E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Traction Control Light And Brake Light On Dash Cruise Control Doesnt Work !!!!!

07-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Mich2426
Rep
Drives: BMW 328I

Traction Control Light And Brake Light On Dash Cruise Control Doesnt Work !!!!!

so on way back from a long 10 hour trip my trifect of lights came on for the abs system came on so i took it to a local mechanic that deal with european cars and they came down to conclusion that it is a abs module so i got a used one and they put it in everything works fine but when i went to pick up my car the traction control light and brake light is on and my cruise control doesnt work. the week before that i hit my car on a curb and the roads in nc are soo bad theres alot of pot holes so i was just wondering if a bad wheel alignment would trigger the traction control light and brake light and disable my cruise control. ANYONE THAT HAS GONE THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEM PLEASE MESSAGE ME HOW YOU FIXED IT.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Wheel speed sensor.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 02:12 AM   #3
Mich2426
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Wheel speed sensor.
we checked all the wheel speed sensor woth the live data and all lf them record the right speed. would a bad alignment trigger the traction control light because my tires do need to be aligned
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich2426 View Post
we checked all the wheel speed sensor woth the live data and all lf them record the right speed. would a bad alignment trigger the traction control light because my tires do need to be aligned
An alignment issue will not cause this problem. If the repair facility replaced the ABS unit and the same problem exists, then either the ABS module you installed was also defective, or it wasn't coded properly when installed. The car is not getting the proper wheel speed data, which is why the ABS and traction control lights are on.

You say you hit a curb. How hard? What wheel? Do you know the car is out of alignment, or are you just assuming because you curbed it? If you drove 10 hours and then the trifecta lights came on, so if your alignment was out so bad as to affect wheel speed, you'd have serious tire wear. Do you have serious tire wear after the curb incident? Last question... was it raining when the lights came on during the 10-hour trip and when the shop later checked the wheel speed sensors, was it dry outside?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
Mich2426
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
An alignment issue will not cause this problem. If the repair facility replaced the ABS unit and the same problem exists, then either the ABS module you installed was also defective, or it wasn't coded properly when installed. The car is not getting the proper wheel speed data, which is why the ABS and traction control lights are on.

You say you hit a curb. How hard? What wheel? Do you know the car is out of alignment, or are you just assuming because you curbed it? If you drove 10 hours and then the trifecta lights came on, so if your alignment was out so bad as to affect wheel speed, you'd have serious tire wear. Do you have serious tire wear after the curb incident? Last question... was it raining when the lights came on during the 10-hour trip and when the shop later checked the wheel speed sensors, was it dry outside?
the bad wheel alignment has been happening for a while but i never got a chance to get it realigned on my 10 hour trip i hit accouple pot holes and i just replaced my tires but my previous tires where bad
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #6
Mich2426
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich2426 View Post
the bad wheel alignment has been happening for a while but i never got a chance to get it realigned on my 10 hour trip i hit accouple pot holes and i just replaced my tires but my previous tires where bad
it wasnt raining at all because i have seen a thread on here with the same lights and indications as mines and they said when they got there wheel alignment the lights went away
Appreciate 0