E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > How many guys running aftermarket BOV on their auto N54?

06-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #23
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by domrep View Post
+1. 335 you're such an idiot. my Bov holds boost way better than stock DV's. I've also had aftermarket DV's but i like the sound of the BOV. Stop saying stupid shit you dont even understand.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #24
oulaw
Attorney - Will Sue 4 Food
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I have an Injen dual cone intake and AA BOV. Is there any way to adjust the AA BOV so that I don't have to have one of the two cones out of position? The shop had to turn one of the cones to the side where it is not getting hit from air from the injen scoop...ready to switch BOVs and sell the AA BOV, it just donsnt look right

04' 350Z Enthusiast: HKS Exhaust, DC Sports Ceramic Headers, TopSpeed Test Pipes, UR Crank Pulley, Tokico HP Shocks/Springs, Motordyne 5/16 Plenum Spacer, K&N Filter
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #25
UFGatorGuy20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 SG 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMissDaisy View Post
Just to sum everything up. Only reason to change it on an auto, is because the stock is no longer working. If you are looking for sound, you are SOL, and will only get some of it. Auto's don't close there throttle plate during shifts so technically there is nothing to blow off. On an Manual the throttle plate closes during shifts so you need to get rid of that extra air so it doesn't go back through the turbo.
True... if you stay WOT. But, with my steptronic, I keep it in 2nd or 3rd, give it gas and just let off. Wouldn't that activate a similar sound as a manual between shifts?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #26
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorGuy20 View Post
True... if you stay WOT. But, with my steptronic, I keep it in 2nd or 3rd, give it gas and just let off. Wouldn't that activate a similar sound as a manual between shifts?
Yes, but why would you drive like that? You could also hear it if you were stopped and revved the engine and let off the gas. But you would not hear it while driving normally. Only a MT will have an audible blowoff with normal driving.
      07-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #27
UFGatorGuy20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 SG 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
Yes, but why would you drive like that? You could also hear it if you were stopped and revved the engine and let off the gas. But you would not hear it while driving normally. Only a MT will have an audible blowoff with normal driving.
Neighborhood driving... heavy congested traffic in Orlando. Driving is almost always stop and go around here when I'm out and about (rush hour). It's fun to roll start in 2nd gear, give it a little gas and just let off as you pull closer to traffic. I like to hear the nice exhaust note and the engine a bit.
Appreciate 0