E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Car on order?

12-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT

Car on order?

So I ordered my car last week. I now find out that they will not start building it until the third week of January. The lease agreement, shows the car being Jet Black, I ordered an M Sport with BSM. When I plug in my order online, it tells me Jet Black /saddle. My CA assure me , that it takes a few days until it lists the right car . I even called another dealership, they told me my vin corresponds to a vehicle they have on there lot now, a jet black/black with leatherette. The other dealership also tells me, they have no order in for any cars that fit my description. Should I be worried here? I sold my other car last week. I wonder what is going on here. Maybe I am worrying for nothing. Is this normal?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts335coupe View Post
So I ordered my car last week. I now find out that they will not start building it until the third week of January. The lease agreement, shows the car being Jet Black, I ordered an M Sport with BSM. When I plug in my order online, it tells me Jet Black /saddle. My CA assure me , that it takes a few days until it lists the right car . I even called another dealership, they told me my vin corresponds to a vehicle they have on there lot now, a jet black/black with leatherette. The other dealership also tells me, they have no order in for any cars that fit my description. Should I be worried here? I sold my other car last week. I wonder what is going on here. Maybe I am worrying for nothing. Is this normal?
Owners Circle does take a few days to list the correct configuration. If I am not wrong, you will not get your VIN until after production has begun. If they will not start building the car until January, you should have nothing more than a production number. This is based on my experience, back in 2007. It may be different now.

However, a car that is scheduled for Jan 2010 production cannot have the same VIN as a car that is on a dealers lot in the US. Something isn't right.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
Owners Circle does take a few days to list the correct configuration. If I am not wrong, you will not get your VIN until after production has begun. If they will not start building the car until January, you should have nothing more than a production number. This is based on my experience, back in 2007. It may be different now.

However, a car that is scheduled for Jan 2010 production cannot have the same VIN as a car that is on a dealers lot in the US. Something isn't right.
Yeah the one thing the raises a red flag is the fact that my lease agreement shows a Vin number assigned to a different car.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Eternum
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
It may be different now.
Nothing is different now. BMW USA web site still lags 2-4 days behind with info updates.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Eights-n-Aces
[]D []-[] []_[] []< []\[] []_[] ']['
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible/Le Mans Blue/

Garage List
There's no way they could give you a VIN on a car that hasn't been produced yet. All you should have now is a Production Order Number (7 digits).
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep

The whole thing seemed odd, I went in there today and decide not to take any chances on not getting the holiday cash and ended up with the same car I ordered by black int, plus some other options and the full bmw perf package. Comes in next week.
Appreciate 0