E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Advice needed!

01-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
gaith
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335xi

Exclamation Advice needed!

Hello,

I am new to the forum, its great to see such a great amount of
love for the E92. I have driving my car for about 8 years now and its been great ( Thank God). I have been having Tail light issues for the past couple of months and would very grateful for advice as to how I could fix it. My right brake tail light sensor keeps coming up on the dash. Even though i have replaced the light bulbs. Is there anything that I can do to fix it. I have checked the housing and everything works. I have switched it and it works fine. Could there any issues with wiring. Your input would be greatly appreciative.

Gaith
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
n55jb4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi 2007 Auto

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but you can just code out that error check and it won't bother you anymore. I'm using Carly BMW adapter and app - it's very easy to do it, app is self explanatory. It's around $100 for adapter and App, but it will come handy in the future should you have any issues with your car (it can diagnose, delete errors, code, monitor etc.).
That been said it's usually either a resistance is build up somewhere (maybe bad grounding or maybe due to weather temp change some socket contacts got lose) or it's a bad bulb (some bulbs still throw codes even if they work). Sometimes it's a second bulb for hard breaking, have you checked all bulbs? Try changing bulbs from left to right side and read codes using stalk to see if this will affect it
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #3
gaith
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335xi

Smile

Thank you very much, Ill check it out.
Appreciate 0