E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > ATLANTA = Frozen Apocalyptic Wasteland?

02-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #111
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
That's some of the dumbest sh*t I've read in a long time. It's dangerous to come into work, so if you stay home, even though you are FULLY capable working from home, they would count it as vacation time?

Another work environment where there is zero trust in the employees. Awful.
I agree in what you just said. But, I can see both sides. Even though we are capable of working from home we aren't encouraged. But since we are salaried I do feel that we should be paid the same per pay period. By forcing us to stay home or go home because of inclement weather wasn't my choice so (I believe) I should be paid for it, but freely taking off work to go somewhere or just stay home for a day, yes I should use vacation hours. We have a pay code for inclement weather but it has to be approved of using by upper management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I agree with all of that...

...even the vacation time...

contractors and/or employees working in the oil/gas business can't just bill the client hours for not coming into work - I mean, because you essentially didn't do any work...

whoever feels it's not safe to come into work, won't. it's as simple as that, but don't expect to put 8 or 10 hours on your timesheet for NOT coming in those hours.....
I agree with this, you're right no work would be completed most likely. But, like I said, I see both sides. So in the end I am fine with whatever they choose for me to do.

This situation management allowed us to claim inclement weather and we didn't have to use vacation time.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #112
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
Yes, Farley.
Safe guess as it is the closest to Dothan.

We are in there periodically for a variety of projects. One I was dealing with was a sequence of events recorder. But that was years ago and our sales engineer out of Mobile handles that territory.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #113
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Safe guess as it is the closest to Dothan
We are in there periodically for a variety of projects. One I was dealing with was a sequence of events recorder. But that was years ago and our sales engineer out of Mobile handles that territory.
Yeah, we only have 3 sites in our fleet, 2 in GA and Farley here in AL
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #114
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
This situation management allowed us to claim inclement weather and we didn't have to use vacation time.
good deal
Appreciate 0