E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Progress - DP Dyno

07-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
The Ghost
Reborn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Progress - DP Dyno

Setup is the same as the last time with the exception of the Raceland DPs and autotuning:

PROcede, 93 octane, 2.5" DPs, CXRacing FMIC, 90F shop temps.

I wish this test was scientific and only showed the DP gains, but since I am now autotuning, the boost has changed. Before it was 13.x, but now it is 14.x in a good bit of the chart. The top end boost is about the same. The timing was actually higher on the previous dyno

My numbers have always seemed lower than those on here, but speaking with the people there, they've found that it reads 15% lower than another local Mustang Dyno. Having done a compression test and getting them all within 1 psi (179psi), I'm confident the engine is strong. YMMV.
  • First graph shows two runs from today (I did three total). One has the highest peak numbers, the other is smoother.
  • The second image shows now vs before w/o DPs (and with old maps), using the lowest of today's runs (by 10wtq).

Next-up:
  • Intake test
  • Baseline on another dyno
  • 2.5" to 3" DP test (if i can find one to test)
  • Meth
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
SSIMPS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

What agression level are you at?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
wardvette
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C6 Corvette

Nice gains but, as you said, it would be nice if the DPs were the only variable. How was the installation of the Racelands?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
The Ghost
Reborn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iSB View Post
What agression level are you at?
I didn't log it. I'll do some more logs and dyno with an intake soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardvette View Post
Nice gains but, as you said, it would be nice if the DPs were the only variable. How was the installation of the Racelands?
The installation wasn't bad. One fit perfectly, the other was off-angle by a few degrees. I had to unbolt the catback brace, install the DP using two gaskets (Autozone carries ones that fit for less than $2), then bolt it all together. Decent DPs for $200 shipped.

Here are a few pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0