E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > GIAC S2 which fuel to use?

12-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
cent778
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335

GIAC S2 which fuel to use?

Elf turbo Evo:

APPLICATIONS

* Complies with the FIA regulation.
* Especially blended for turbochared engines.
* ELF TurboEvo has been designed to obtain optimal power from engines by relying on a wider selection of olefins that increase combustion speeds to esnure greater power.
* Elf TurboEvo offers the best knock resistance and speed of combustion of all fuels which comply to CAMS schedule G "unleaded Racing Fuel".

RECOMMENDATIONS

* Air Fuel Ration: 13.57
* The best mapping concerning air/fuel equivalence ratio (1.25 to 1.30), supercharging pressure and ignition advance will give optimum results.
* Air/fuel ratio must absolutely be checked and re-tuned if necessary because of the extremely high density and oxygen content of ELF TurboEvo compared to the usual commercial pump fuel quality.
* In order to maintain the original properties, and according to Health and Safety regulations of commercial fuels, this gasoline shall be handled and stored in a cool place and always maintained in tightly shut drums.

OR

Elf Performance (Perfo 105)

The new fuel on the block, potentially the best unleaded fuel in the world (16% oxygen content!)

Drum sizes available: 50litre
Applications

* Designed to compete with North American produced fuels hence it ingores the FIA regulations.
* This fuel has the highest octane rating possible for unleaded fuel
* This is the perfect fuel for the competitor who wants to win
* Especially blended with high oxygen content, this is the first fuel in the world to offer 16% oxygen.
* As of June 2009 no other unleaded fuel comes close to the specs Perfo 105
* High RON and MON numbers will impress those who are obsessed with octane rating (RON + MON / 2) which = 105.5
* Impressive torque and horsepower gains for any race engine.

Reccomendations

* Get this fuel tested on a dyno!

My main concern is that the GIAC stage 2 tune might not allow for fuels that are so oxygen enriched.

Ideally I should be running S2+ but at around $6 per liter of fuel its not the most economical choice in mods.

Would this mean my AFR with go off the charts.

Sorry for the noob questions, and any advice is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0