E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth nozzle adapters question. Vishnu nozzles to snow performance pump? pump

04-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
CarbonDuc27
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i, Duc M750, 05Mada

Meth nozzle adapters question. Vishnu nozzles to snow performance pump? pump

So I decided to buy the Vishnu charge pipe. Love the one piece design and large diameter. Got it all bolted up but failed to realize that the methanol taps are smaller than my current cm10 nozzle I am using.

So my question is.... what do I need to use dual Vishnu/Aquamist nozzles with my current snow performance pump?

I am guessing I need dual 1mm nozzles from vishnu/aquamist to match my cm10 flow rate. then I would need a t-adapter/splitter to run to my pump. I am just not sure of sizes/diameters etc.

And where can I buy everything. thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonDuc27 View Post
So I decided to buy the Vishnu charge pipe. Love the one piece design and large diameter. Got it all bolted up but failed to realize that the methanol taps are smaller than my current cm10 nozzle I am using.

So my question is.... what do I need to use dual Vishnu/Aquamist nozzles with my current snow performance pump?

I am guessing I need dual 1mm nozzles from vishnu/aquamist to match my cm10 flow rate. then I would need a t-adapter/splitter to run to my pump. I am just not sure of sizes/diameters etc.

And where can I buy everything. thanks
You'd be using a 6mm/~0.25" hose coming out of your pump. It needs to be reduced down to 4mm to fit on Aquamist nozzles. So you will need a tee (for 2 nozzles) and a reducer. With our PWM meth kit, the ID is effectively reduced with the injection solenoid (6mm inlet, 4mm outlet). But unfortunately, that doesn't do you any good. If you give a call to Jeff Howerton (www.howertonengineering.com), he will probably have the fitting you need to make this work.

Worst case scenario, you can unscrew one of the two bung adapters that are screwed (and loctite'd) in the pipe. You should be able to screw your CM nozzles into it. If the hole is too loose, you will need to drill and tap another hole in the pipe.

But ideally, you will be better off with running dual 1.0mm Aquamist nozzles since they will atomize much better than the single CM10 nozzle.

Hope that helps...
shiv
Appreciate 0