E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Removing errors via coding

07-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Removing errors via coding

I installed some Depo P90 v2 head lights on my car, and ever since get an error when I turn on/off my car. I looked it up in the manual and it says it's just a general head light problem. Not low beams or high beams. I was gonna try to code for the cold weather/warm weather checks but couldn't manage to find the code in my ECU. Is this because I don't have xenon lights? Do halogens not do the cold weather/warm weather checks? Also, I was wondering if maybe coding my car to think it would have xenons would help.

Any help/guidance would be great. I hate getting that error whenever I turn on the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Bumpity.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
dziqsek
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 320d

+1 bump
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Can you post a picture of the error and your NFRM or FRM .TRC file? What do you mean by "cold weather/warm weather checks"?
      07-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here's a pic of the error I get. I looked it up in the manual and it's not very specific. It basically says something is wrong with the headlights.

In the BMW CODING success thread there is a spreadsheet with a bunch of info. They have a bunch of codes for "Bulb Test Warning". Those are the cold weather/warm weather bulb tests that I was referring to. I don't have the files on this computer I'm using right now to show you my .MAN file, but after doing multiple searches for various function values (ie. WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL_L etc.) I can't find any.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Also, just to clarify this error was not caused by coding. It has been an issue ever since I installed my Depo P90 version 2 head lights. I had just hoped that I would be able to fix the error via coding.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
You can, you code out the bulb check system...it's explained in the sheet that's in the original post of that huge coding thread.

Btw, it's not cold and warm "weather". It's cold, for start up. And warm for when the bulbs have been on for a period of time.

Which module are you going into?
Appreciate 1
TGSN_30.00
      07-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
You can, you code out the bulb check system...it's explained in the sheet that's in the original post of that huge coding thread.

Btw, it's not cold and warm "weather". It's cold, for start up. And warm for when the bulbs have been on for a period of time.

Which module are you going into?
So you're saying I need to code for all the bulb test warnings? I was gonna try that, but when I was looking through the FRM module I couldn't find any of the code. I have a 2006 325i. Is there any way that code is in a different module?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Just for the specific bulbs that are erroring out.
Definitely in the FRM for your 06
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

That error is not from your low beam or high beam lights (it is a different symbol). It could be your turn signal, AE, sideblinkers, rear lights, license plate lights etc.

You have to find out which bulb is throwing that error and then disable the warm/cold start checks.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys. I must have been looking through a different module when I was searching for the code functions. I'm guessing that it's my turn signals that are throwing the error since they're LED in the Depo P90 v2.

When I get some time I'll try it again and post back if it all works out.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #12
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

That is probably it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Okay, so I had a chance to mess around with it for a bit. First I coded pretty much everything I could find with KALTUEBERWACHUNG and WARMUEBERWACHUNG in it. The reason I did this instead of just looking for the specific ones is because the functions in my FRM module don't match up exactly with what is in the spreadsheet. This didn't fix the issue. I was still getting the error, so I messed around a bit more and thought I'd code for the angel eyes error that is found just above the bulb test warnings in the spreadsheet. I went to Google Translate and found out FEHLMERELDUNG means ERROR MESSAGE in English so I coded everything with FEHLMERELDUNG to not active.

Good new is the error is gone. I'm not sure how important it is that I go back and test each one, one by one to see which one it is that is causing the error. Should I go back and change all the bulb test warnings to active or am I okay just leaving them off? And what about the ERROR MESSAGES that I disabled?

I'm just glad to finally get rid of that error message every time I started the car. It drove me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I just went through and matched up my bulb test warning functions with my backup and read it to my FRM module in my car. After they were all changed back, I'm still not getting the error. It must have been one of the FEHLMERELDUNG functions I changed. If I isolate exactly which one it is, I'll let you guys know.

Again, thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #15
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here's a list of the FEHLERMELDUNG functions that I coded. One (or a combination of) these got rid of my errors. I'm guessing that the L and R in the function stand for left and right, but I don't know what anything else stands for. If you guys know, it would help me out a lot in determining which one of these solves my problem, and which ones I need to change back.

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_AL_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_AL_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BL_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BL_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_H_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_H_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_V_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_V_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_FL_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_FL_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_KZL

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSL_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSL_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_RSF_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_RSF_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_R

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BFD_L

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BFD_R
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
dallas.daines
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Bump.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #17
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
That error is not from your low beam or high beam lights (it is a different symbol). It could be your turn signal, AE, sideblinkers, rear lights, license plate lights etc.

You have to find out which bulb is throwing that error and then disable the warm/cold start checks.
Yup. I have the same exact error light and although I know exactly why I'm receiving that, you can push and hold the BC (Board Computer) button for a around ~5 secs and it should give you a CC-ID number. Mine was CC-ID 371 meaning it was my license plate lights. PM for the list of CC-IDs
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #18
Power Hungry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 328i E90

Hey, im new to the forum, so I can't pm yet. But I would really like a list of those CC-ID's. Any way you can get it to me?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #19
Tbird1000
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 320XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Hey, im new to the forum, so I can't pm yet. But I would really like a list of those CC-ID's. Any way you can get it to me?
You can get it here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451145 (it's in the first post)
The "head" coding thread , everyone that is beginning to code "have to" read that thread, i'm a newbie in this area also and it have been an superb help.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Here is the Cliff Notes version of it. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261
      09-08-2023, 08:54 AM   #21
loknar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 iDrive

For over a month, I've been trying to code out "parking lights" showing up on my 2007 335 iDrive monitor. error which usually occurs when I enter the highway. Could be left. And 10 minutes later, the right also. Sometimes not.

I've coded every warm and cold checks and monitors that could remotely be related and still see it on a long drive (17 minutes)

Also noticed when playing with other coding some values roll back to a default one. I'm sure I coded that windows keep rising when the door opens but that feature went back to the US default... I was trying to code digital speed on dashboard. It worked one time but the next day it was gone...

So after coding I tend to read coding again to see what actually changed. kMBI_PL2.C08 shows 96.4% in ncsdummy. Is that normal?

I use ncsexpert and ncs dummy
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #22
loknar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 iDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loknar View Post
For over a month, I've been trying to code out "parking lights" showing up on my 2007 335 iDrive monitor. error which usually occurs when I enter the highway. Could be left. And 10 minutes later, the right also. Sometimes not.

I've coded every warm and cold checks and monitors that could remotely be related and still see it on a long drive (17 minutes)

Also noticed when playing with other coding some values roll back to a default one. I'm sure I coded that windows keep rising when the door opens but that feature went back to the US default... I was trying to code digital speed on dashboard. It worked one time but the next day it was gone...

So after coding I tend to read coding again to see what actually changed. kMBI_PL2.C08 shows 96.4% in ncsdummy. Is that normal?

I use ncsexpert and ncs dummy
I realized I'm in Expert Mode on my NCSEXPERT
I thought this was the only mode for coding
But of course when using ncsdummy you have to use the NCS dummy profile in NCSExpert.
Not sure why

It's confusing to me because the word dummy may suggest nothing will be coded and it's just a simulation

Will advise again if my codes didn't suppress the errors
Setting not active every parking and standing light code
Appreciate 0