Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need Some Input

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Need Some Input

Im going to get 18" M6 style replicas for my 328i. I wanted to go 18x8 all the way around no run flats, so I can rotate the tires as needed. But is this a good idea? Should I just go staggered 18x8 front and 18x9 back? What do you guys recommend?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Im going to get 18" M6 style replicas for my 328i. I wanted to go 18x8 all the way around no run flats, so I can rotate the tires as needed. But is this a good idea? Should I just go staggered 18x8 front and 18x9 back? What do you guys recommend?
Rotating tires is and always has been a good idea. I recommend you let a tech at the tire shop define when it is advisable.

Of course if you have them on a second set of wheels then you can only switch the back to the front and front to the rear on the same side unless you remove tires from rims and switch them around (depending on design).

I have a winter/wheel/tire set all the same size on all four corners 225/40/R18 (photos in my garage if you like to see the details under "Winter Set UP")

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0