contains most documented commands and some undocumented:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4802
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
poiney
Captain
Rep

Reviewing that thread I see a lot of red Xs so maybe I'm missing something. But the only hidden command I saw was "Atlas". It's beyond me why owner's manual doesn't include hidden ones since they seem to be as least as useful.

If there is a list compiled with hidden commands, it would be great if someone could point me to that. thx
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
Raayman
Private
Germany
Rep

Garage List
If you see a lot of red Xs you might want to check if you are blocking images or something, because where those Xs are you will normally find screenshots from the manual or lists of commands that users made or found. Try right clicking on one of the Xs and selecting "view image" or something similar because this sounds like a browser problem or perphaps you (or your company) is blocking something on a firewall.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
poiney
Captain
Rep

I got the main docs OK. Are you saying that you don't get any red Xs in that entire thread? I thought that was a result of people not posting correctly. BTW, I want to work where you work!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 06:12 AM   #6
Raayman
Private
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiney View Post
I got the main docs OK. Are you saying that you don't get any red Xs in that entire thread? I thought that was a result of people not posting correctly. BTW, I want to work where you work!
Nope, I can see all of the images correctly.

How did you find out where I work? *lol*
Appreciate 0