E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cp-e or vrsf downpipes

07-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #23
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I'm ready for it.

TBH, they are both great products.
a pipe is a pipe imo lol
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
a pipe is a pipe imo lol
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
If we're gonna be serious, the Akrapovic Downpipe is the highest quality

Only three welds are made (one on the elbow section, the second on the OEM replica flex bend & the third for DP bellmouth). The DP also includes:
  • OEM location o2 sensors
  • Utilizes the OEM subframe mounting bracket to prevent DP rotation/subframe rubbing
  • Studs in place of bolts normally used for the midpipe connection

But they're also retardedly expensive (~$1,600) which is almost double of your next closest option (the ARs). From a value perspective, the VRSF, cP-E + ARs all can justify what the cost with quality of materials they use & fitment.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
Danny271
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
CP-E All the way for the following that surpasses the competition
  1. Cast bellmouths
  2. Mandrel bent tubing
  3. TIG welded

= Outstanding Unmatched Quality
I couldn't disagree with you more. I own the CP-E pipes and the quality control (or lack there of) is horrible. I'm all about supporting quality engineered products, and especially those that are manufactured in the good 'ole US of A... but my entire experience with CP-E was crummy at best.

I had 3 sets of pipes drop shipped to me over the course of a week, before getting a set of pipes that actually fit on my vehicle. What was cp-e's response to me? That I should be thankful that they paid for the return shipping. I'm sorry that I didn't go with the AR Design pipes like I had originally planned to. The extra few hundred bucks I saved by purchasing the CP-E pipes was flushed right down the drain when I had to leave my car at AutoCouture Motoring in NJ for most of the week and organize transportation for those days to and from airports.

My advice to those searching for downpipes, steer clear of CP-E. One happy customer might tell a single person about their experience, but an unhappy customer will tell many about theirs. CP-E needs to step up their quality control and customer service BIG TIME!

Do my CP-E pipes work now? Yup. Do they rattle? Yup. Would I recommend them to others? Hellllllll no.

Have other members had very positive experiences with CP-E? I'm sure. But this is my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #27
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny271 View Post
Do my CP-E pipes work now? Yup. Do they rattle? Yup. Would I recommend them to others? Hellllllll no.
I had a similar experience with another brand (that goes by 4 letters & is going to be releasing a FMIC + CBE soon). Where they 3" DPs and look like AR reps? Yea. Did the fitment suck & they rattle against the subframe no matter what how we turned + rotated them? Every FUCKING day

It's unfortunate that my bad experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'd never consider another product from "this" company....

Learned a very difficult lesson with those DPs: You gotta pay to play
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #28
wbc
Banned
China
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I'm ready for it.

TBH, they are both great products.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #29
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

Just get 1 car same mods, same tune, same conditions. all downpipes dyno test then everyone shuts up.

2014 BSM 335i Msport - Stock
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #30
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
I couldn't disagree with you more. I own the CP-E pipes and the quality control (or lack there of) is horrible. I'm all about supporting quality engineered products, and especially those that are manufactured in the good 'ole US of A... but my entire experience with CP-E was crummy at best.
Ok, this sound like something I hear everyday. I had Sprint, or I had Verizon, or I had AT&T and the beat goes on about how terrible the service and products of these carriers are. Seems the same stigma is found in car mods. Its Ok I understand you had a bad expereince

Quote:
I had 3 sets of pipes drop shipped to me over the course of a week, before getting a set of pipes that actually fit on my vehicle.
You are a minority to say this. The overwhelming consesus from end user reviews the CP-E DP's are problem free when it comes to fitment.

Quote:
What was cp-e's response to me? That I should be thankful that they paid for the return shipping.
This is bad customer service not product quality

Quote:
My advice to those searching for downpipes, steer clear of CP-E. One happy customer might tell a single person about their experience, but an unhappy customer will tell many about theirs. CP-E needs to step up their quality control and customer service BIG TIME!
Again your ranting here does not expound on product quality. The issue your are complaining about is CS quality.

Quote:
There are complaints of DP rattles from just about every manafacture/vendor. Everyone including the vendors will say they were not installed correctly. AR Design can even chime in on this, cause I have seen them respond to complaints about rattles on their DP also and I agree that they were installed incorrectly. I have seen the best of the best installers still screw up an installation.

Quote:
Have other members had very positive experiences with CP-E? I'm sure. But this is my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Your experience of bad quality is about how you were treated from your point of view.

.oO0(All I can say for the readers is just search for reviews on the CP-E DPs and you will see that the complain from this member is of a minority, PLUS he is still unable to explain the lack of quality in the CP-E DPs)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #31
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
If we're gonna be serious, the Akrapovic Downpipe is the highest quality

Knowing me I would have just bought them just to piss people off....Akrapovic is a damn good company though.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #32
BoostAddict
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM 335i

Quote:
I had a similar experience with another brand (that goes by 4 letters & is going to be releasing a FMIC + CBE soon). Where they 3" DPs and look like AR reps? Yea. Did the fitment suck & they rattle against the subframe no matter what how we turned + rotated them? Every FUCKING day

It's unfortunate that my bad experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'd never consider another product from "this" company....

I had the exact same experience with said company. Once with a customer car. I also will never deal with that company again.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #33
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
I'm pretty happy with my AR's; had them on for 5k miles now. They may cost more but I've had no fitment or no rattling issues whatsoever.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #34
Zasquatch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
NOT AGAIN!!!!

HOW MANY OF THESE GODFORSAKEN THREADS DO WE NEED?

