E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > HBO: WestWorld

10-26-2016, 06:57 PM   #45
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Talulah was married to Elon Musk!! He definitely has taste for hot things. Jelly.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #46
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Those of you who are watching this and have NOT seen the original movie are doing yourselves a disfavor. Make sure you remember when the original was made, and how far-reaching the story was for its time.
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50
      10-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #47
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Those of you who are watching this and have NOT seen the original movie are doing yourselves a disfavor. Make sure you remember when the original was made, and how far-reaching the story was for its time.
I've been wanting to watch it. Would it help clarify a few things?
      10-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #48
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
I don't have HBO, so not sure what's in this series. But the original movie is a classic, and those who have been discussing above will see much of the same dilemma in the original.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #49
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I don't have HBO, so not sure what's in this series. But the original movie is a classic, and those who have been discussing above will see much of the same dilemma in the original.
I guess I'll watch it tonight.
      10-27-2016, 11:26 AM   #50
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
A few things. More like the concept and how the park operates. It's just a good movie to watch and IMO, a head of its time in terms of how AI is perceived.

The show uses the movie as a good reference but has taken it wayyyy into the deep end of the pool.

Plus I think Yul Brynner was a great actor
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #51
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Unfortunately no.

At the moment anyway, there is no direct link other than the park itself.

Who knows though, mwahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 11:16 PM   #52
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post

There's also a theory about Logan:
If you remember in Episode 3 - Younger Ford was looking at one of the more advanced hosts and this is a quick shot of him:

Look familiar?

Thus, creating the speculation of alternate timelines/universes, which could be what the "maze" is.

Could this guy be Arnold?

He seems to be "testing" his friend to see if he can get in on the business.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #53
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

And the plot thickens...
      10-31-2016, 08:29 AM   #54
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone watch? I was super distracted and only caught bits and pieces of it but from what I saw I think it was a good episode fitting for the Halloween weekend.

I'll have to watch it again tonight to pick up on some of the smaller details but I did see that Dolores aint too bad with a gun!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 08:31 AM   #55
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4
Anyone watch? I was super distracted and only caught bits and pieces of it but from what I saw I think it was a good episode fitting for the Halloween weekend.

I'll have to watch it again tonight to pick up on some of the smaller details but I did see that Dolores aint too bad with a gun!
Dude major spoilers at the end when they show "in the coming weeks..."
      10-31-2016, 09:49 AM   #56
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude major spoilers at the end when they show "in the coming weeks..."
AH! For some reason I always forget they show a snip-it of the next episode(s)

I'm starting to hate those dudes in livestock... just annoying
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 09:57 AM   #57
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Spoiler

If I'm not mistaken Logan is on a table being questioned like the rest of the host
      11-01-2016, 01:41 AM   #58
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Damn this show is good. They got me hooked.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #59
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

We are hooked as well. Ill admit I have not seen the original movie so will be checking that out this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #60
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdadkel View Post
We are hooked as well. Ill admit I have not seen the original movie so will be checking that out this weekend.
It'll give you a bit more background on how the park operates/concept and I believe there are 2 other additional worlds but they just focus on the "west" one. It's pretty good for the time period. The HBO show just jumped right into the mix of things then slowly shows how everything works and I think that confused a lot of people.

So, I thought episode 5 was pretty good. Loved the way Pariah is just sin city. Lawrence's dialogue in the begining with MiB was good and he's starting to become one of my fav characters.

A couple things I noticed, after MiB killed Lawrence, did someone come pick him up really quickly? Because from the time William, Logan and Dolores arrived at Pariah, robbed the caravan of nitro and then met up with Alonso/Lawrence, it had been roughly 36-48hrs..... so is he a double? Or did livestock pick him up and Ford change his programming?

Then who whispered the "shut down" words to Dolores while she was wading through the parade and how the hell did she end up back in HQ?

Part of me is thinking that Logan's company has something to do with the satellite transmitter Elsie found too. I'm still on the fence if he's a "host" or not bc I really think the older host that was shown on the table is him. If that is the case, he's fully sentient and somehow made it out/placed out of the park. Similar to what happened in Ex Machina.

