E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Do you guys pay huge "diagnostic" fees before having work done?

03-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Do you guys pay huge "diagnostic" fees before having work done?

This is a bit of a rant but I have been trying to have VO for bluetooth added to my car with a MULF2. Pretty much every shop in town said it was impossible or they didn't know how or they didn't have a computer that could do it lol. So I called a shop out of town that codes cars. They wanted 109 dollars to tell me they could add the VO. Then if they could not I just lost 109 dollars. Then if they could they wanted another 130 dollars to add the VO.. So over 200 dollars to enable a VO on a car

I felt like I was getting scammed. I called him out on it saying why do you need an hour of labor to do that. I can give you a spec sheets to my car and you can see the module in my car. That should be enough for a yes or no and do the work. He just said he had to put a guy on it...Then he went off saying they are one of the best coding shops in the US. I know how easy it is to add a VO don't act like it is rocket science. The whole process should take less than an hour of labor.

But thankfully I found someone on here that is going to help me out
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
ak_47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M PACKAGE - 1989 325is

Having an experience with this now..I hear some rattling from my exhaust/wastegates and the dealer (Beverly hills bmw) is trying to charge me close to $200 for a diagnostic on my vehicle, and i just bought the CPO car on Friday of last week and is under warranty (not service.)

NOT happy to say the least..good luck!
Appreciate 0