E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HPFP replacement WITHOUT software update?

03-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
zmt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Model 3 RWD, van

Question HPFP replacement WITHOUT software update?

Hi everyone, I just got my car back from the shop for the HPFP (HDP) recall. I thought they were supposed to reprogram your car as well as replace the pump? My key read shows that I've got the following software integration: E89X-07-03-515, which means progman 25.0.1 from what I've seen. Has anyone else had the recall performed and NOT had their software updated? Any way to convince the dealer that they should update my software?

(I really want to get the progman-ISTA/P updated on my car because it fixes a bluetooth issue I'm experiencing currently)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
rubdom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmt View Post
Hi everyone, I just got my car back from the shop for the HPFP (HDP) recall. I thought they were supposed to reprogram your car as well as replace the pump? My key read shows that I've got the following software integration: E89X-07-03-515, which means progman 25.0.1 from what I've seen. Has anyone else had the recall performed and NOT had their software updated? Any way to convince the dealer that they should update my software?

(I really want to get the progman-ISTA/P updated on my car because it fixes a bluetooth issue I'm experiencing currently)
Just got mine replaced today and I dont think they reprogramed. How do I read my key to find out?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

i brought mine in for the recall work... they performed 2 of the three... the programming didnt occur... since my last update had the pump primeing addition.

there's always reasons why the software can be updated... down the road if you want to just go back and say xyz and they'll update it.

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0