E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > ATL: HUGE shoutout to DAT a.k.a aznboi319

06-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

ATL: HUGE shoutout to DAT a.k.a aznboi319

6/3/2012

I hit up Dat a few weeks ago via PM on here in regards to the VRSF downpipe install and he agreed to help do them for a crazy good price. It took almost two weeks until the downpipes arrived and here they are basking in their glory.

Let me tell you at first I was a bit skeptic as the price he gave me was nearly a fourth of what shops charge and I thought we were going to be doing it on his driveway. Well I was wrong. He gave me an address which lead to his personal business with garage bays. I arrived first and shortly after his gorgeous E90 pulls up.

He opens up one of the garages and drives my car over the lube bay. For some reason my rear jack point rubber things were missing so he had to work from underneath the car without being able to lift it. Regardless he was optimistic.

After he got all the plastic underpanels off he was greeted to SEVERAL if not ALL rusted bolts. This car had less miles than his but it was originally from New York so you could only imagine.

I sat next to the car in some comfy seats while I heard tons of banging and grunting (possible swearing). This poor guy went through hell and back with getting the bolts and 02 sensors off. He knew it wasn't going to be easy but didn't give up and politely asked me if I wanted to go wait in his lobby, which was filled with a plethora of couches and accessible computers for guests to use.

Fast forward to 6 hours later LOL (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). I took a short nap and came to check up on Dat. The poor guy was covered in WD-40, sweat and grease and I think he got Grandpa and his employess involved too.

Though he never gave up i'm pretty sure this is the first and last as his install only took 2.5 hours.

I gave him a little but more than what he asked but it was still far less than the labor he had put in. Shortly after the install he asked me if I wanted some angel eyes and even offered to install for a great price as well. Being that I was looking for AE it was a win-win situation.

The hour drive was completely worth it. Dat was a really cool guy and his family and employees were super chill as well. All I can say is thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

Guys if you have any questions in regards to the install I think he's pretty damn knowledgeable now and if he's up to it he might do it again if you ask him (or pay) nicely enough LOL

His last text to me was "NP, it will hurt tomorrow"

Last edited by Jack_Vang; 06-04-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Nhan
nhanweezy
Rep
Drives: 2011 z4is

You notice any difference in power after the downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhan View Post
You notice any difference in power after the downpipes?
JB4 on Map 5 pulls much harder. Turbo spool is also a lot more audible. Just need to get rid of this damn rattle.......