E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Upgrading Headlights

04-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
LloydJr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 325I E90

Upgrading Headlights

So much chatter on this forum about which halos are better or brighter. I have the factory halogens and looking to upgrade to halos. Not looking to blind oncoming traffic with the ultra bright headlights, simply looking to have my headlights upgraded to the new look, with halo noticeability in bright sun light. From what I've seen the factory halos are better/brighter than the former OE halogens. That's good enough for me.

Any sugestions on a pair of headligths for an 06 E90 325I?. I'm very handy with tools (just replaced the engine in my other driver), but l'm looking for a set with the "decoder"/ plug-and-play.

If you respond with a set FS (vendor or private) I'm going to do my research on the brand, functionality and dependability before pulling the trigger.

Paypal ready!!!.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Tone90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydJr View Post
So much chatter on this forum about which halos are better or brighter. I have the factory halogens and looking to upgrade to halos. Not looking to blind oncoming traffic with the ultra bright headlights, simply looking to have my headlights upgraded to the new look, with halo noticeability in bright sun light. From what I've seen the factory halos are better/brighter than the former OE halogens. That's good enough for me.

Any sugestions on a pair of headligths for an 06 E90 325I?. I'm very handy with tools (just replaced the engine in my other driver), but l'm looking for a set with the "decoder"/ plug-and-play.

If you respond with a set FS (vendor or private) I'm going to do my research on the brand, functionality and dependability before pulling the trigger.

Paypal ready!!!.

I second that. I want the same upgrade for the same car.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

DIY. Plenty of them around here and they'll give you the best look/lighting.
      04-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
uber
uber driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

Hi Lloyd, I think you should do a bit more research because your terminology is definitely off. If you want an upgraded lighting system that uses HID bulbs projected through projector headlights, you could look for Pre-LCI bixenon headlights w/ all the necessary parts like ballast, etc or you could retrofit your own projectors and angel eyes.

Going the Pre-Lci bixenon will require some coding but it would probably be the quickest and easiest for you.

If you want angel eyes only, while keeping halogen lights, you could get LCI halogens which are plug and play, but the angel eyes are very dim no matter what LED you use due to the limitations of the optics.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
RichardBoehner
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I am in the same situation, I just don't want to fork over $1000 to do this. I'd like to spend around $300, is this even possible? I've found some options from protuninglab.com but I'm not sure if they are reputable. Someone provide us with some insight!
      04-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominators View Post
Hi Lloyd, I think you should do a bit more research because your terminology is definitely off. If you want an upgraded lighting system that uses HID bulbs projected through projector headlights, you could look for Pre-LCI bixenon headlights w/ all the necessary parts like ballast, etc or you could retrofit your own projectors and angel eyes.

Going the Pre-Lci bixenon will require some coding but it would probably be the quickest and easiest for you.

If you want angel eyes only, while keeping halogen lights, you could get LCI halogens which are plug and play, but the angel eyes are very dim no matter what LED you use due to the limitations of the optics.
what this guy said.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Get the LCI Halogens and shell out an additional 170 for LUX angel eyes... They are absolutely perfect. What a big difference they make. Shouldnt cost more than 5-600 after installing both items
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
McAuley7
@McAuley7
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Garage List
2010 335i  [9.00]
Now if u get the lux angels can you change it to the led bulb?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
LloydJr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 325I E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominators View Post

Thanks for the feedback. I do need to figure this out because my OE halogens are not cutting it.
Nevertheless, hopefully someone (vendor) can point me in the right direction.
I want to pull the halogens out and replacement them with updated lights found in the 328s, 330s (post halogen standards OE) thats all. If it takes some coding so be it.
Appreciate 0