E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aussie Bmw Dealerships (black List)

10-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #133
BBQWER
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDee View Post
If I get the feeling they are sensing the "too young" thing again may have to drop the Platinum Amex and a wad of cash and see if that picks up their game. Its worked before
Oh Yes, samething happen to me. Tell them the price that you want, and you are ready to make deposit today. if they dont want it, just walk away.
Show them your credit card, and they will think twice before say NO to you.
Goodluck
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 08:53 PM   #134
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I have had far better service at Toyota twice before, Subaru once before, whereas Honda and now BMW were pathetic.

I know it all comes down to one person, to tarnish that location, and seriously it was pathetic and this team member has let the team down. The best part is the Customer Relations Officer emailed me today to see how I was progressing with my thoughts on the car. So may shoot off an email to him.

Who said anything about sabbotage ? I was stating that if I was the salesperson with a customer driving and the turbo dies, I would be re-assuring the customer much more than "I dunno, I'll get the service guy to have a look at it"

As for "what goes around comes around" I haven't asked much of the salesperson. I didn't even talk about price on the day he gave me RRP we both agreed to talk about price tomorrow after the day long test drive. To ring me and offer me a 325i test drive is pointless!

I don't expect faultless service, I would give this guy at Doncaster 1/10, I am happy with 8/10

Will report back tomororw on the next dealership I go to and if they are serious about the sale. If I get the feeling they are sensing the "too young" thing again may have to drop the Platinum Amex and a wad of cash and see if that picks up their game. Its worked before
I dunno mate, but seriously I wouldn't take too kindly if I was the sales person to YOU giving me advice and critising how I do my job, even if you don't agree with it. It's not the best way to get the most out of someone or have them go the extra yard for you.

As others have said, your buying a BMW, that's it. It's not the be all and end all of automotive experience. The guy falling asleep is a piss poor effort I agree and having the car fail on a test drive isn't a real good feeling.

I can't help think that your expecting too much, I doubt your younger than me. Perhaps you are, but I've never had that kind of problem when buying a car, I try it as easy an experience for the sales guy as possible. Essentially he has goods I'm interested in, I don't care about getting everything my way and none the other way, I just want a fair deal and not feel like I've been pumped by a dealer who's going to not move on his price but want my car for $20k under redbook value and what I can sell it privately for.

Throwing a platnium card down on the counter "to make them think twice" as you put it isn't really going to impress anyone. There is always someone with more money, a better house, faster more expensive car, boat, jet etc etc whatever. A platnium card just means you can afford the interest payments on the card, nothing more.

Perhaps try Meneres? I hear they aren't too bad in Melbourne by all accounts, and sorry you've had such a shit experience. I agree wholeheartedly with you that a bad sales person or experience can not only turn you off a dealership, but the brand itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 02:50 AM   #135
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I dunno mate, but seriously I wouldn't take too kindly if I was the sales person to YOU giving me advice and critising how I do my job, even if you don't agree with it. It's not the best way to get the most out of someone or have them go the extra yard for you.
Thanks for agreeing with me, as I said after getting pretty much no-where with Doncaster and then having the cheek to ring me and offer me a sub-standard extended test drive, I feel I have the right to tell them where to go

My post below details my much better experience today !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 02:52 AM   #136
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Well, today was interesting!!!!

First dealership I went into assumed I was after a 2nd hand 335i, he rudely told me that "the 335i has only been out 4 months, there are no 2nd hand ones yet... I corrected him on both counts, told him I was after a new one and walked out"

Now for the good story!

Bib Stillwell BMW - Prahran 10/10 for top service and top staff members.

Walked in there and decided to ask for some assistance at reception, the lovely lady instructed me to have a look around and she would get someone to help me.

Within 30 seconds the Sales Manager had given me his business card introduced himself, and found out exactly what I was after and started to organise a vehicle for a test drive. He then passed me across to one of his sales guys and we started having a good chat about colours, options, other brands I have looked at etc etc. They were both fantastic and knew their stuff.

The test drive was about 30 mins, but the whole time the salesperson was talking about the features and pointing everythign out to me. I found out so many facts about the car that I wasn't aware of.

Doncaster on the other hand failed to point out many of the features of the car during the test drive, and as I said feel asleep...

Back inside, we started the process, and in the end I got a very good price, around $10K off what the RRP would be, and outstanding customer service from both the salesperson and the Sales Manager.

Well done to Bib Stillwell Prahran

10/10 in fact !!!!

I have the 335i for an extended test drive for one or two days next week as well

Deposit paid, car due week commencing 17th March.