Looks like Maeve is also becoming more and more self-aware and she's dying a lot just to see what's going on behind the scenes within in livestock. It'll be interesting to what she has to say to Felix. Since Felix is a half assed coder, he'll probably fuck up her new code and she'll go bat shit crazy.

I think the show also made it pretty clear that Ford has complete control of everything and Dolores looks SOOO much better in normal clothes rather than that plain blue dress. Looks like she's pretty quick on the trigger too

Episode 6 should be great
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50
      11-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #61
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
It'll give you a bit more background on how the park operates/concept and I believe there are 2 other additional worlds but they just focus on the "west" one. It's pretty good for the time period. The HBO show just jumped right into the mix of things then slowly shows how everything works and I think that confused a lot of people.

So, I thought episode 5 was pretty good. Loved the way Pariah is just sin city. Lawrence's dialogue in the begining with MiB was good and he's starting to become one of my fav characters.

A couple things I noticed, after MiB killed Lawrence, did someone come pick him up really quickly? Because from the time William, Logan and Dolores arrived at Pariah, robbed the caravan of nitro and then met up with Alonso/Lawrence, it had been roughly 36-48hrs..... so is he a double? Or did livestock pick him up and Ford change his programming?

Then who whispered the "shut down" words to Dolores while she was wading through the parade and how the hell did she end up back in HQ?

Part of me is thinking that Logan's company has something to do with the satellite transmitter Elsie found too. I'm still on the fence if he's a "host" or not bc I really think the older host that was shown on the table is him. If that is the case, he's fully sentient and somehow made it out/placed out of the park. Similar to what happened in Ex Machina.

Looks like Maeve is also becoming more and more self-aware and she's dying a lot just to see what's going on behind the scenes within in livestock. It'll be interesting to what she has to say to Felix. Since Felix is a half assed coder, he'll probably fuck up her new code and she'll go bat shit crazy.

I think the show also made it pretty clear that Ford has complete control of everything and Dolores looks SOOO much better in normal clothes rather than that plain blue dress. Looks like she's pretty quick on the trigger too

Episode 6 should be great
One of the things people are saying is that perhaps this isn't happening at the same time but rather different timelines, which in a way makes sense. And was that not Logan on a table after the credits?
PoorLurker1136.50
      11-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #62
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
One of the things people are saying is that perhaps this isn't happening at the same time but rather different timelines, which in a way makes sense. And was that not Logan on a table after the credits?
Hmmmm I didnt notice that. I'll have too look again. I've heard the theory about the two different timelines and I think it's possible but havent they already crossed paths but I cant remember. But if William is the MiB in "present" day, why would he rape her in episode 1? Plus Dolores starts to become really sentient when she stumbles into William and Logan's camp when they are on the hunt for Slim.

The dual timeline theory does make some sense though.... So when Logan and William first come into Sweetwater they see a Union soldier trying to recruit. Which in Teddy's time frame is the Sheriff. This would place William's time frame somewhere a bit prior to 1861-1865... Dolores mentioned in Piriah that the old Confederatos are just the crazies that wont let go. This would make the "present day" MiB in the correct time period around 1899-1901 and the Wild West is considered to be lasting up towards the 1920s....

But then there are the parts that show MiB and Teddy dressed in Union uniforms... Now my history isnt all that up to speed but I believe the Union returned back to the US Army shortly/immediately after 1865 and afterwards the uniforms were different. If this is the case, it'd automatically discredit the two timeline theory based on historical reference alone. Also, when Teddy switches stories to the Wyatt one, did he say that Wyatt went crazy during the civil war when they were part of the Union or did they keep it generalized.

Then in the preview for the next episodes: Who is this:

Something also has Bernard really upset. This was probably show 1sec or less in the preview. I had to pause it online to grab a pic

Then there's this...kind of leaning towards my Ex Machina ending, where Dolores rolls out and into the real world. Maybe... but the carpet though looks like a welcome mat so maybe she's going back in??

Absolutely anything is possible at this point
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #63
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Did you catch the guy who looks like logan at the end?
      11-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #64
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you catch the guy who looks like logan at the end?
End of the actual show or end of the preview?
Probably not since I cant remember too well lol
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #65
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Just went back, its not Logan
      11-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #66
EALm4
Colonel
United_States