E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Leaking greenish fluid, damn... or is it?

04-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Deve_
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Leaking greenish fluid, damn... or is it?

So, here I am about 4 months into not only my first BMW, but luxury car. Enjoying damn near every aspect of it, except some of the over-engineers nuances.

Not here to incite though, rather looking for some help.

Out I stumble to the edge of my driveway to put the trash out, on the way back up the hill I notice a fluid leaking under the car. I'm not talking about a small puddle, rather a stream 2-3 inches wide from front to end. This thing had been leaking all day, since I hadn't driven it in 20 some hours.

I hop in the car, throw it in neutral (instead of starting it, fearing the worst) and push it back some. There it is, green fluid, leaking from near the radiator and now I'm busy thinking how this is really going to screw up my Monday.

Naturally, I feel inclined to give it the finger texture/sniff test. It passes. "WTF" I think to myself.

Tracing the leak to its source, I discovered this. Much to my relief this windshield washer fluid leak is nothing more than an inconvenience.
Attachment 842564

I am hoping someone might be able to tell me how many pieces this section of the pump/hose comes in. Is it just the elbow, the white clip, or some clamp I am not seeing?

As a note, the pump is still working, its just a drip, drip, drip leak from that section of hose connection to the headlamp sprayer.

I have tooled around on realoem and don't have the Haynes part book.

Any help would be greater appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by Deve_; 04-07-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0