E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Leather help

09-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Datsik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

Leather help

I bought my car about 6 months back, CPO from BMW. One of the small things that was wrong with it was some little scratches in the leather on the passenger seat. Didn't really think to much of it at the time, but seeing it everyday annoys me now; I'm very OCD about things like this as I'm sure some of you are to. The question is, does anyone know a good way to deal with this or if it's covered under warranty, car still has the factory 50,000 mile warranty. I've heard of some people geting their seats fixed under factory warranty, but I'm not sure if this would qualify. Thanks for the help.

09-13-2013, 04:49 AM   #2
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

For coated or finished leather the scratch is usually in the urethane topcoat. Use a light abrasive finishing paper (3k grit) if the scratch is deeper proceed as above and once the scratch is removed replace the topcoat

(Swisswax Leather Glaze) reducing signs of wear, this colourless, protective topcoat layer protects leather, keeping it looking 'as new'.

An extract from a TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article “Proper Finished Leather Cleaning and Care” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ning-care.html

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Articles, these informational resources contain everything you’ll ever want to know about automotive detailing and are an invaluable addition to your detailing knowledge base -. http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...yperlinks.html

Appreciate 0