The countdown has began
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:25 AM   #137
AnthonyB
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 20d, Alpine White

Quote:
Well, today was interesting!!!!

The countdown has began
WAHOO - congratulations AndDee... Please you found a dealer that at least behaved "professionally".
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:48 AM   #138
manyways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport

Good to hear ur satisfied with the dealership at bib stillwell, thats where i ended up getting mine from.

i had problems at Doncaster as well.

Now the wait begins!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:53 AM   #139
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks to both of you

As i said I didn't expect the world from a dealer but today all my expectations were exceeded!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:57 AM   #140
manyways
Private First Class
Rep

so what did u end up getting? details?

and did u sort out the suspension? on the 335 coupe brochure it states M-Sport suspension is std, can be deleted if u want....that should've raised it 15mm i think
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 04:20 AM   #141
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

2008 335i Coupe Auto - Jan 08 Production, possibly Feb 08 and that may push delivery dates out

Sapphire Black
Black Leather interior
Haven't decided on the woodgrain colour yet, may be the Poplar
Sunroof
Folding Mirrors
USB Audio Interface
Anthracite Roof Lining
Floor Mats
2 Years free servcing
Standard 18inch wheels

The contract is dependant on the car going up my driveway, I am getting the car next week for a couple of days to test it. The rear of it and the exhaust actually appears higher by about 60mm than my Suby at the moment so it should be fine! Then I will decide if I need to have the car raised by 15mm or left as standard
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 04:31 AM   #142
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sweet dude, congrats! And if the car doesn't fit, just move house!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 05:54 AM   #143
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Bib Stillwell BMW - Prahran 10/10 for top service and top staff members.
Ahhhh memories....I stayed in Prahran a few years ago when I went to the Grand Prix. Nice place with good restaurants and a great food hall.

Quote:

The countdown has began
March 2008????

That's a long wait but well worth it Andee.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 05:59 AM   #144
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
Ahhhh memories....I stayed in Prahran a few years ago when I went to the Grand Prix. Nice place with good restaurants and a great food hall.

March 2008????

That's a long wait but well worth it Andee.

Cheers.
158 days
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 06:10 AM   #145
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Also should add that the lovely salesperson never walked off on me or left me alone. Held every door open for me and was VERY eager to close the deal today.

Also saw a brand new M3 downstairs as well
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #146
manyways
Private First Class
Rep

yeah you missed the run for the year

my prod was mid-feb 07, got here start of may....so u'd be looking at those dates as a rough indication

i ordered in nov

i might pop in and have a look at the m3s......wouldnt mind a sedan version tho, have to wait a while
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #147
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

The M3 looked sensational and sounded VERY VERY nice!

The dealer was trying a big push on the MSports package which for $2600 seemed pretty good to me, as it means a lower front scoup/grille I again need to check my driveway height before having another look at it:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/kojo/441...ports-package/

There is probably a better link but that's the first one that google found for me!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #148
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
awesome, congrats on the purchase!
      10-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #149
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks, I was amazed by the professionalism of Bib Stillwell Prahan. Looking back at it now I should have walked out of Doncaster and told them where to go alot earlier!

The salesperson was prepared to go the extra mile to get the sale on the day, heck I wasn't even thinking about signing the deal yesterday, but he was very good at his job, and gave me very close to the price which I was realistically expecting!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #150
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Thanks, I was amazed by the professionalism of Bib Stillwell Prahan. Looking back at it now I should have walked out of Doncaster and told them where to go alot earlier!

The salesperson was prepared to go the extra mile to get the sale on the day, heck I wasn't even thinking about signing the deal yesterday, but he was very good at his job, and gave me very close to the price which I was realistically expecting!
and that my friend makes it a Win-Win. Congratulations on the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #151
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
and that my friend makes it a Win-Win. Congratulations on the purchase.
Exactly right, I loved the way you can make the seats wrap around you more, and the chilled area in the centre console for a can

The salesperson knew the car inside out and deserved the sale and no doubt the nice commission
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 04:08 AM   #152
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
You've choosen a great car - hope it fits your driveway.

It's gonna be hard waiting till March though.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 05:13 AM   #153
BBQWER
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

Its a long time to wait until March. 5 Months to go.
I think i wait 5 months as well, the hardest part is when getting closer to the due date, it feels like 1 day = 1 month

anyway, went to motor show today, BMW Concept CS is Unbeliveable. Best Car at Motor Show
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 05:25 AM   #154
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
...and the chilled area in the centre console for a can
we used to have a chilled compartment in one of our cars, was awesome!