E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Saphire Black, Saddle Brown, but which Trim?

View Poll Results: Which trim for saddle brown with saphire black?
Walnut 35 44.30%
Grey Poplar 27 34.18%
Light Poplar 17 21.52%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

02-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #23
udm
Austria
Rep
Drives: CLK W209

Which trim is this from Doc T's pictures? I'm not really sure, cause it looks lighter than walnut but darker than light poplar. Just can't figure it out for sure, but I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc T View Post
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #24
Doc T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by udm View Post
Which trim is this from Doc T's pictures? I'm not really sure, cause it looks lighter than walnut but darker than light poplar. Just can't figure it out for sure, but I like it.
It`s light poplar, stunning with saddlebrown and anthracit roof.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #25
udm
Austria
Rep
Drives: CLK W209

Wow, I'm really starting to fall in love with the light poplar and saddle, even though it is currently last in the poll. I really wonder how many people saw that combination in real.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #26
drkeng
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 'vert Tanz Blue

If you won't go aluminum, the light poplar seems to "go" more with the saddle.
Good luck!

BTW, if you want to see the poll results before you vote, just view the website without logging in; this didn't influence me, I was just logged out from inactivity and the poll results show.
      02-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #27
vkk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 328xi coupe

Hey, the 3rd pic you posted is my car so I'm for walnut. In my opinion, it's very hard to capture the real thing and I was torn b/w walnut and poplar but after seeing it in person my doubts went away. The walnut is not so bright that it dominates the leather (unless you want the trip to stand out over the upholstery) but has a brown that is elegant and compliments the brown of the leather. I was really happy seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udm View Post
Thany you very much for your comments so far. Here are some pictures of saddle brown with each trim. At the moment I agree with fahrhaus, at the moment I also prefer the light poplar, but I haven't seen any of these combinations on real car yet.

For me it is also interesting, that saddle looks different on every picture. It seems really difficult to catch the original color.

1. Picture: Light Poplar
2. Picture: Grey Poplar
3. Picture: Walnut

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45881
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187322
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #28
drit_diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

I've seen the light poplar/saddle interior in person and i didnt like it at all. The trim was a lot lighter than the leather and looked cheap in my opinion. I'd go with either the walnut or the grey poplar.. I'm getting the grey poplar with saddle on an AW 335 coupe...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #29
Lost Horizon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435 MPPK+1970 XKE OTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drit_diesel View Post
I've seen the light poplar/saddle interior in person and i didnt like it at all. The trim was a lot lighter than the leather and looked cheap in my opinion. I'd go with either the walnut or the grey poplar.. I'm getting the grey poplar with saddle on an AW 335 coupe...
I tend to agree on the light poplar/saddle.. starts to get a bit too carnival and busy..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #30
divots
Rep
Drives: E93

I had originally ordered an E93 in plat bronze over saddle with the burl walnut trim but had second thoughts after seeing walnut and poplar trims side by side in saddle E92's and subsequently changed to the light poplar...I wanted a break in the dark dash especially considering the E93's anthracite headliner although the Euro piano black trim would have been hard to take a pass on...I already have aluminum trim in my V70R wagon so that was not an option for me...hard to imagine disappointment in any of the trim selections...no more obsessing over colors and trims...at least for tonight.

Platinum Bronze E93 / Saddle-Black Dakota / Light Poplar / ZPP / ZSP / CWP / Nav / Sirius / iPod-USB / Comfort Access / HD radio
Appreciate 0