But fine, I'll bite: I've had great experience with cp-e. Perfect fitament, beautiful cast bellmouth/welds/bends. No regrets, and no hassles whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #35
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

I've heard of a lot of stories between all the downpipes, at the end of the day install error plays a huge roll with downpipes and fitment. Sure, there might be a few cases where they simply won't fit but that can come from any manufacturer.

People will have their opinions and evaluate a purchase based on their own decision making processes, but I know I can say with confidence, its really the luck of the draw on this car.

I've seen the Ebay downpipes and inexpensive ones fit well, and I've seen them fit poor, and the same goes for the "expensive" brands. Roll the dice.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #36
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Knowing me I would have just bought them just to piss people off....Akrapovic is a damn good company though.
After seeing the quality of materials used the build quality, the sound + ease of install, I'm prob gonna be an Akra whore the rest of my life. IMO, worth every penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
I had the exact same experience with said company. Once with a customer car. I also will never deal with that company again.
^^This is the correct response. As for everyone that's bitching and moaning about customer service, that has NOTHING to do with the quality of the specific mod. Both *********** + myself had a bad experience with a particular company's "affordable DP" & agree that the attractive pricing cannot overcome the awful fit + quality.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #37
Laid Black 335i
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)

OP, you can't go wrong with either. I personally have the VRSF because the price was great. Any good quality DP should be good enough, as long as it's not the crappy e-bay ones made with horrible bends and welds.
      07-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #38
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Unfortunately you'll hear all the stories about how fit was an issue and I know of one person who said the VRSF's didn't fit well, but you also have to remember not everyone knows WTF they are doing... I'm happy I paid less than $400 to get a true 3" DP that looks a lot like an AR pipe, but unlike AR who reduces the pipe to 60mm at mid point, VRSF goes the distance and does a reduction in the last 1 inch of pipe. I think they sound great with stock and aftermarket pipes, cat or catless. I ran the HPF 3" single and picked up a few more HP over stock, but at the end of the day, if you just want a good DP and don't want to waste your money, VRSF is the way to go. I've had them installed for about a year now, absolutely no fit issues and no rattle.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #39
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
After seeing the quality of materials used the build quality, the sound + ease of install, I'm prob gonna be an Akra whore the rest of my life. IMO, worth every penny

^^This is the correct response. As for everyone that's bitching and moaning about customer service, that has NOTHING to do with the quality of the specific mod. Both *********** + myself had a bad experience with a particular company's "affordable DP" & agree that the attractive pricing cannot overcome the awful fit + quality.
I would disagree that it is the "correct" response. For a "better" response, take a sample of people that have had good vs bad issues with VRSF. I'm betting you'll hear overwhelming responses on the "good" side. (Present company included.)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #40
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWsky View Post
I would disagree that it is the "correct" response. For a "better" response, take a sample of people that have had good vs bad issues with VRSF. I'm betting you'll hear overwhelming responses on the "good" side. (Present company included.)
I'm sure there are a larger portion of people that have had "better" experiences with the VRSF products then I have. But from what this & the other forums have said, the VRSF DPs give more trouble than the alternatives.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #41
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
I'm sure there are a larger portion of people that have had "better" experiences with the VRSF products then I have. But from what this & the other forums have said, the VRSF DPs give more trouble than the alternatives.
Rather than making broad based, sweeping generalizations, why don't you try and post opinions that are more factual in nature?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #42
nailer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i f30 330i g20 m340i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
2022 m340i  [0.00]
2017 330i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasquatch
NOT AGAIN!!!!

HOW MANY OF THESE GODFORSAKEN THREADS DO WE NEED?

But fine, I'll bite: I've had great experience with cp-e. Perfect fitament, beautiful cast bellmouth/welds/bends. No regrets, and no hassles whatsoever.
We need these "which xxxx should I buy" every single day. Because people need to be told what to do, how to be, how to "customize" their car (like every one else says) and because sheep need their shepherd. At this point, I seem to question those that avidly participate in these threads, repping what theyve got tp no end, as much as the wandering sheep who post them.

On a different note, guys should I get forged DVs or a BOV? I just dont know and have been reading about it for days...
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #43
woptang22
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 BMW M3

Hey Eric you had a previous issue with other DP's? I believe I have the ones your talking about on my car. I cant complain one bit. HELIX installed them for me and ran into no issues whatsoever. I think its the best $389 I spent. I thought there might have been fitment issues or something along those lines, but they fit perfectly and have been good ever since. Maybe I just got lucky. But it seemed as if most people on here give them excellent reviews. Its ashame you had those issues.

Quote:

07-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #44
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Ok, this sound like something I hear everyday. I had Sprint, or I had Verizon, or I had AT&T and the beat goes on about how terrible the service and products of these carriers are. Seems the same stigma is found in car mods. Its Ok I understand you had a bad expereince

You are a minority to say this. The overwhelming consesus from end user reviews the CP-E DP's are problem free when it comes to fitment.

This is bad customer service not product quality

Again your ranting here does not expound on product quality. The issue your are complaining about is CS quality.

There are complaints of DP rattles from just about every manafacture/vendor. Everyone including the vendors will say they were not installed correctly. AR Design can even chime in on this, cause I have seen them respond to complaints about rattles on their DP also and I agree that they were installed incorrectly. I have seen the best of the best installers still screw up an installation.

Your experience of bad quality is about how you were treated from your point of view.

.oO0(All I can say for the readers is just search for reviews on the CP-E DPs and you will see that the complain from this member is of a minority, PLUS he is still unable to explain the lack of quality in the CP-E DPs)

Couldnt have said it better myself...

I own CPE catless downpipes, and the quality was great as is there customer service, so much so, i went back and bought there DCI..