E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner for BIMMER

09-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
evicfinite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW

Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner for BIMMER

anyone ever use this product for your BMW 3 series/BMW?

any good to use it, my 3 series has 23k miles on it. probably dont need it, but always good thing to use if it could make the engine better.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

I read that some people use it and its a good product. Will have to get some myself
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Pretty much all gasolines from the major manufacturers will have additives (cleaners, detergents) to keep the fuel system clean. If you continuously use fuels from the major gasoline manufacturers than utilizing a fuel cleaner additive will yield little to no results (unless you convince yourself that you can "feel" the difference because you've spend the money)

Also, a lot of these additives target cleaning the injectors and the valves. If you have a DI car there will be even less returns since the fuel will never come in contact with the top of your valves in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
TotalPower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Vert AW

fuel refineries meet the MINIMUM standards. Have you ever burned gasoline on a petree(sp?) dish? It leaves carbon residue. Do you have black smudges on your exahust within a few days of a wash? It's because the fuel isn't burning completely.

Additives are used to alter viscosity, flash point, cetane/octane, evaporation, stability, corrosion, etc. Look up the World Wide Fuel Charter and then tell us that additives are bad.

Every engine manufacturer has signed it in agreement that there is large room for improvements in fuels.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=chevron
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyplaynazn View Post
Pretty much all gasolines from the major manufacturers will have additives (cleaners, detergents) to keep the fuel system clean. If you continuously use fuels from the major gasoline manufacturers than utilizing a fuel cleaner additive will yield little to no results (unless you convince yourself that you can "feel" the difference because you've spend the money)

Also, a lot of these additives target cleaning the injectors and the valves. If you have a DI car there will be even less returns since the fuel will never come in contact with the top of your valves in the first place.
I disagree. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=chevron
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Let me tell you what we do. I'll try some cleaner on my M3 since it's not direct injected and has a rough idle and see if the idle gets any better. LOL.
Appreciate 0